News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double check for me.

Yeah. Take care.

The worst part is that this PM on GAF was sent to me, without me asking for it. Like it was real. Why would anyone even do something as cruel to someone?

12GB
Cloud like computing service Azure
CPU is different from PS4

All lies.

Not funny. godhandisce. I hope you're happy with yourself.

I asked earlier and didn't see a response. Why can't you simply sign up under a new name over there? Is there a restriction or something?

Can you guys not pollute this thread with GAF trash? Nobody cares why you got banned at GAF....please leave your GAF crap at the main B3D forum entrance...thanks.

Can only find the trailer in 720p, and the 1080 ones are just recompresses of the original. Anyways I don't think it's certain that was a realtime trailer anyways.

As far as I can tell, they're not blocking used games. It looks like there will be a mechanism to deactivate your license. I suspect GameStop will have a system that, given a shiny disc, it will deactivate any installed versions in the wild, restoring the value of the shiny disc. I assume individual users will have this ability too, but that's more iffy. Personally, I would not buy a disc from eBay in future...

It's also almost exactly what I was contemplating before, which is cool, since I had no insider knowledge about how the used game system would work.

Ohhh that sounds nice.. So basicly, if i have the disc and my Console is offline, i got no internet, it's the year 2030 and the XBOX One servers are offline i pop in my shiny disc and the XBOX One plays the game?

See that would be freaking nice. When i am offline i need the disc to validate i have the game, when i am online i can play it as long as the activation servers lets me.

Please tell me this is true?

EDIT: Of course this means that in theory for every "used" game there can be ONE person playing the same game offline.. acceptable i guess, and enough of a hassle to not make it a problem.

Ohhh that sounds nice.. So basicly, if i have the disc and my Console is offline, i got no internet, it's the year 2030 and the XBOX One servers are offline i pop in my shiny disc and the XBOX One plays the game?

See that would be freaking nice. When i am offline i need the disc to validate i have the game, when i am online i can play it as long as the activation servers lets me.

Please tell me this is true?

EDIT: Of course this means that in theory for every "used" game there can be ONE person playing the same game offline.. acceptable i guess, and enough of a hassle to not make it a problem.
they can easily update for this case. Or a app you install threw usb if you really didn't have internet for years. Things like that is easy stuff.

It's less about GAF and more about the specs. But hey... Vgleaks was spot on in the end.

Kudos to the folks at that site.

There's no proof that anybody who's talking about specs actually know what the real deal is...hollow claims with little evidence to back it up...

Hope you learned a valuable lesson Reiko. People will make up shit!

In the world of semiconductor mass production things don't change so easily.

I haven't paid much attention to pricing policies, but was there a required price scheme for the 360?
There was certainly some kind of regulation. All the major new games, AAA games, etc, used to cost 60$/60€, and in some cases 70$/70€ -your typical EA game, like BF or FIFA-.

I dunno if this freedom could fragment the market or publishers are going to come to an agreement and non-aggression treaties. Sigh. :???:

If parents go with their children to a Gamestop or Game store, and then they see the new CoD priced at 70$, the new FIFA 40$, Duck Tales costing 45$ and the new Battlefield priced at 80$, they tend to buy the cheapest game so they don't have to shell out 70$.

Except if the parents screw up, and spoil their child, which maybe is a bad decision, as if they aren't thinking about their children's future, and they prefer to expend 80$ instead.

Some tricks won't work in the next gen though. A trick to get games cheaper was to only buy new ones a week or so after the release date... 'cos someone would have returned the games by then....

But that's another story.

Edit: I am sorry to hear about your troubles on Neogaf, Reiko. Don't worry, ok? It doesn't hurt to forget such a place. Sure, it's lively, but I barely go there except when someone provides me with a link. Maybe I am missing something but I have never seen the appeal.

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire experience soured me. I probably wouldn't return even if I was unbanned.

I get that you're embarrassed but you got to know worse things can happen to you. Maybe grab a good book and read about some of the great people in history who have made mistakes for some context. Trusting someone is a good thing, but learning not to be gullible is even better and in the long run this experience will save you down the road. I just hope it doesn't make you bitter. You can't take yourself too seriously my friend, we are after all human.

Jack Welch had some pretty high profile mistakes professionally early in his development and he is widely regarded as a fantastic leader. Teddy Roosevelt stayed up straight for days in a row and wrote legislation which didn't even make sense when he was in the New York State Senate...

I get that you're embarrassed but you got to know worse things can happen to you. Maybe grab a good book and read about some of the great people in history who have made mistakes for some context. Trusting someone is a good thing, but learning not to be gullible is even better and in the long run this experience will save you down the road. I just hope it doesn't make you bitter. You can't take yourself too seriously my friend, we are after all human.

Jack Welch had some pretty high profile mistakes professionally early in his development and he is widely regarded as a fantastic leader. Teddy Roosevelt stayed up straight for days in a row and wrote legislation which didn't even make sense when he was in the New York State Senate...

Thanks. I'll use the experience to create a better graphic novel that I'm working on.

On the upswing... I got a call for a new job interview on the same day I was banned. lol

EDIT: Thanks Cyan.

Is gaf really worth posting in to go through the trouble and going back? This is a lot of stuff just for a forum with very little intelligence from my experience. A few posters there are informed and calm but most of it seems to be drama and fanboyism.

As far as I can tell, they're not blocking used games. It looks like there will be a mechanism to deactivate your license. I suspect GameStop will have a system that, given a shiny disc, it will deactivate any installed versions in the wild, restoring the value of the shiny disc. I assume individual users will have this ability too, but that's more iffy. Personally, I would not buy a disc from eBay in future...

I first thought that they were, effectively, blocking used game sales, since to buy a new license for a used disk it would cost full price.
Seems that is only if the original owner still wants to play the game on their machine and they have a license transfer process.

But, hopefully the license transfer fee is reasonable, eg $10, like it was for the Online Pass and MS are not going to royally screw you when you want to sell your old games.

they can easily update for this case. Or a app you install threw usb if you really didn't have internet for years. Things like that is easy stuff.

There is big difference between being part of the console from launch to relying on a patch to make it work. I don't trust Sony nor Microsoft enough to rely on them to serve the good of the gamers unless they make money by doing it. And unless it's something they planned to do i simply don't expect them to implement it at a later stage. I hope some of all the "tech sites" asks Microsoft the right questions.

Can you guys not pollute this thread with GAF trash? Nobody cares why you got banned at GAF....please leave your GAF crap at the main B3D forum entrance...thanks.

I'm finding it quite funny actually :smile:

What with all the GAFers dropping by to say hi to our refugee and the GAF withdrawal counselling being given out

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back