Ninja Gaiden Black Coming to the PS3?

its a known fact Itagaki hates Sony... that may also cloud his vision for development :???:
well, that is quite a bold statement.
I think that it would be more accurate to say that he disliked the PS2, and took pride in developing for a more powerful console with a robust online service.
Itagaki has warmed up considerably to the PS3 recently, leaving more room for potential multiplats in the near future, as opposed to full-fledged 360 exclusives that STAY exclusive.

lol, i thought this was just an accidental occurance of a title being put up, but it seems it might hold more weight than I initially thought..

in a japanese mag it lists some titles for 360 + PS3 for TGS I believe..
taken from gaf...
http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/diary/200609200000/
PS3 | Mahjong Fight Club
PS3 | Mobile Suit Gundam Target in Sight
PS3 | RR7
PS3 | Genji 2
PS3 | SEGA GOLFCLUB
PS3 | Mahjong Taikai
PS3 | GT HD
PS3 | Amored Core 4
PS3 | Fatel Ixxxxx (KOEI)
PS3 | Ninja Gaiden Sigma

edit:
full list..

Full list so far:

DOAX2 - Nov
HDDVD player - Nov 22
Core System & Blue Dragon Premium Pack - Dec 7 - 29800 yen
Blue Dragon - Dec 7
Zegapain NOT - Dec 7
PSUniverse - Dec
EDF3 - Dec
Oneechanbara vorteX - Dec
Fuzion Frenzy 2 - Dec
Vampire's Rain - Jan

PS3
Mahjong Fight Club - Nov 11 - 5229 yen
Gundam Target in Sight - Nov 11
RR7 - Nov 11
Genji - Nov 11
Sega Golf Club - Nov 11
Mahjong Taikai - Nov
Armored Core 4 - Dec
Gran Turismo HD - Dec
Fatal Inertia - 2006
Wangan Midnight - Spring 07
Vampire's Rain - TBA
Resistance - TBA
White Knight Story - TBA
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - TBA

PS2
Higurashi no naku koro - Dec 21
Nobunaga Online new expansion - Dec

PSP
Lutz Portable - Dec
Kanon - Dec
Snow - Dec
Air - TBA
Wangan Midnight Portable - Spring 07

DS
Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book - Dec 14
Front Mission the First
Zettai Onkan Training DS
Tokidoki Majou Saiban
Electronic Maid Notebook
Kimi no Yuusha

edit: i should note this seems like a variation of ninja gaiden black, playable as rachel
also worth noting is a RPG from Level 5 (makers of dragon quest) has a new title 'white knight story'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I guess they were right. And though Ninja Gaiden is the bigger news, I'm more excited about that Level 5 RPG :p

But back to NG, here's more details courtesy of duckroll at GAF:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

- No release date yet
- This is considered the "complete edition" of Ninja Gaiden
- Racheal is playable
- New stages, battle engine will be improved and upgraded
- Graphics and direction is going for a major overhaul
- New weapons, dual katana wielding

Sounds good, interested in seeing those 'overhauled' graphics. I guess this bodes well for a Ninja Gaiden 2 to hit ps3 thats supposed to hit the 360.

When they say Racheal is playable, I wonder if they mean as a extra or unlockable, or will the main game revolve around her. If the latter, I hope Ryu is playable.

Guess we will get some media around TGS (i hope).

I'm more excited about that Level 5 RPG :p

And rightfully so, it sounds pretty interesting.

Some details about White Knight Story

- Tons and tons of HUGE monsters on an unsurpassed scale
- The field and combat engine is like a normal RPG
- Battles with huge monsters have a very great sense of scale

Someone on 2ch mentioned that it was going for the feel of SotC, except as a RPG.

Maybe it would be a sort of evaluation and see how well a Ninja Gaiden game would do on a Sony platform. I always thought the DOA series is better suited on MS console(s) because it doesn't have to compete against the like of Tekken, Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter. Which I'm pretty sure is the real reason behind Itakagi's hatred toward the Tekken series.

As for Level 5's next project? I'm still patiently awaiting the US release of Rogue Galaxy and already they'll put this on my face. :)

.Z

Somehow, I can't see Sony allowing an similar looking NG Black to be ported over. Even though the Xbox version looked great, a HD version on PS3 would make the console look bad and likely wouldn't sell well (its an old game afterall).

Its possible that this port is similar to Resident evil remake on the GC which ended up looking a lot different from the original.

Somehow, I can't see Sony allowing an similar looking NG Black to be ported over. Even though the Xbox version looked great, a HD version on PS3 would make the console look bad and likely wouldn't sell well (its an old game afterall).
since they're doing the same thing with gran turismo: HD I don't think it will be a problem at all

Its possible that this port is similar to Resident evil remake on the GC which ended up looking a lot different from the original.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

- No release date yet
- Racheal is playable
- New stages, battle engine will be improved and upgraded
- Graphics and direction is going for a major overhaul

- New weapons, dual katana wielding

NG2 seems very multiplatform after this reveal.

The scans are out, hard to tell any graphical jump just yet. They are kinda blurry.
Ryu still playable which is nice to know.

I have to agree with this notion. It's a say day for MS if this indeed turns out to be true. Ninja Gaiden was one of very best exlusives that Xbox had, right up there with Halo and Kotor.

I think the possibility of things like Code Cronus, or DOAX2, etc are upped more than the golden goose Ninja Gaiden.

The way I see it..its kind of like Squares porting of FF to 360..doesn't mean that FF13 is multiplatform.

Wait for TGS and you will believe.

They are just preparing PS3-users for NG2 with NGB.

Not too hard to believe, they're one of the few xbox 360 loyal devs that actually knocked the xbox for not having hd media. Strange though, I don't think any temco game has gone over 1 disc.

So was every previous edition when it came out.

wow! after the sh!ty news about GT:HD, I think this is the best news for PS3 in a long long time.
:cool:
Σ stands for SUM in mathematics. I guess it will be a really full version. (of the best action game last gen of course)

is itagaki making it?

lol, i thought this was just an accidental occurance of a title being put up, but it seems it might hold more weight than I initially thought..

in a japanese mag it lists some titles for 360 + PS3 for TGS I believe..
taken from gaf...

edit:
full list..

edit: i should note this seems like a variation of ninja gaiden black, playable as rachel
also worth noting is a RPG from Level 5 (makers of dragon quest) has a new title 'white knight story'.

I thought Enix were the makers of Dragon Quest. Or is Level 5 an enix studio?

I thought Enix were the makers of Dragon Quest. Or is Level 5 an enix studio?

From my understanding DQ is made by Level 5, and published by Square-Enix. Rogue Galaxy is published by Sony IIRC. Somebody correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Back