Pixel Junk Eden

Eden looks awesome! It reminds me of LocoRoco crossed with spiderman.
I want it now!!!!

Heh, those were my exact same thoughts. :D Well except for the "I want it now" bit, I don't mind waiting a little while, almost done with the new kitchen but not quite yet. ;)

Why do you care for replayability in a title like this? These things are £3.50. If you get 10 hours play out of it, that's superb value for money even if you never play it again! Even 5 hours is excellent value compared with most entertainments.

The only game I have gotten 10 hours out of has been bowling. As cool as Flow was at first, 1 hour goes by fast, and then thats it. I have no problem spending loot to play games, but as good as Flow was initially it left me with a disappointing taste in my mouth. Eden looks to be possibly the same. I will hold judgment off until I play it, which I will end up buying anyhow. If it was $4.99 or less, I wouldn't care. Now, the price will double, and I care more.

I played Flow a lot more, in single player until I got three creatures unlocked at least. But Flow is much better for light-hearted multi-player fun, especially for people who don't often play games or are new to motion sensing.

Do you have any experience with the other PixelJunk games?

No I haven't played Racers or Monsters. Neither sounded intriguing enough for me to pay the $9.99 to test it. But, I will give Eden a shot. It does interest me more then the other 2. I don't have any local friends who have a PS3, so I don't have the luxury of using them as 'demos' for games I don't get.

I will add Pain and SuperStardust to the high replayability list. We have gotten quite a bit of gametime out of them.

Other games I got that left more to be desired: Snakeball, SuperRubaDub, LocoRoco, BlastFactor.

Interesting. I didn't even know what that was. Did some quick searching and that is a good feature. Has anyone had any success with it? From what I read, you have to actually log in with a local account on that users machine? Which I guess if they aren't local, you could just give that person your info? If anyone wants to work out something with this, I would be more then happy to!! There are some games I was interested in checking out, but may not want to purchase (sky diving, calling all cars, etc...)

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines. If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible."
"It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"

Yes, it still works, though there are a few games that have this option blocked I think. Usually, neogaf knows ...

No I haven't played Racers or Monsters. Neither sounded intriguing enough for me to pay the $9.99 to test it. But, I will give Eden a shot. It does interest me more then the other 2. I don't have any local friends who have a PS3, so I don't have the luxury of using them as 'demos' for games I don't get.

I will add Pain and SuperStardust to the high replayability list. We have gotten quite a bit of gametime out of them.

Other games I got that left more to be desired: Snakeball, SuperRubaDub, LocoRoco, BlastFactor.

Find a way to try Everyday Shooter and PixelJunk Monsters. I have not played the latter yet, but will soon do so since I have just completed DMC. Both games seem to have a good following.

Interesting. I didn't even know what that was. Did some quick searching and that is a good feature. Has anyone had any success with it? From what I read, you have to actually log in with a local account on that users machine? Which I guess if they aren't local, you could just give that person your info? If anyone wants to work out something with this, I would be more then happy to!! There are some games I was interested in checking out, but may not want to purchase (sky diving, calling all cars, etc...)
I have a three-friend circle who share basically all our content. We each have a local account on the other's machine, but even then it's just so we don't have to change the other guy's PSN login settings to grab new content. So far this has worked on anything and everything just fine, from Tekken online to Rock Band songs. After you have the content downloaded locally, it doesn't matter what account you're logged into or whether you're online or not... it just works. And, nicely, if you're playing games like Super Stardust HD, whatever PSN login you happen to be on at the time will be used for high score lists and the like; it's not limited to the game owner. The only game I know of which works differently right now is Warhawk, as it's tied to your login; you can still install it on multiple machines, but a friend would have to be signed on to your PSN to play online.

I sometimes stretch a fourth code to my brother, but figure keeping at least one "charge" free makes practical sense in case I have an issue with my hard drive at some point, or want to upgrade. Technically you're supposed to be able to be able to have your content registered on five machines, but I don't believe they're set up to handle it like iTunes (where you can reset permitted machines periodically), but rather simply have a "download limit" right now. One could probably argue the case with tech support (you've shared a game with four other machines, but then--say--have to get yours replaced by warranty) to be able to download them again, but I'd rather avoid the potential headache. Obviously I haven't tested the full parameters of this yet.

But at any rate, it's awfully nice to get so much with no effort. ^_^ My friends and I try to split things up as best we can, but even if all you do is share what you'd pick up all on your own, a group of friends will probably end up with enough differing taste to be able to try out a lot more than you would otherwise.

Also, just as obviously, there's a decent level of trust that has to go on here. The "less secure but more convenient" method is to toss them your PSN username and password, at which point all you have to do is let them know they can grab a new game or DLC you picked up. More secure but less convenient is if you have periodic local access to their machine, at which point you can just have a username on it, occasionally log onto your account, download the content yourself, then log out without saving your password. (If you trust them enough but are worried about your CC being used, you can always keep your password to yourself, log in once and save the PW, but put a pass-lock on purchases. Or alternatively change your PW to something generic, call them and tell them to pick up the content, then change your PW back after it's done.)

They could really use a cleaner and safer process for all this (say, tossing a "download permission" through your friend's list and letting them do it themselves, or at the VERY least making a cleaner separation between paid/protected and free DLC in your Transaction History so that demos and videos and such don't bog it down), but I think they like having the positive reputation of HAVING the capability, without losing the revenue (or gaining comparative ire of the devs/pubs selling their wares) that they might if they called more attention to it, and made it easy to take advantage of.

If you're a nerd with friends, however, you can save quite a bit. ^_^ And even if you ever run out of "charges" and don't want to deal with the hassle of going through tech support, it just turns into someone else buying the content again, and having more "charges" set up. Even if you're just sharing with two others, you're still well ahead of the time if it does come to that.

Eden:

[gt]36810[/gt]

Looks like a strange mix of Pain + LocoRoco + flOwer.

I haven't bought PixelJunk Monster yet. Have heard good things about the studio and the games, but I switched to buy Pain last minute :p

Will probably follow through this week or next.

I think I will definitley be picking this title up following all the positive previews and comments I've seen so far. The videos of it also look very abstract and cool.

I've really enjoyed pixel junk monsters so far and so have faith in the company to make a quality game.

Plus these small down loadable co-op games are becoming a real hit with friends and family as they are just so pick up and play.

You don't have invest huge amounts of time or concentration which makes them perfect to kill time spent waiting for people to get ready before going for night out.

I'm liking the direction Sony seems to be taking with the PS store. Was a little concerned at first but their selection of titles seems to becoming along nicely

I'm excited for this game. Dylan has confirmed at the Playstation.Blog that Eden will have trophy support, remote play support, youtube video support, DS3 and Six-axis support which are all pretty sweet. I am pretty sure I will suck at this game so it's good knowing I have my fellow gamers recording video tips for strategy :D

Back