News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Acert93, Mar 8, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_Arm

Legend

Wow, I wonder how much money that red tape cost them.

2. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran

This game lineup does not surprise me. China has all sorts of restrictions of fictional depiction of concepts like independence and rebelliousness. Basically any concept that is perceived as anti-communist.

I imagine they'll be a roaring trade in black imports of disc games.

3. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

4. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran

Officially set at £329 but it's not hard to fine a Xbox One £20 cheaper than that. GameStop still have the White Sunset Overdrive bundle at £309 and that's been available for 2-3 weeks.

I guess the RRP dropping may result in further retail pricing dips. It should be available for less than £300 soon.

5. fehu

Veteran Regular

don't call it communism

6. BRiT

BRiT (>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
    Moderator Legend Alpha

7. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Nope, you are correct. It is a 20 price cut.

8. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

So, anybody know how this Xbox Live Rewards thing works?

I did finally get an email from Microsoft asking me to upgrade to an Xb0x and telling me that I'll receive 50,000 Live Reward Points for doing so. Hurray.

I have no idea what the conversion of Reward Points to Currency is, although the program tells you that it is an option. I'm guessing 50,000 Reward Points convert to a $50 gift card, but I can't find proof of that anywhere on the Xbox Live Rewards website, or on other reviews of the program.

NVM - I did find the value of the rewards, each 1,000 points is worth $5.

#10388 RancidLunchmeat, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  9. AzBat

AzBat Agent of the Bat
    Legend Veteran

Been a Rewards member since it started, but haven't done anything with it since they completely changed the program last year. I think I have 4000 or so. You can't cash in the points until you have 5000. I did get an email saying you can get reward points when buy DLC for games that are currently free through the Games with Gold program.

Tommy McClain

10. Rangers

Legend

So they're going to give you $250 worth of rewards for what??? Buying an Xbox One? That's crazy. Where's my deal like that?

I get a rewards email that I notice every so often...it's always zero. I dont even know how you're supposed to get rewards anymore. I thought one way was buying Gold, but I bought/redeemed two 12 month gold cards back in July (from a store) and didn't see any reward.

11. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Yeah, sorry. My conclusion was correct but my math was off. I should stop trying to do multiple things at once while at work. In the future, I'll try to focus on the important things, like making sure my posts are correct! :)

Every 5,000 points are worth $5. So the 50,000 offer is the same as a $50 MS gift card.

I didn't get it for anything in particular, I don't know why I got the "exclusive email offer".

It just says if I buy an Xb0x and log into Live prior to Oct 6, I'll get 50,000 reward points.

You should have gotten points for gold memberships, but maybe you don't get them because they only count if you buy them through MS? I've got 3200 points, 3000 are from a 12 month Gold Renewal and 200 are for making "Champion" level in Achievements. The next levels are Legend and then Master, which is unlikely, but it does show you how many points you get for doing things like watching Netflix a lot or using different apps like ESPN.

If you're buying your 12 month Gold Memberships for more than a $3 discount than you're better off doing what you're doing, rather than getting the points.

Looking at the lifetime stats, apparently they used to be giving MS points and I probably never noticed that I had a few hundred more MS points than I actually purchased. Then again, looking at my stat dashboard, it says I didn't play any games last month, so something is a bit odd.

Log in and see what's up with what. I never cared until I got that email that said it was their "largest rewards points offering ever" and tried to figure out exactly what the return would be.

http://rewards.xbox.com/

12. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

So it looks like it automatically redeems your rewards when you get 5000 points, but it specifically says that as soon as you get 1000 you can redeem, but you have to request them to be redeemed early. Considering every 5000 points is worth $5, you can get $4 now for your 4000 points if you'd like.

13. Rangers

Legend

Checking that rewards website linked, I have 1250 "credits" which it says are

At least now I know!

That was buying Destiny. Evidently it gave me no points for recently buying a 12 month gold card at a brick and mortar store and redeeming the code. And yeah I think I got a $9 discount on that card, paying 59.99 to MS for $3 rewards makes no sense, if that's how it works.

14. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

I think you get those rewards simply by playing? :smile2:

In fact when I didn't play my monthly rewards were 0 -in June, July-, but when I played games I got rewarded.

It's a well thought system, in fact. I recently got my first Diablo 3 DLC for free thanks to it.

Just when I was about to pay using Paypal I had 8€ in my account as if by magic! :smile: :smile2: -Diablo 3 DLC cost 5€-

Better yet, when I purchased Bioshock Infinite I saved 10€ 'cos I have that amount of money in my account. I love not to have to use Paypal sometimes.

I don't play that much time tbh, except when I get addicted, like with Diablo 3, so I guess other people get even more Xbox Rewards in currency.

15. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

IF you do it soon enough you can also get a free game . The white sunset over drive with another game of your choice plus a $50 gift card is a real good steal

16. ThePissartist

Veteran Regular

Three free games, can't grumble at that!

17. RudeCurve

Banned

Huh? How? The Sunset Overdrive bundles doesn't release until end of Oct?

18. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Yeah, that won't work. The deal is redeemed by logging into Live with the new Xb0x and expires on Oct 6, the Sunset Overdrive bundles don't ship until Oct 28.

They also don't come with an additional free game anymore, that promotion ended a few weeks ago.

Good idea though!

19. ThePissartist

Veteran Regular

Microsoft should more widely promote this deal. This is the only place I've read about it. There must be quite a number of people that would be tempted to upgrade that don't read their emails from Xbox (I never did.)

20. RancidLunchmeat

Veteran

Agreed. I just checked my email account that is on my Xbox account by dumb luck because I was looking for something else and happened to see the email about the points.

I've been saying all along they should make these offers via Live Messages to get in contact with the people who are using Live and playing games, and that are likely to continue to subscribe to live and purchase content on the new system.

Email seems like an odd way to do it. Who connects their primary email accounts to their gaming systems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.