PC local Co-op games

Sxotty

Legend
Hey all,
I'm looking for PC games with local Co-op mode.

I just played Trine 1 with 2 of my kids and they enjoyed it quite a bit. I know I should have a console for this, but hey I have a PC, 2 Xbox controllers and a stadia controller and it worked out fine in steam. I have the other trine games in GoG but I haven't tried that yet. In any case I figured people here might have some good suggestions.

Hey all,
I'm looking for PC games with local Co-op mode.

I just played Trine 1 with 2 of my kids and they enjoyed it quite a bit. I know I should have a console for this, but hey I have a PC, 2 Xbox controllers and a stadia controller and it worked out fine in steam. I have the other trine games in GoG but I haven't tried that yet. In any case I figured people here might have some good suggestions.

The Lego games generally have great co-op modes on PC.

Does it takes two supports local coop?

Their previous game (about prison break) did local coop amazingly

Thanks for your suggestions all. I haven't played Rayman games at all but they were definitely on the list to try and figure out if they would work. For some reason I had not considered Lego games. I don't know anything about them honestly. I'll look into them as well. The prison one did not seem like it would work but I might be wrong. I wasn't even sure you could do split screen local with two players from reading description. I wanted there to be three players which makes it harder to find games.

Last edited:
Totally Reliable Delivery Service. The game is hilarious and it is on PC gamepass.

Thanks for your suggestions all. I haven't played Rayman games at all but they were definitely on the list to try and figure out if they would work. For some reason I had not considered Lego games. I don't know anything about them honestly. I'll look into them as well. The prison one did not seem like it would work but I might be wrong. I want even sure you could do split screen local with two players from reading description. I wanted there to be three players which makes it harder to find games.
the prison break one suppots split screen. thats how i play with my cousin

tursn out it takes to also supports spl;it screen

and can be played on PC hahahaha

Absolutely. The vast majority of my same screen multilayer gaming on PC is via emulated Nintendo games. And exclusively for 3-4 players.

the prison break one suppots split screen. thats how i play with my cousin

tursn out it takes to also supports spl;it screen

They both look good but it takes too in particular looks really great. Surprised I've not heard of that before.

Hmmm, there was another thread in the former PC forum (that hopefully ended up here) that had lots of good suggestions for local multiplayer games on PC. If I get the time, I'll try to track it down.

On Steam you can also use the "local multiplayer" tag.

Regards,
SB

I do find Nintendo to be best in class for this category for games. Large library of couch multiplayer titles.
talking of couch multiplayer, Heroes of Might & Magic (one of my favourite genres) games are excellent games for that

so glad this thread exists..... I am currently playing a lot of games with my 5 years old and 3 years old nephews. Specially driving games -karts and 90s like racing arcades- and shmups (yes, as difficult as they seem to be, they like them, and some have infinite continues).

I have many recommendations, so I am going to split some posts up if mods allow me, not to create one gigantic post.

Strikers 1945 (1, 2 and 3) series. My 5 years old nephew loves modern aircraft and the Steam version have infinite continues as an option. Continuing is so easy, and there is no pause at all when using a continue, so the gaming flow is never interrupted. We completed Strikers 1945 and Strikers 1945 III (his favourite 'cos of the aircraft) a couple of times in one go.

(there is a bundle on Steam featuring the entire series)

if you are into emulation, Diddy Kong Racing is a pretty fun game, and it has 2 player coop for Adventure Mode too, if you use the code JOINTVENTURE in the Magic Codes section of the settings.

Sonic Wings (Aero Fighter) for SNES might be also a good choice:

1678275509247.png

another game that is on PC Gamepass is Paw Patrol: Grand Prix. It's a very fun game for them, and my 3 years old nephew enjoys it a lot too, 'cos the game has steering assist and even throttling assist, and the game's AI plays very well, so even if he is not touching the directional stick or accelerating at all, the game itself plays for him and there is a lot of competition going on. Highly recommended.

1678275933416.png

this is another game my nephews enjoy a lot, Sky Force Reloaded. The game features auto-fire, so they don't have to keep the finger on the A button all the time. Fun game, and have quite a few hours on it.

Jamestown+ one of the best shmups to play coop. TOTALLY recommended. Fun and excellent music. (if you are interested in this game, get the Jamestown+ from 2019, which is a remake of the original Jamestown -2011-). My nephews like the magician aircraft to play this one, although I had to unlock it first of course.

Another good shmup with lateral scrolling in this case, and coop, Super Hydorah, although I didn't play this game with my nephews, but I know Hydorah, which is a free game upon Super Hydorah is based.

Back