Playstation 3 e3 thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
How funny would this be:

We all know Sony are getting friendly with Apple, imagine this (might be a bit far fetched). Sony could ship PS3 with MacOS or something like that, and some of the PS3 cores could be dedicated to running the OS... have they actually said what each core will be used for???

How pissed off would MS be! I mean all them ports on the back of the PS3 would be put to good use then.....

Just a thought

How is it that the casing doesn't have vents of any sort? With a >200m transistor CPU and a 300m transistor GPU and 512MB of fast RAM, that thing must generate a ton of heat!

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050517/482/ksd10105170114&g=events/tc/051705elecentexpo

capt.ksd10105170114.video_game_expo_ksd101.jpg

Hmm one that looks like it could be bigger than the x360 . can anyone judge the size using photo shop ?

one said:
http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050517/482/ksd10105170114&g=events/tc/051705elecentexpo

Allard just seems so much more charismatic. Not to mention, the PS3 looks bigger than I expected. Not much bigger than the 360 I'd say.

it really looks good in black .

However

Where are the air vents ? That thing has to be putting out a good amount of heat (though this could jsut be a mock up )

and why that controller . It makes me sad

edit * nevermind on the vents i see some on the sides that are covered when it stands up

Allard is trained to look the way he does, Ken marvels and actually feels his pieces are a work of beautiful art. He was an engineer y'know.

Anyways, isnt from elbow to around the palm of ones hand about 1ft. in length?

-Rich

That 'boomerang' controller has got to go. It is hella ugly. They gotta change that. They can't replace the Dual Shock with that thing. WTF with the analog stixs?

Machine looks slick.

(Hopefully this doesn’t get deleted)

IMO, Sony took a step back, design-wise. PS3 seems to resembles the original PS2 (only convex, rather then rectangular) rather then neat and tidy PSTwo.

The GPU exceeds the performance of two top chips combined from the current generation but uses 300M transistors and comes out over a release cycle later. It's too bad that Sega Sammy's system designers aren't putting out home consoles anymore. The chips used in their high-end PowerVR arcade board will still make for direct comparisons, though, so the competitiveness that their partners' system could've provided will still be observable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back