Ninja Gaiden Black Coming to the PS3?

Was that just added recently? If not, I dont think I would pay too much attention to it, unless something happens at tgs we dont know about.

Perhaps this is their big OPM secret? Ninja Gaiden Black: PS3 Edition (five words?). LOL I'd rather wait for a true sequel.

According to a 1up guy on neoGAF (skip), it's part of a speculative list of 1up's for TGS, and wasn't meant to be published.

IGN: Looking into the future, does Team Ninja have plans to develop PlayStation 3 games? And will there be any announcements of said games at TGS?
Tomonobu Itagaki: Yeah, we have seen the PlayStation 3 hardware and we’re studying it. We’re messing around with it right now. I think it’s a good machine. But I think the most important thing is for people to have good games that they want to play on good hardware, so if there is a demand for it, we may follow that path some time in the future. Obviously, we are big supporters of the Xbox platform. There are a lot of fans of the Xbox that support us and are with us because of that, so I just want everyone to know that we are going to continue bringing out the newest releases on the Xbox platform before they’re on other systems.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/20...for-xbox-360-by-team-ninjas-lead-designer.htm

I guess they reneged on their previous desire to always (and only?) "make games for the most powerful system." ;) That train of thought didn't even come up.

Considering from this he's just saying they're "messing around with it" right now, I'm not sure he's in a helluva position to judge. ;)

At any rate, I said it because in this comment he says they're going to continue releasing on the Xbox first because they have lots of fans and supporters there, and even considering making PS3 titles means they're not about "technological exclusivity" regardless. I do seem to remember that among their commentary when they kept hot-swapping systems from Dreamcast to PS2 to Xbox.

Portable systems excluded, of course. (Not that we've heard anything further on that point for a couple years.)

It seems NG2 would be a no brainer for MS at TGS 06, anyone else thik we have a chance of seeing it?

I think they have plenty to 'unveil' at TGS with BD and LO and Itagaki is going to be pimping DOAX2 big time so I think theyre likely to save that bullet for another show. It wouldnt be released for another 1.5 years anyway, so i kinda think its too soon anyway.

I think they have plenty to 'unveil' at TGS with BD and LO and Itagaki is going to be pimping DOAX2 big time so I think theyre likely to save that bullet for another show. It wouldnt be released for another 1.5 years anyway, so i kinda think its too soon anyway.
An interesting choice of words...

Last edited by a moderator:
Online I can see, but the controller? For the original Xbox? Wasn't it still larger than most Japanese PEOPLE back then? ;)
He probably liked it better for fighting and action games and the xbox launched in Japan with the s-controller which was later brought to other countries.

He probably liked it better for fighting and action games and the xbox launched in Japan with the s-controller which was later brought to other countries.
Yeah, but he certainly STARTED making the game before the S-controller was on the scene. ;)

I rather abhore playing fighting games with my thumb. :p

its a known fact Itagaki hates Sony... that may also cloud his vision for development :???:

Back