NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

94473823.png

74713620.jpg

Considering how little ahead it is in marketing slide, 6990 should be just fine maintaining the fastest card title on average.

If they have to drag out those games to score a draw, it's even worse for them than I had hoped.

Considering how little ahead it is in marketing slide, 6990 should be just fine maintaining the fastest card title on average.

Most of those are extremely favourable nVidia titles of the past couple of years as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite ironic if dual fermi ends up being smaller, quieter and the more elegant solution than AMD's dual card. Performance seems to be quite good also.

I'm guessing they must have run into a last minute SNAFU or something and thus delayed the launch by another 2 days?

Either that or are they switching to "launch" day for a card being actually a "teaser" day that announces which day they'll actually reveal what they are planning to launch? WTF? :D

Regards,
SB

You've heard they've been working on this card for two years.

Maybe they needed those last two days to make the lead in Vantage extra humongous?

Or maybe, it is simple as allowing reviewers to have more time with the product sku!

Who needs more than a week and then some extra days for benchmarks? (except the guys here that don't run canned benches)

Who needs more than a week and then some extra days for benchmarks?

Benchmarking SLI performance might require a PSU upgrade.
I think some sites use the same rig for benchmarking and some of them use a PSU with around 1000 watts of power.

With 85-90% efficiency that might be cutting it close.

Benchmarking SLI performance might require a PSU upgrade.
I think some sites use the same rig for benchmarking and some of them use a PSU with around 1000 watts of power.

With 85-90% efficiency that might be cutting it close.

Lol.. what are this? excuses? really guys, WW launch of world's fastest graphics card gets delayed so a handful of sites can go out and buy a new PSU? (cough 6990 cough)

Don't make me laugh any more, I'm holding a baby right now.

Lol.. what are this? excuses? really guys, WW launch of world's fastest graphics card gets delayed so a handful of sites can go out and buy a new PSU? (cough 6990 cough)

Don't make me laugh any more, I'm holding a baby right now.

:) I'm surprised you take my speculation as making excuses.

I checked and several sites do use 1000 watt PSU's (though some have more powerful PSU's). Review sites having to upgrade those so as to compare SLI'd 590's vs. Crossfired HD 6990's would be somewhat embarrassing for nVidia.

I'm also surprised no one considered this possibility before. Maybe most people skip past the "Test setup" page of reviews.

But it's right there if one looks around. Review after review using the same rig.

Eventually this will get commented on assuming these sites get provided two cards and the GTX 590 uses roughly the amount of power one might suspect.

Maybe I'm off base, maybe the 590's will surprise me by being a revelation in regards efficiency. And/or maybe the PSU's of review sites are more robust than I am crediting them.

I just don't think a good review should use a PSU that is being stressed very close to its max. Lol, unless you are reviewing the PSU.

Edit: Ok, I think I was offbase. While I've seen several sites that use 1000 watt PSU's for their benchmarking rig I just now googled HD 6990 Crossfire reviews and so far all I am seeing is reviewers that use 1200 watt PSU's. Sorry about this as I should have checked this immediately. :blush:

Edit: Ok, I think I was offbase. While I've seen several sites that use 1000 watt PSU's for their benchmarking rig I just now googled HD 6990 Crossfire reviews and so far all I am seeing is reviewers that use 1200 watt PSU's. Sorry about this as I should have checked this immediately. :blush:
I think you rather should have asked yourself first, how many reviewers will recieve two cards to do SLI testing. ;) Hmmm... Guru3d probably, who else?

What what? It's the fastest card they have ever build, been working on it for two years already... Kepler? :D

What what? It's the fastest card they have ever build, been working on it for two years already... Kepler? :D

this
i haven't followed them recently, but isn't the dual gpu fermi still to be presented officially?
they are pushing the pr for two different and overlapping products?

Maybe they will push some ultra mega giga over tesselated demo on the dual gf110 as usual. ;)

What could take them 2 years on that card ? Did they count in the waiting for fermi refresh :LOL:.

Edit: Actualy he said "our next generation highest performance graphics card". So who knows.

Back