PC local Co-op games

Highly recommended.

Slipstream. Fun to play with my nephews playing 3 players coop. I don't push too hard so they can catch my car and we have some fun competition going on. The most fun mode to play with them is Cannon Ball, which is like playing Outrun, you go from scenery to scenery in a linear fashion, when you finish a track, the landscape changes smoothly and you go to "another country", like my nephews say.

It has autodrifting -ideal for my nephews, although you can set it to manual drifting, more complex mechanics, no good for them-

The game has okay music.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/732810/Slipstream

the best racing games to play coop with your family.

Horizon Chase Turbo. Better than Slipstream, imho, and so fun to play split screen.

The game also has great music.

Hotshot Racing. A very close game, quality wise, to Horizon Chase Turbo. The second best imho (not as easy to drive for a 5 y.o. or 3 y.o. for instance), it's a 90s style arcade racer.

The music and graphics are also excellent.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/609920/Hotshot_Racing

Other games....

Race Condition. A different style, up to 4 players split screen and it's okay to play with your family, kids, etc.

sorry for the multiple posts.

another game that is on PC Gamepass is Paw Patrol: Grand Prix. It's a very fun game for them, and my 3 years old nephew enjoys it a lot too, 'cos the game has steering assist and even throttling assist, and the game's AI plays very well, so even if he is not touching the directional stick or accelerating at all, the game itself plays for him and there is a lot of competition going on. Highly recommended.

View attachment 8418

I reckon my kids would love that Paw Patrol one.

I reckon my kids would love that Paw Patrol one.
they will. Trust me on this one. It's the game my nephews spent playing for most hours. They love the characters, which are familiar to them. And they know all the character's names. Plus the baddy, Humdinger mayor, is fun as hell, at least his dubbed voice in spanish: "I am the best mayor of the world!!". My 5 years old says Humdinger is bad because "he does things" xDDDDD.

He gets all excited when playing Strikers 1945 III, too. "I am a combat aircraft! You can't defeat me". šŸ˜‘

Dunno the age of your children, but at 5 y.o. Slipstream with auto drift and Horizon Chase Turbo maybe won't be hard for them if you play 3 players coop with them you can play without stress and be competitive with them, just keeping them close to you, letting them overtake you and then you can overtake them, just for the fun, on game modes like Cannon Ball. That's been my experience at least.

Any recommendation to be played with a girlfriend?

She liked it takes two, but some levels are way too tedious/long/boring.

what are her favourite genres? Maybe Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris..., to name one.

today I had lots of fun playing Horizon Chase Turbo in split screen multiplayer -3 players- with my nephews for several hours and find out when you get to Chile that the game is playing the wonderful mythical musical theme of Top Gear.

This game is one of the best of the bunch to play with your family. Fun cars, engaging, geat music....

Thanks a lot cyan I know they played Mario Cart on friends ds so hot shot or horizon chase will be in the list for after trine. We're in trine 3 now. They were amazed it was 3d, then appalled that they kept falling off things and now enjoying it again šŸ¤£

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition has couch coop, afaik, so does the Heroes of Might & Magic series -great games that most women could like-.

what are her favourite genres? Maybe Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris..., to name one.
thanks, i think she would like that. although if there's a more action-ey games it would be better.

she quickly got bored by "downtimes" and "puzzles"

thanks, i think she would like that. although if there's a more action-ey games it would be better.

she quickly got bored by "downtimes" and "puzzles"
try Streets of Rage 4, one of the best modern beat em' ups along with Fight n' Rage and Final Fight LNS.

MEGA, and I mean MEGA, update today of Streets of Rage 4 published today, with new co-op moves among a thousand other things:

we unlocked several cars while playing Horizon Chase Turbo yesterday, it was lots of fun -at 165 stable fps-. I'd swear that the games features a song from Streets of Rage 4.

Horizon Chase Turbo has been a success.

Hotshot Racing
in Cops and Thieves mode has also given a lot of fun, but the rest of the modes are a lot more complicated for them because there are time limits -a countdown- and that takes away some fun from the game, at least for them, who race relatively fast but not fast enough.

In the Cops and Robbers mode they had fun at least and we laughed a lot. I like how Hotshot Racing handles the split screen for 3 players. The game splits the screen in 4 parts, 3 for the players and one just shows the track's layout.

so I've been looking for top-down games a la Micro Machines and Super Off Road, and found a list of similar games to Super Wooden GP and the likes here.

and also this list with games similar to Micro Machines/Off Road.

Last edited:
in the end I added a lot of many new games to my wishlisted games, and I purchased these two.

This game has a top-down camera and looks like classic Micromachines or Off Road games, my nephews and brother are going to love the different vehicles and so on when playing this game, which has great local multiplayer with up to 8 players split screen. Ultimate Racing 2D.

Although it isn't top down, this game looks really good and superb fun, it also has local multiplayer with up to 4 players and I decided to purchase it, it's called Zeepkist and most of the reviews are Overwhelmingly Positive.

in the end I added a lot of many new games to my wishlisted games, and I purchased these two.

This game has a top-down camera and looks like classic Micromachines or Off Road games, my nephews and brother are going to love the different vehicles and so on when playing this game, which has great local multiplayer with up to 8 players split screen. Ultimate Racing 2D.

Although it isn't top down, this game looks really good and superb fun, it also has local multiplayer with up to 4 players and I decided to purchase it, it's called Zeepkist and most of the reviews are Overwhelmingly Positive.

If you have Amazon there was a pretty decent top down racer going free there a few weeks ago. Might still be available.

If you have Amazon there was a pretty decent top down racer going free there a few weeks ago. Might still be available.
I don't have Amazon, I was banned there once for using my brother's credit card to purchase something unexpensive he asked me to purchase, he gave me the credit card, pin, etc, but Amazon thought I was impersonating someone else xD and got banned. Never returned there, but tbh I never purchased anything on Amazon myself.

In the end, I asked for a refund after purchasing Zeepkist. :/ First time I ever do that. I loved the menus, the presentation made me laugh a lot, but when playing the game in split screen mode I noticed it is going to be a complicated game for my nephews, and even for adults, 'cos the vehicle runs without user input and it seems like you just have to keep it on track, and you end up falling off the track. Too bad, it it was more like a regular racer in that regard, the game looks incredibly fun, and it is very playable, nice sense of humour too.

lots of very interesting games, top-down racers with coop/split screen for many players (in some cases they support up to 8 local players)

Back