Playstation 3 e3 thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panajev2001a said:
BD-ROM at 1x is quite slower than 12x DVD, jvd you know that it would not be very reasonable too ;).

I'm expecting a 2x actually but everything says bluray drive with no speed lending me to belive its a 1x drive otherwise why not state the speed ?

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20050516050446674.jpg

hmm......

well, at the end of the day (est) the only thing we can say for sure is that the controller has the digital dpad of the psp 8)

Xeno said:
Jaws said:
DeanoC said:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/16/news_6124681.html

"Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer" based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision, 1080p resolution, some of the highest HD resolution around. The RSX also has 512mb of graphics render memory and is capable of 100 billion shader operations and 51 billion dot products per second. It also has over 300 million transistors, larger than any processor available commercially today. It will be manufactured using the 90nm process with 8 layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra video cards, which would cost roughly $1000 total if bought today."

Huh? Last I looked that was 256MB????

512mb=64MB :idea:

I think they could mean the RSX can access both CPU and GPU memory ~ 512 MB :?

I'll jump out of the window if any of those games they're showing/planing aren't at least 60 Hz... that includes that KillZone picture. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back