NVidia Ada Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital Foundry also shows the 4090 DLSS3 250% faster than 3090Ti DLSS Performance.

So where is the massive difference is coming from? The 4090 should be at least twice as fast as the 3090Ti in this game raw performance to raw performance.
You are misinterpreting the data. The 4090 is 150% faster with DLSS reconstruction compared to native rendering and 275% faster with reconstruction and frame generation. 4090 with DLSS 3 is 130% faster than a 3090ti with DLSS 2.

If we're looking at the cuda core counts + mhz increases, I think the the relatively 'small' improvements we're seeing in rasterized game performance (that aren't CPU limited) on the benchmarks so far is that this entire line (but especially the 4090) is significantly bottlenecked by memory bandwidth. I mean we are barely seeing an increase from the 3090 on this front.

If we're looking at the cuda core counts + mhz increases, I think the the relatively 'small' improvements we're seeing in rasterized game performance (that aren't CPU limited) on the benchmarks so far is that this entire line (but especially the 4090) is significantly bottlenecked by memory bandwidth. I mean we are barely seeing an increase from the 3090 on this front.
Could be lots of things. Other than shader reordering we don't know if there were any changes at all to the architecture.

You are misinterpreting the data. The 4090 is 150% faster with DLSS reconstruction compared to native rendering and 275% faster with reconstruction and frame generation. 4090 with DLSS 3 is 130% faster than a 3090ti with DLSS 2.
Please revise the numbers from the video again, I think you have misread them or something.

That's 140%. You are taking the upper range whereas I'm picking a value in-between the upper and lower bounds. Using the 50~% improvement frame generation seems to generate in the scene prior to this, that lands us at a little over 50% actual performance increase prior to frame generation.

About the SER out of order thing, this process is done by the hw+driver right now in current gpu , yes ? Trying to fully use the gpu ressources I mean. It seems like a huge thing, but, I can't imagine that it wasn't done at least partially before ?

DLSS3 is going to exists for all RTX GPU's. The only ADA exclusive feature is the image reconstruction. Also if you like Image Quality, why you'd ever use any DLSS below Quality is beyond me and that's already a compromise over native. Read the sticky
Overall, the whole lineup is overpriced esp the 4080 variants. In an economic downturn, exchange rate issues in EU, sitting on low demand, high inventory and lot of used products flooding the market, the AIB's are in a for a wild ride trying to sell these outside of the early adopters. All the while competing directly with nvidia.

DLSS3 is going to exists for all RTX GPU's. The only ADA exclusive feature is the image reconstruction. Also if you like Image Quality, why you'd ever use any DLSS below Quality is beyond me and that's already a compromise over native. Read the sticky
Overall, the whole lineup is overpriced esp the 4080 variants. In an economic downturn, exchange rate issues in EU, sitting on low demand, high inventory and lot of used products flooding the market, the AIB's are in a for a wild ride trying to sell these outside of the early adopters. All the while competing directly with nvidia.
Yeah, feels like EVGA dodged a bullet there, took the profits from the mining craze and rode off to the sunset.

It does read like Ada is Turing 2.0, cool overpriced tech but pending adoption. Bit of a hard sell in the current market. If anything Nvidia are handing this out to AMD, there’s a big opportunity to be disruptive. Probably they are gonna match prices though :p
nVidia has to advance. Without Turing there would be no DLSS and no Raytracing in games.
Interesting...

Is this native vs. DLSS 3? I think you can only compare DLSS 2 Performance with DLSS 3 Performance. DLSS 2 introduces certain artefacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back