Official White Knight Story (level 5 RPG) thread

Not really close to either imo, not by a mile.

Did you watch the 720p video? The environment graphics are stunning, huge scale, and the best part about all of it were the animations, there wasnt a hint of any sketchy transitions. Id say its definately close those those, blue dragon as well.

Did you watch the 720p video? The environment graphics are stunning, huge scale, and the best part about all of it were the animations, there wasnt a hint of any sketchy transitions. Id say its definately close those those, blue dragon as well.

Ya I watched it, I'd hardly call the environments 'stunning' and the animations seem pretty standard fare. It's good, but not great, looks like a really nice PC game kinda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I watched it, I'd hardly call the environments 'stunning' and the animations seem pretty standard fare. It's good, but not great, looks like a really nice PC game kinda.

On what planet is that battle animation considered standard fair? ;) Seriously, that was some next level (pardon the pun) shit.

This looks beautiful..Great work by level 5.
I think the backround looks EXCELLENT..the color choice makes it look like an uber Fable or something.

My only 'gripes' are:

-The characters look, and the way they act (and range of expression/emotion) seem a little generic..and reminds me a little of the Shenmue series (up close, that main character looks very shenmue-ish actually)

The animation is GOOD, but I have to say after reading people go ga-ga over the animation I was expecting more (something like Heavenly Swords animations).

2008 is going to be madness for RPGS!!

The scenery is breath-taking. The trees, etc a very detailled and I really liked the atmospheric lighting. This looks absolutely marvellous

Wow, the combat system is amazing. I think it might be the first jRPG with actually fun encounters since Grandia 2. And graphics are very very good, there's no doubt about that :)

Back