News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No , its a thunderbolt port so you can hook 2 xbox one's together and get twice the power !

That's just about everyone's wish. A thunderbolt port would really help as a better alternative to cloud.

----------------------------------------

I saw the pic, looks like a port to power an other device. it's not for PC to console debugging because that can be done wireless, and it's not for tablet to console because that can be done through USB3.0... i have no clue really.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just about everyone's wish. A thunderbolt port would really help as a better alternative to cloud.

----------------------------------------

I saw the pic, looks like a port to power an other device. it's not for PC to console debugging because that can be done wireless, and it's not for tablet to console because that can be done through USB3.0... i have no clue really.
It. Is. A. USB. Host. Port. For. Kernel. Debugging.

You can't do kernel debugging through wifi, since the things you're usually debugging happen before the networking stack gets initialized. The internal 360 devkits had the same port, for the same reason. Released consoles, and most devkits, will not have this port.

You also can't use the normal USB ports, because those are for the other end of the connection. USB is an asymmetrical protocol.

It. Is. A. USB. Host. Port. For. Kernel. Debugging.

You can't do kernel debugging through wifi, since the things you're usually debugging happen before the networking stack gets initialized. The internal 360 devkits had the same port, for the same reason. Released consoles, and most devkits, will not have this port.

You also can't use the normal USB ports, because those are for the other end of the connection. USB is an asymmetrical protocol.

Got it. so is this picture taken of the original revision to the Xbox one? had to ask.

Got it. so is this picture taken of the original revision to the Xbox one? had to ask.

The are two sorts of devkits, internal devkits and external devkits. If it's like Sony only people considered to "need" them are given internal kits, usually kernel developers.
The biggest difference is usually internal kits will run unsigned firmware and external kits won't. I guess MS also omit the kernel debug port on external kits.

TRUTHFACT 1:

No live stream for real reasons. Xbone architecture is still not full complete. The latest version of the SDK from a couple weeks ago dropped performances by 15-20 percent across the board. Now before you get mad at me this happens ALL THE TIME in console development and it will eventually be fixed but there's no chance for an early October release or...

TRUTHFACT 2:

... certainly not for all 21 countries. Localization is absolute one hundred percent BS. TRUTHFACT. The excuses are some that nobody with common sense would consider. Look at the countries dropped. Cross references them against the languages being spoken [in them], official or otherwise in said countries. I said it yielded issues 2 months ago and the chicks have come home to roost. [something something Smartglass] Paying the price now.

TRUTHFACT 3:

Late October launch for PS4. Sony SDKs are ready. You could basically master your final version right now. Today, even!

TRUTHFACT 4:

If you thought people were mad about Bayonetta's sequel going to WiiU you will be someone unhappy about what Microsoft is getting exclusively from Platinum. Other Japanese developers are in play but too, but Kamiya is the only one I can confirm. The game is not for North America or Europe, which makes no sense but whatever.

TRUTHFACT 5:

Big Park(?) killed their game. It was a MOBA. It's dead. The whole studio is now focused on TV stuff. All the bes talent went to Big Tusk(?) or left MS entirely. Rare is still Kinect focused.

TRUTHFACT 6: New indie publishing policy is not set yet and probably won't be until after launch.

TRUTHFACT 7:

September surprise early. I apologize in advance. Everything I saw over last 24 months said there was no chance of a kinectless SKU [to start]. Concrete decision up till now. However,

There are whispers that there will be a kinect optional SKU early next year, probably around March or April. There's enough smoke around this that I didn't want to wait until September to say it! We'll have to wait for launch sales to see for sure.

~ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654903

Biggest pieces here (to me):

MS still putting *some* effort into Japan.

Kinectless SKU would signal the complete failure of MS's original vision for the XBOne. I wonder how many of the design decisions made for the XBOne hardware could be explained by "because Kinect". And now there's the potential for the device to be decoupled from the core console entirely? Wow.

Even if MS is planning a kinectless SKU, they definitely wouldn't announce anything. Probably a contingency plan if X1 don't sell as well as they wanted to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back