The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2015 edition

no talks about pricing and release date?

seems the robot sport thing and headmaster are fun. Too bad Summer Lesson got too many graphic downgrade.

hopefully its also PC compatible. because with only that lineup.. buying morpheus in day 1 will be hard to do

The problem is that nobody announced a price or a release date yet, so it's very dangerous to announce first, even Valve which is supposed to launch 2015. Everyone want to make some profit, but they also want to undercut each other. The last to announce the price is in the best position.

My biggest gripe right now is that even if I buy a headset for PS4 and another for PC, there's already some peripheral exclusives on PC... I want to play the next game from Ready at Dawn, Insomniac, I really want Portal, and I want GT7 in VR. I'll need to buy three different headsets, and it will be three different controllers too, with a completely stupid mess in my home theater with cameras and sensors everywhere. So I'm getting Morpheus and then wait for the dust to settle on PC.

If Morpheus was working on PC it would be great.

Who's going to invest in AAA titles for an unproven peripheral? It's inevitable that the first steps will be non-committal, because you don't bet the farm on long-odds unless you're a maverick. Also AAA titles with AAA visuals won't port directly. You'll need games to be AAA and VR targeted to get Morpheus releases with 2D releases to suit. Cross-reality games might be few and far between actually, which means you'll need a substantial VR install base to justify specific targeting.

Oh absolutely, I agree. It's just a shame something like Project Cars can't be shown on the device (yet?)

And besides, I'm pretty sure I'll buy one when it's released. I'm very excited by the prospect of VR but then I was excited by the Kinect tech too.

Snorepherus is kinda growing on me too. From boring what-the-heck-is-the-point kind of hardware to ooooooh-pretty-lights.
As long as they keep it close to £300, and that's being very generous, I'll get one. Provided there's software worth the price.

final Fantasy is not being kept exclusive. A remark of an old game that appeared on PlayStation and PC and fans of the game basically are old PS owners. Future FF's are multiplatform. In contrast, though the TR franchise remained multiplat, the core game and the sequel to the recent big hit was made exclusive.

If Sony had announced that the next iteration of FF was exclusive, then you'd expect people to be up in arms. Although even then, it wouldn't be a sequel of an ongoing story and FF is not such an important franchise to XBox - PS3 FFXIII sold nearly double XB360's in US in the first month.
they have announced the story will be different from the original.

Its the same thing. except now the shoe is on the other foot and people are happy instead of mad. It was the same with destiny and cod. Oh why does xbox get map packs early ... but no one complained that ps4 has year long exclusive dlc for destiny and like wise no one is complaining now that ps4 has exclusive cod content early.

I thought it was 11 xbox, what happened to the other 3 ?

Well my original launch 20 gig is now dead :( . I also traded one in and got $100 off a $200 refurbed xbox one with Kinect.

Anyway I own most systems. Intellivison , coleco vision , nes , super nes , master system , genesis , 32x / sega cd , n64 , Saturn , psx , xbox 360 , xbox one , wii u , wii

Not working I have a ps2 , ps3 , turbographix 16 , 3do , odessy 200.

As for last guardian , I was into shadow of colossus but didn't like ico and this looks like ico. Also my posting history and last guardian is about the same as with other long delayed games like half life 3 or duke nukem or even the new doom.

The problem is that nobody announced a price or a release date yet, so it's very dangerous to announce first, even Valve which is supposed to launch 2015. Everyone want to make some profit, but they also want to undercut each other. The last to announce the price is in the best position.

My biggest gripe right now is that even if I buy a headset for PS4 and another for PC, there's already some peripheral exclusives on PC... I want to play the next game from Ready at Dawn, Insomniac, I really want Portal, and I want GT7 in VR. I'll need to buy three different headsets, and it will be three different controllers too, with a completely stupid mess in my home theater with cameras and sensors everywhere. So I'm getting Morpheus and then wait for the dust to settle on PC.

If Morpheus was working on PC it would be great.

Valve will most likely be the most expensive solution. They are shipping with a light house + the motion controls. They are also launching up to 6 months earlier than oculus/sony

I think the rift will be the cheapest with just a camera and xbox controller in the bundle.

Morpheus is an interesting case. Do they ship just one sku which comes with eyetoy , move and the headset ? Do they have a head set only for those who might have move and an eyetoy ? Do they ship a sku with a headset and the eyetoy but no move ? So its hard to see what price it will come in. I think it will be around $300 for the headset/camera combo. I think the rift will be at the same price point and then the vive will be at $500

Videos linked at the website don't look bad. Naysayers saying the games wouldn't even be PS3 quality seem disproven. Perfectly serviceable graphics for an immersive experience IMO.

Agreed. Morpheus doesn't need COD to be successful. It needs an abundance of affordable games that make the tech worthwhile, and then the bigger titles will follow. The problem with Kinect was it had Kinect Sports, which was great, and then nothing after. If Morpheus can get small to indie developers cranking out good games in the $10-40 price range. There's already a ton of free Oculus demos. Just give devs the tools to port them, and there will be a huge amount of content.

I don't see anyone putting large amounts of $ into VR AAA titles until the formula is figured out, for now we'll likely see the indie developers experimenting with the tech and coming up with scenarios that consumers eventually gravitate towards. That is if the tech even proves to be a hit with consumers, the upfront cost might prove to be too great for the tech to be mainstream.

Sony needs to release something for Morpehus that is a must thing to do/experience which basically sets the bar for other developers to beat.
I guess like Kinect Sports on Xbox360 and Sports Champions on the PS3
Historically Sony "forced" their studios to support Move, so its not farfetched they will do the same for Morpheus, albeit I doubt anybody consider their Move stuff to have been very successful.

Lots of titles already playable on the floor for something coming out around 6 to 12 months. Also many third parties like Project Cars, Ark, Adrift, Thief, QUBE2, and other announced games but not yet playable. Lots of unnamed projects and even Sony starting a new studio to make VR games. Unreal Engine 4 demonstrated to work well on Morpheus, so cross-platform development is very much settled.

I'm hoping for AAA titles with VR being optional, which is a low financial risk, like racers and third person adventure games. We already have Project Cars announced and I'm pretty sure most racers will have to follow. Slow paced adventure games, RPGs and MMOs are also a natural fit for optional VR.

Just having GT7 work with VR will make this a must buy for many sim racing fans.

Interview with Shu Yoshida:
http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/an-intimate-chat-with-sony-playstation-shuhei-yoshida/

Not worried about MS VR as they are supporting it well on PC now, in contrast with their previous statements "VR is not a now thing".

Morpheus hardware near complete, small tweaks to the hardware at E3. Still on track for second half of 2016. Trying to coordinate first parties and third parties for aligned launch.

30 Morpheus titles in development.

Obviously very happy that oculus used something so similar to Move. Move 2 was fake (duh) and they have no intention of making a new one. It just works, etc...

TLG was prerecorded gameplay video because the AI of the creature makes it difficult to do a live demo with the tight schedule they had.

Has anybody seen anything during the E3 coverage about Eye Pet? I really am hoping we get a release on PS4.....

Edit:

speaking about missing titles any Deep Down news?

Back