NVidia Ada Speculation, Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's using it in a way where it manages to run "fine" on AMD h/w which means that it is likely shading bound even on Ampere which in turn means that whatever advantages Ada has in RT won't show up there.
It's still using RT even if you don't think it's using it enough, while you claimed there weren't any RT games in those non-DLSS3 benhcmarks.

How can we assume that a 192 bit GPU will be more bandwidth starved than a 384 bit one? I mean there are no precedent of such issues in 4K on GPUs with a large LLC, right? (sigh)
We don't know if either one is bandwidth starved in those benchmarks. Having less bandwidth doesn't mean anything if you're being held back by something else.
Really. Because all your posts here are colored by your personal bias to a point where an obvious lie is preferable to you - like the one where 4080/12 is somehow slower than a 3090 in all games shown thus far.
And you're calling me a liar? I've never claimed anything like that.
I've only disputed your claim of 4080/12 being considerably faster than 3090, based on 4080/12 being slower than 3090 Ti in NVIDIAs own picked benchmarks without DLSS3, and the small performance difference between 3090 and 3090 Ti.

Bigger cards decrease faster. In other words: Little demand.

Do you have any evidence for that, this with the so called demand problem NV is facing? PS5 is doing worse than PS4, its due to demand probably due to high prices around that console.

desparate NV

Again, any evidence regarding that claim that NV is desperate? Your stating things as facts which is not the way to go on this forum i think. I usually say probably or i think when stating opinions, these arent facts, its your vision and what you want to see obviously. I dont see you going on a rampage in your favourite platform's topics, who also have clear issues with pricings and markets, not just hardware wise.

lacking any inspiration, sigh.

Remix is being highly praised not just by DF but anywhere else basically. Its an awesome feature imo, better than paying 70 for useless remasters for five your old games. But no that you arent complaining about. Its pure platform warring and nothing to do with the discussion, its reported.

Now they are tired of selling at lower price

Their not, you clearly missed 6600XT and below.

I know, i know. It's just that under such circumstances, technical discussion is not really possible. Because even math becomes wrong if it disagrees with convictions so deeply founded. ; )

Its you that are hung up on non-technical discussions it seems. Why is it not possible to just leave that with prices in a seperate topic? Theres one post here sharing something technical the rest is complaining about market positioning.

So they pay to stay aboard, and ignore the little iceberg in front.

Describes Sony playstation users perfectly well.

More gas lighting and evasion. I read your posts and actually liked at least one of them, where you finally cut the bullshit about nothing changing and mentioned that NVIDIA can do these prices because AMD is not competing on RT and ML.
You not willing to read the discussion thread is your problem, not me "gaslighting" or evading anything. I've already shown JoeJ examples of cards over these 10 years which fit perfectly in the exact same pricing range we have with Lovelace right now. He preferred to ignore that and continued with his BS on how "Aventador-2" must cost the same as "Aventador-1" because somehow they are both called "Aventadors" by people who have about zero input into the pricing structure to begin with. Hence why I see no reason to explain the same thing for the second time to him, and you have simply interjected into this discussion at its end saying how I'm "gaslighting" and "evading". In truth it's you who are present here at the moment in bad faith with pointless accusations instead of actually contributing anything of value.

It's still using RT even if you don't think it's using it enough, while you claimed there weren't any RT games in those non-DLSS3 benhcmarks.
I've already answered that. "Using RT" means that it's actually hitting RT h/w, not "using" it in a way which isn't loading said h/w.

We don't know if either one is bandwidth starved in those benchmarks. Having less bandwidth doesn't mean anything if you're being held back by something else.
In 4K? I mean, sure, we don't "know". We also don't know anything besides these three games too but this doesn't stop you from claiming that 4080/12 won't be faster than 3090 on average.

And you're calling me a liar? I've never claimed anything like that.
You did:
How exactly does RTX 4080 12 GB losing in every single non-DLSS3 game to RTX 3090 Ti suggest it would be considerably faster than RTX 3090
I've only disputed your claim of 4080/12 being considerably faster than 3090, based on 4080/12 being slower than 3090 Ti in NVIDIAs own picked benchmarks without DLSS3, and the small performance difference between 3090 and 3090 Ti.
To which I've already replied, and if you can't see how a card which is about on par in three titles while being "considerably faster" in other titles shown would end up being "considerably faster" on average then you're part of the group who seem to have consciously tricked themselves into underestimating Lovelace's relative performance.

Thankfully we're a day away from the end of all this BS.

Take another look at the graphs.

I can but will you be able to understand I wonder? See, these products have the same price (MSRP).

Let me help you...
WHICH products have the same MSRP, and what is that MSRP?

Read my post.

No, you did not. Because if you would you wouldn't be asking such stupid questions.
This is not how to hold a debate. If someone asks for clarification, it should be provided along with a polite explanation what the person should be looking for. If you find yourself in a fruitless chain of one-liners going nowhere, drop the discussion. If you want to discuss properly, reboot it with a post: "Here's my point. Here's what I think you are saying. This is the data I think you are using. This is what I'm getting from the data." Or walk away.

For all the "just see my post" talk, I've spent 25 minutes working over the past few pages and can't really work out what the talk is. Which shows there's a problem - it should be relatively straight-forward for someone to pick up the debate if it's been clearly explained. But there's a complete lack of qualifying the argument. Seems something knicker-twisting about use of card naming conventions and pricing. If there's no science for card naming (there isn't) then it's understandable if people have different ideas what card name and pricing and relative positioning should be, so people need to be got onto the same train of discussion if there's any useful discussion to be had.

Try again, with enough carefully crafted words to spawn an actual discussion. What is your point? Evidence? Analysis? How do you dispute the counterpoint? Certainly not with claims of 'bias' and 'prejudice'. If you feel your audience is that blinkered, why bother trying to talk to them?

This thread could do with a clean-up but I haven't time. I'll reopen it for sensible discussion. Any shit-talking after this post, carrying on the dumb 'conversation' with replies to useless posts, will be dealt with severely. I recommend you take a deep breath, decide if what you want to argue is worth it or not, and get back to something productive or interesting.

This thread could do with a clean-up but I haven't time. I'll reopen it for sensible discussion. Any shit-talking after this post, carrying on the dumb 'conversation' with replies to useless posts, will be dealt with severely. I recommend you take a deep breath, decide if what you want to argue is worth it or not, and get back to something productive or interesting.
Don't we need a new thread now anyway? Today is review day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back