Gaming rant / spewing in general...

Roger Cobb

Regular
I don't know why, but I have no motivation to purchase myself a PlayStation 5 any day soon, after learning Sony shat on Days Gone lovers.

To me, people see gaming today as being all about pretty graphics and not about the gameplay itself, in a lot of cases. But I also don't like it when people say games are like movies, because a lot of games have always felt like that, even with the lower resolution graphics of those older systems. The story matters to me a lot. Otherwise, I don't feel like I need to invest my time playing through a new game, unless it's a fighting game or something, where we can just muck about and not care about the plot.

Now being a Resident Evil fan of 20 something years, I feel like Capcom has disgraced that series. These games have only been getting worse with each new game coming out, with a huge majority of them being mainly action driven, and not even being that scary at all. Then they started doing these bland remakes where everything looks dark, as if an emo had been directing them, and they basically cut out a lot of the original story aspects and the creatures as well. Like, in that RE2 remake, they didn't even add in the original, acid spitting plants. You know? In the lab, you had these green weeds that you had to run past and in the remake, their RE Engine was so hyped up to be amazing, yet they gave us plant zombies instead, and bullet sponge zombies, and it was nothing like the original game. And every game is so intentionally stupid anyway, that fanboys have to design these silly memes about the tall vampire lady, Mr. X "gonna give it 2 ya" or something just as sad, which in turn lets Capcom know it's okay to incorporate such nonsense into future titles.

Shills for Capcom don't care. I bet they never even played the old games. It's so telling, when the goats say the camera angles suck, or because you move like a tank, when in reality, all RE games have a similar style regardless. Even action games probably have the same tank controls that they often complain about. So why whine? They're RE4 junkies, as far as I can tell. Yet RE4 is not even a true survival horror game.

Like I cannot be bothered with that overweight vendor "Duke" as well. I've honestly lost count of the times I've explained how stupid that sort of addition to a horror game is, when you are aware that a man who is infected, can set up stalls to flog you his equipment. It's not horror-like to me if you can trade with someone in a game, so that the game is more comfortable instead of offering up a true sense of inner tension. Because honestly: I've played other games where you basically find supplies, such as a randomly placed piece of wood, and sticky tape, and blades. You find that stuff by yourself, just exploring the environment you're in, as zombies are lurking nearby. You merge it together. Now with merchants and what else? Shopping formats? You don't need to worry about ammo, or meds. You can relax. It's not terrifying whatsoever.

Like, seriously. If you play RE0, or any of the early games before 2005, these recent games don't even feel like they are even meant to be a part of the same franchise. All they're really doing is using popular characters and churning out crap. Like, with how many times they go back to Raccoon City, despite it being gone since the original RE3, you just know they're desperate for ideas.

The wrestling games ended up trash as well. I cannot really comment on WWE 2K22, as I've yet to try that. But after THQ stopped doing them about a decade ago, they just went downhill fast. Fans were always on the official 2K forums, stating they wanted a refund.

I just think Capcom are money grabbers. Konami should sell their IPs to some other company, or they're gonna end up the same. They're not doing anything with their franchises any longer. You can tell they've hit rock bottom, because now they just sell off merchandise based on their good old days. Banking off of our desire for new games from this dog shit ass company, is kind of low.

And they are always doing remakes, or games with weird numbers like ten-two. Really? There's no such number as ten-two. I'm having my tea at ten to six.

At my age, I don't know what to do with my life. But coming online to rabbit about gaming is pointless. If you haven't noticed, about 95% of other web based forums today are dead, as Facebook and all that crap came along years ago, so a lot of people that once enjoyed forums just stopped visiting message boards. But the really active sites like GameFAQs are too toxic to bother with.

I think my mother may have a lung disease, so I'm worried about her health. You know? My mum has always been there to support me. Lately, she let me know she struggles to catch her breath. There's a lot of nasty people out there that hurt me and wrecked my life, but she helped me through it all. And my late gran knew I was a big RE fan. But at my age, giving all the grief I've had, I feel like I ought to quit RE, and it's boring being online all day, when instead of wasting time engaging with trolls, you could have a partner, money, friends, and be gaining some accolades. After all, I wanted to act in films before. But even that got ruined.

At the end of the day, gaming isn't what it was.

Last edited:
While long production periods do delay a game's release window, I'd rather play a game with a lot of quality, as opposed to these new RE games that come out every year, or maybe not quite every year, but around maybe every 4 years. You can tell they're designing them now for speed runners, and I don't think the games are good in general. The gameplay is ass, and the story is just dumb. :(

That's why I love Naughty Dog so much. They pride themelves on a game that feels like it's a winner. Now Capcom has talented developmental teams, for sure. But it's just that I find a lot of their ideas aren't always the best.

RE8 has to have one of the most ridiculous storylines of any game. You have Chris concealing information from Ethan, when he could have just said that "Mia" was really Miranda. And all of the antagonists are too comic book like, for me to think they're supposed to be scary.

It makes no sense. But I'm overdoing it with the obsessing, so I'll shut up now. :D

Back