Any fan of Tower Defense games here? I mean games like Defense Grid or the wonderful unrepeatable Bloons TD6.

darn, that's some serious stuff. Totally pro. I am still in the 5th stage of the game where you get the bombard towers, and for now the game has its ups and downs, although it is well done.

The game is fun. I don't play a game 2 hours if I don't find it fun. But I don't get used to the interface. Did you manage to run the game at more than 720p? The UI looks too large on my 4K TV and I didn't find an option to increase the resolution anywhere.
Honestly I have no idea what res I ran that game at. I got it for free from Indigala years ago and played it non-stop for about a week, beat every level of both campaigns with 3 stars and moved on. But it showed up on sale on Steam for about $1 once so I bought it to support the devs. I got way more than a dollar of fun out of it. I hadn't launched it since I beat it except to take that screenshot.

I did play Bloons TD6 for a week and failed to see the appeal. My favorite TDs allow to shape the attackers path, maybe that is one big thing Bloons are missing.

I did play Bloons TD6 for a week and failed to see the appeal. My favorite TDs allow to shape the attackers path, maybe that is one big thing Bloons are missing.
interesting take. Now that you mention it, the only TD games I've played featuring that, and are some of my favourite TD games, are those from the Defense Grid series. It doesn't happen in every single stage, but where it happens the game becomes even more tactically immersive.

Do you know any other TD game that let you shape the attackers path?

Last edited:
interesting take. Now that you mention it, the only TD games I've played and are some of my favourite TD games are those from the Defense Grid series. It doesn't happen in every single stage, but where it happens the game becomes even more tactically immersive.

Pssst, that one Super Santum TD does. There's a lot of TD games that do.

Orcs Must Die, Sanctum and Dungeon Defenders all allow that, but those are the combat focused ones. So maybe not your cup of tea.

Rise to Ruins is a great TD game that mixes in City Builder mechanics which allow you to create any Tower path you desire. Keep in mind though it's as much a City Builder game as a TD game.

Prime World Defenders has elements of creating paths. It's an older game but I really enjoyed it.

There's a demo for FrankenStorm TD that is a roguelike create a path of towers TD. It's actually pretty good. The game is supposed to release sometime this year. I put in 30 hours just in the demo. :p

I've played so many TD games it's hard to remember all of the ones that allowed you to create paths for the enemies.

Regards,
SB

Pssst, that one Super Santum TD does. There's a lot of TD games that do.

Orcs Must Die, Sanctum and Dungeon Defenders all allow that, but those are the combat focused ones. So maybe not your cup of tea.

Rise to Ruins is a great TD game that mixes in City Builder mechanics which allow you to create any Tower path you desire. Keep in mind though it's as much a City Builder game as a TD game.

Prime World Defenders has elements of creating paths. It's an older game but I really enjoyed it.

There's a demo for FrankenStorm TD that is a roguelike create a path of towers TD. It's actually pretty good. The game is supposed to release sometime this year. I put in 30 hours just in the demo. :p

I've played so many TD games it's hard to remember all of the ones that allowed you to create paths for the enemies.

Regards,
SB
thanks for the suggestions once again. Is that probably a record for a demo? The demos I played the most are Age of Empires 1 demo and Winzip.

Sanctum 2 is not clicking with me, but Orcs Must Die has potential..., plus it has local coop, so does Dungeon Defenders, although I didn't get it for now.

FrankenStorm TD sounds very appealing, so I wishlisted it.

The TD game I want to play the most now is Defender's Quest, and I am going to purchase it when I've completed some of these TD games I have now or once I have tested a bit more the ones I still haven't learnt yet.

thanks for the suggestions once again. Is that probably a record for a demo? The demos I played the most are Age of Empires 1 demo and Winzip.

Sanctum 2 is not clicking with me, but Orcs Must Die has potential..., plus it has local coop, so does Dungeon Defenders, although I didn't get it for now.

FrankenStorm TD sounds very appealing, so I wishlisted it.

The TD game I want to play the most now is Defender's Quest, and I am going to purchase it when I've completed some of these TD games I have now or once I have tested a bit more the ones I still haven't learnt yet.

Here's the free demo if you wanted to try out FrankenStorm TD.

Regards,
SB

Strangely, I cannot recall any names. Maybe there were too many. Been playing TDs since some Starcraft mod. Like anything Starcraft, it was great for local lan as well.

finally got Defender's Quest on Steam. What a lovely game! Got me hooked after a couple of stages. In fact I wishlisted the second part, which is going to come out this year. It's an original take on Tower Defense games, a very special game

finally got Defender's Quest on Steam. What a lovely game! Got me hooked after a couple of stages. In fact I wishlisted the second part, which is going to come out this year. It's an original take on Tower Defense games, a very special game

Glad you like it. :) It's even fun in NG+ mode. I've played through it multiple times now.

I helped crowd fund the second part way back in 2014. :p He's been slow making the second one, but to be fair, after Adobe's flash (the original game originally used Adobe's Flash based game engine) bit the dust he had to create a new engine for the game. Then he made that engine available to other former Flash game developers. Then he had to help support that engine with indie developers. Then he ported the first game to his new engine. Then he redid the art for the 2nd game. It's been a journey. :p

Regards,
SB

Warstone TD is on sale now, 2,99$ -it usually costs 15$-. It has nice art, very positive reviews and the units are relatively similar to Defender's Quest.

Warstone TD is on sale now, 2,99$ -it usually costs 15$-. It has nice art, very positive reviews and the units are relatively similar to Defender's Quest.

This has been on my wishlist for a while. It's like a simplified version of DQ (simpler maps, simpler units, simpler unit upgrades, etc.) with a less interesting and less funny story. It's still a decent TD though and worth it at the discounted price.

Regards,
SB

Back