Ninja Gaiden Black Coming to the PS3?

now you are thinking as a company, but allas, you are a consumer.:D
Not necessarily. As a multiplatform gamer I want to see more exclusive games that exploit each platform's strengths.
xbox360 or PS3 ..... doesn't matter to me since I'll be buying both next year.

If I was to ever buy that, that would mean I bought the same game three times...

Not necessarily. As a multiplatform gamer I want to see more exclusive games that exploit each platform's strengths.
xbox360 or PS3 ..... doesn't matter to me since I'll be buying both next year.

your position of <<if it does well then Tecmo will make sure that NG2 is PS3 only.>> does not sound very multiplatform-ownership to me.
itagaki is working on 360. he says the machine is all he needs. so you should be asking for 360 exclusiveness on this.
plus you should have bought a 360 already if you are really multiplatform.

Tecmo has already stated that you'll see all games on 360 first, so I'm not really sure why the whole exclusivity discussion is on going. Obviously they are not exclusive ONLY to Xbox 360, but will appeare on that platform first. it would be nice if they made a rygar remake for the 360 imo.

Tecmo has already stated that you'll see all games on 360 first, so I'm not really sure why the whole exclusivity discussion is on going.

Re. Sigma? Possibly because GameInformer, who spoke to Itagaki and the game's producer, reports that it is exclusive ;)

your position of <<if it does well then Tecmo will make sure that NG2 is PS3 only.>> does not sound very multiplatform-ownership to me.
Eh I never said anything like that. I think you're confusing me with someone else. All I said was I want more exclusive titles on both Xbox360 and PS3.

plus you should have bought a 360 already if you are really multiplatform.
if you say so ...
:???:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re. Sigma? Possibly because GameInformer, who spoke to Itagaki and the game's producer, reports that it is exclusive ;)

This game already appeared on the Xbox "twice" (nija gaiden & Ninja gaiden black). I think Itagaki was talking about "new" games.

This game already appeared on the Xbox "twice" (nija gaiden & Ninja gaiden black). I think Itagaki was talking about "new" games.

But the "complete" edition will be PS3 exclusive. I don't care to wait more time for PS3 NG2 sigma (aka complete edition) too :p

But the "complete" edition will be PS3 exclusive. I don't care to wait more time for PS3 NG2 sigma (aka complete edition) too :p

Regardless of it being exclusive, it's not a a new game. to repeat what I already stated, Itagaki was talking about "new" games appearing on Xbox 360 first. Not remakes of games they already made a special edition of. There's no point in releasing this version for 360 when you can still play the original ninja gaiden & ninja gaiden black on the 360.

ign interview
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/736/736392p1.html

IGN: What about online modes?

AS: We're only at twenty percent so the only thing I can say definitively is that we will be supporting the Karma leader boards we had before so you can upload your scores and compare them with people around the world to see who is the better Ninja. As far as other stuff goes we're still talking with SCE discussing the PlayStation 3 online strategy as a whole and they're being very cooperative.

IGN: You said the game was early but what types of graphical upgrades are you adding to the game? We could see the falling leaves, some new particle effects, and the fire effect that looked new.

AS: The nice thing about PS3 is that now we have a Sony PlayStation platform that has enough power to run Ninja Gaiden. Not only can we run the game in its original form but we have enough power to do something extra. We're pretty confident that even if we just brought the game over in its original form we still have one of the best action games on the market just in terms of gameplay. But since this is Team Ninja we're not going to settle with that. We're using the extra power for graphical upgrades. If this trailer is at 20% completion you can imagine how the full game is going to look.

Developer Interview
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13669&type=wmv&pl=game

He mentions they will use the motion controller in some way, and that if the game sells well then that would bode well for continuing the series on the PS3. (NG2? lol)

While I love your enthusiasm he didn't say bodes well, he said they'll "take it in to consideration".

If it does wind up on PS3 Iwouldn't expect a port for atleast a year or 2 after the 360 version. Itagaki has stated his "home base" is the 360 and that Xbox fans would recieve all NG games before any other system. ;)

While I love your enthusiasm he didn't say bodes well, he said they'll "take it in to consideration".

Thats basically what he said man. He said if theres a demand for it (meaning if it sells well), it will bode well for continuing the series on the ps3. Not sure what lines you are trying to read between. I said nothing about the 360 and NG2, which is obviously a different project.

He said if it sells well they'll "take it into consideration" not that it "bodes well". There is a key difference in the wording. There are many other factors going on here. That's all I'm saying ;)

Back