Pixel Junk Eden

This Dungeon Crawler
Cuthbert showed an early sketch for PixelJunk Dungeons, the fourth game in the series, depicted as a top-down dungeon crawler...
I'm just not 'getting' Eden. It seems more artsy than gamey, like flOw. If they are to sell me this game, it'll have to be on the strength of a demo.

I just tried it. I think you'll "get it" rather quickly :p

Will be buying this and PJ Monster (Summer promotion @ $4.99). Elefunk will have to wait a little longer.... just a little. ^_^

I just tried it. I think you'll "get it" rather quickly :p

Will be buying this and PJ Monster (Summer promotion @ $4.99). Elefunk will have to wait a little longer.... just a little. ^_^

Very good. This is a high recommend from me. I LOVE this game and can't wait to try out PJE.

IIRC, Q-games guy was saying something like how early demos actually hurt sales, but for Eden they were going to release one because they were that confident in the game.

After playing that awesome demo I have to disagree, it seems like demo itself has too much replay value. :)

Anybody knows how many gardens are there in the full game?

How many gardens have people found? I found four, but after I had already run through the other gardens enough times to prevent me from entering it. I wonder if there's more.

It's an amazing game. The music, the atmosphere, the rhythm to the gameplay.

At first I was having a hard time controling the little guy. But after a while, the movements were coming more naturally. With 2 good players this game is going to be an amazing ballet!

I've completed as much as it would let me in the demo and I am still wanting more!

It's an amazing game. The music, the atmosphere, the rhythm to the gameplay.

At first I was having a hard time controling the little guy. But after a while, the movements were coming more naturally. With 2 good players this game is going to be an amazing ballet!

I've completed as much as it would let me in the demo and I am still wanting more!

Are you sure? There's four gardens. And you go back into them again and again to get more Spectra

I don't think the game is nearly as good as loco roco (the PSP version), but it's original enough and it's quite a bit of simple fun (and does get more complex with enemies, different terrain and such later on). If the multiplayer works well, then that'll improve the attraction for this game a lot.

I don't like the falling down bit. I wish there was some sort of overview map or way to zoom out if you fall so that you decrease your chances of falling all the way down, which is just really annoying.

This game needs rope swings in mid air. The best roping action I ever experienced was the Amiga game Fury of the Furries. Rope control got quite complex, swinging your mass and shrinking/lengthening the rope to control speed etc. Eden lacks the fun of the motion that FotF's had, and as that's pretty much all you're doing in this game, I think it falls short of what it could be.

What's to be had in multiplayer? Looks to me like 2/3 people independently doing the same thing.

This game needs rope swings in mid air. The best roping action I ever experienced was the Amiga game Fury of the Furries. Rope control got quite complex, swinging your mass and shrinking/lengthening the rope to control speed etc. Eden lacks the fun of the motion that FotF's had, and as that's pretty much all you're doing in this game, I think it falls short of what it could be.

What's to be had in multiplayer? Looks to me like 2/3 people independently doing the same thing.

No it doesn't. This is not Sipderman. That would make the game incredibly arcadey, and far too easy.

No you work together in co-op, flinging each other around - or catching each other to go higher, and getting combos together (higher combos than in SP play)

I don't think the game is nearly as good as loco roco (the PSP version), but it's original enough and it's quite a bit of simple fun (and does get more complex with enemies, different terrain and such later on). If the multiplayer works well, then that'll improve the attraction for this game a lot.

I don't like the falling down bit. I wish there was some sort of overview map or way to zoom out if you fall so that you decrease your chances of falling all the way down, which is just really annoying.

Don't spin on your way down. You should know what's below you since you climbed up it in the first place.

Back