Best graphics for each console

SNES: Yoshi's Island

While the thing made use of the Super FX chip, it really pushed SNES own graphics hardware in some very creative effects. Most crazy effects seen in these bosses for exemple, are actually just clever usage of Hblank interrupts to modify the scrolling position of a BG layer (the bosses) in a maner similar to pseudo-3d racers.

Mega Drive: Red Zone

This game features: Rotating Background Graphics, Rotating Background Texture, 2D Vector Sprite Objects, 3D Vector Polygon Graphics, Realtime Zoom, Full Motion Video Compression. All running without the use of additional hardware. It's not me saying this, that is written on-screen once you load the game. That's what happens when a team of demo-sceners make a console game. Also, it plays like shit.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin

Full of BG tricks, in a similar vein to Yoshi's story.

SNES: Yoshi's Island

While the thing made use of the Super FX chip, it really pushed SNES own graphics hardware in some very creative effects. Most crazy effects seen in these bosses for exemple, are actually just clever usage of Hblank interrupts to modify the scrolling position of a BG layer (the bosses) in a maner similar to pseudo-3d racers.

Mega Drive: Red Zone

This game features: Rotating Background Graphics, Rotating Background Texture, 2D Vector Sprite Objects, 3D Vector Polygon Graphics, Realtime Zoom, Full Motion Video Compression. All running without the use of additional hardware. It's not me saying this, that is written on-screen once you load the game. That's what happens when a team of demo-sceners make a console game. Also, it plays like shit.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin

Full of BG tricks, in a similar vein to Yoshi's story.
Mighty impressive!!

Xbox - Halo Combat Evolved
2_11.jpg

Gamecube - Star wars rogue squadron 2
latest

PS2 - Shadow of the colossus
movingpixesl-shadowcolossus-620.jpg

Colecovision (sorry):

Zaxxon

Star Wars

There are a few more Colecovision games I need to look at before posting...

Between these awesome youtube annotations and the music, I'm having a hard time paying attention to how good the graphics are.
I like it very much too. Has nothing to do with actual batman and robim though. If the elaborate exploitation of the hardware to atain graphics that you would not expect to be possible on the mega drive for little to no effect on actual gameplay is not enough to tip you off that this was made by demo-sceners, the music definetly blows their cover.

Back