Best graphics for each console

Liandry

Regular
Good day! Maybe there is simiar hread on this forum, but as I can't find one I think I can start one. Idea is take three absolutely best games for any console and place it here with some screens and your explanation why do you think these three is best. Of course it's better to shou games what you played. So it's not just theory, but actualy everyone's personal experience. So please everyone join in and share your views. You also can include games what not in that top three, but you think it's worth to tell about it. But main idea is to show exacty three best of the best.
I personaly will start with Xbox 360 and later will continue with other platforms I've played.

Third place is Crysis 3. Game was absolutely great in terms of visuals especially for Xbox 360. Then Crysis 2 was released on this consoe it was already unbelivable what it's even possibe on Xbox 360. Here they improved graphics in almost all ways. Great polygon count, lots of details on screen, good texture resolution, verygood post-processing effects, lost of particles, amazing reflections on water, and I think that game have best grass in any game on Xbox 360.
And here is two screens from Xbox 360 version. Screens from Eurogamer.
1280x-1

1280x-1

Second place is Metro Last Light. After Crysis 3 I was thinking there will not be any game on Xbox 360 what will be even a little bit better in terms of graphics. But there was, and that was Metro Last Light. When I played Metro 2033 in 2010, that was great experience, because that was best graphics in first person shooters on consoles for that time and game was unusual in terms of story and gameplay. It's art-design was wha I can call first of it's kind on consoles, at least for me. And then there was Metro Last Light release. This game was even better, both in gameplay and graphics. Absolutely amazing polygon count, unbelivable evel of detail, textures with very high resolution, for Xbox 360, geat light effects, post-process effects, particles count, outstanding art-design and even I can tell what in many places game shows some kind of photorealism.
Of course some screens from Xbox 360 version.
1280x-1

1280x-1

First place. Alien Isolation. Yes I know someone can tell that game is corridor style, but it's graphics in my opinion is absoutely best for Xbox 360. Game has one of the highest if not highest polygon count in any Xbox 360 game, probably due to it's corridor style leves. Then you walk around almost all done by geometry and not bump mapping or paralax mapping, everythere is a lot of objects, great leve of detail for weapons and gadgets, amazing resolution of textures, great light effects and post-process effects, especially movie fiter which sometimes gives you feeling what you watch movei and not playing the game. Also game have best bokeh depth of field effect in any Xbox 360 game. Al this combined gives this game first place on Xbox 360.
It's hard to find screens for Xbox 360 version, but some is here.
jpg

So, it's all for now. Thanks!

I think Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the best looking games on the original Xbox, i can't find footage on youtube from the more impressive levels but you can still check out the incredible animation (especially for its time!) in this one:

I think Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the best looking games on the original Xbox, i can't find footage on youtube from the more impressive levels but you can still check out the incredible animation (especially for its time!) in this one:

On a similar vein, I'm thinking soul calibur 2 for OG Xbox.

Lol but damn. That actually makes me want to play the game. I have it on my modded OG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know which one I would pick for PS1
MGS1, Soul Reaver, Omega Boost, Vagrant Story or Gran Turismo 2?

Good old PS3 graphics. Bit hard to come up with top 3 since there are at least 6 contenders but here goes.
God of War 3, still looks mind blowing in some epic set pieces even today, easily one of the best looking on the console
ALKxIA.jpg

Evu1hK.jpg

aZTPxc.jpeg

Beyond Two Souls
First last gen title to use PBR? Incredible models, lighting and shaders.
IrIUlc.jpg

dtaQtW.jpg

U5HcEM.jpg

Uncharted 3
It's a check list of techs with very good asset quality and complex set pieces on top of fluent character performance.
DpblzS.jpg

OKkJ2r.jpg

cKwbT4.jpg

suwjnt.jpg

Master System - Golden Axe
Impressive!

SNES - Donkey Kong Country (I will always have a soft spot for the first), here the Endor level.
WOW! That is great! Truly!

no wai.

DOA2U.
True!

God of War 3, still looks mind blowing in some epic set pieces even today, easily one of the best looking on the console
Agree! That graphics look amazing even today!

First last gen title to use PBR?
Was it? :oops: But yes, that game is great and realy shows PS3 real power!

It's a check list of techs with very good asset quality and complex set pieces on top of fluent character performance.
Also agree! Absolutely best graphics on PS3! I can say even more! Some places it Uncharted 3 is so great looking, whgat it's realy hard to believe what it is PS3! :D

I would also add The Last of Us on the PS3 list, the game looks incredible to this date (even though it pushed Ps3 beyond its limits and had more framerate problems than previous ND games)

On the X360 side i'd like to add PGR4, probably the best looking racing game on the console :yes:

Going by memory is very hard, considering all the drugs I've done in the meantime.

Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 was very impressive at times.

On PS3, Final Fantasy 13 was pretty as hell - But Uncharted 2 and 3 were probably better.

PS2

Killzone was fantastic I think. No wonder why Sony was interested in Guerilla. Especially the weapon reloading animation was the best of the entire generation.
fmngci.jpg

Black also was really nice looking for a PS2 game.
ps2_588-1.jpg

Anubis : Zone Of The Enders is probably one of my favorite game of all time. I finished over 20 times.
the graphics, design, art direction is just amazing. And all those particles were just wow.
2vbpy5z.jpg

And Matrix : Path of Neo which had Normal maps if I remember. though framerate was terrible graphics for PS2 was insane

PS3

Killzone 2 ; Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Uncharted and tons of other games I could think of.

Xbox : Oddworld's Munch Odyssey , Splinter Cell, Halo Combat evolved
Xbox 360 : Lost Odyssey , the intro transition to gameplay was amazing. Project Gotham , halo 3.
Xbox One : Ryse.
Ps4 : The Order 1886, Uncharted 4 , Until Dawn.

R-Type Third Lightning on SNES was both a great-looking game and technically impressive, especially if you compare to the original R-Type that was released as a launch title for the console. Its slowdown and flickering was legendary, a true crappy launch title if ever there was one! :)

Perfect Dark on N64 was probably the best lookingest game IMO. Awful framerate, but pretty wicked graphics for its time.

Lost Odyssey for xbox 360.

sure its visual quality is very very inconsistent, but it really looks awesome in some places (the intro, the ice area, the last boss, the big dragon/dinosaur boss battle and its dungeon).

the intro move from CG to in-game with no jarring cut!

tribute to the wonderful atari lynx, i still have mine

STUN RUNER

BLUE LIGHTHNING

DRACULA

SHADOW OF THE BEAST

APB

Electroc cop, gates of zendocon, california games, etc...

NES has two shooters that always looked impressive:

Gradius (horizontal shooter)

Xanac (vertical shooter)

I was also always impressed with Contra:

Sega Genesis

Castle of Illusion

While I've never seen it in person, I am probably most impressed with Duke NukeM 3D:

Back