News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thread post is pretty laughable to be honest.

Half of those teams have never shipped a game.

You won't be able to simply just form multiple studios from thin air, overnight and ship AAAA next-gen games with 80-90+ metacritic scores. Existing studios will struggle with the transition from this gen to next, so I can't imagine an brand new team MS have just formed coming out and owning it in terms of quality and quantity of first party titles.

New studio, first game:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-4

And now its AAAA? What is the difference between AAA and AAAA in the context of 80-90+ metacritic scores exactly?

MS was throwing that term around I think. I assume with enough money you can throw together a quick studio with high quality games.

MS has the money so they could simply create huge studios of a few hundred people. Picture the team working on swtor and then imagine instead of a huge mmorpg they are working on a 8-10 hour long shooter.

Who said they're not going to abandon unified system memory and dev friendly hardware and tools?

I certainly didn't.

They are going to abandon a pissing contest with Sony for bragging rights to 'most powerful console' though. But then again, they only really cared about this with the original Xbox anyway.

I wouldn't say, the xbox 360 was designed to be the most powerful console of the gen. the 360 was only matched because Microsoft wasn't banking on sony going over budget. the ps1 and ps2 launched at $299 don't forget.

just like WE are banking on the next xbox using kinect, Microsoft was banking on sony to launch an other $299 dollar console. what we have here is two companies reading off each other's marketing strategies, and sony of which was taking cues of the original xbox (going with Nvidia) and now from this video with the ps4.

A tent..? Seems a little underwhelming for MS standards tbh. Are they going to have a bbq and prize drawing afterwards? :)

hopefully chicks and beer.

pavilions can be open door as well, just depends on the size of the campus.

2ztbuj5.jpg

1hwlv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet venue pics!

With only 200 media and press invites they should all fit inside. Really curious at how the event will play out now. I had it pegged as another Spike tv extravaganza epileptic event.

Those venues look great! I love attending events like those in the summer. But I think we should realistically prepare for something more like this-

m.ridderhof_microsoftbmutw.jpg

But I think we should realistically prepare for something more like this-

m.ridderhof_microsoftbmutw.jpg

that's a lot of people. I lived a few miles away from where the xbox 360's reveal was. In which if my memory serves me correctly it was in a tank hanger. :smile2:

xbox 360
zerohourconstruct1.jpg

1132546207.jpg

Edit - I found a bigger picture inside of where the next xbox's is set to be unveiled.

8738183431_14817462e1_b.jpg

that's a lot of people. I lived a few miles away from where the xbox 360's reveal was. In which if my memory serves me correctly it was in a tank hanger. :smile2:

xbox 360
zerohourconstruct1.jpg

1132546207.jpg

Edit - I found a bigger picture inside of where the next xbox's is set to be unveiled.

8738183431_14817462e1_b.jpg
I didn't know the X360 was revealed in such a place. Nice analogy though, whether the specs are the ones many people expect or not, the Internet is going to explode and become a battlefield.

Judging by your picture below it seems to be an okay place for a funfair minus the fireworks.

I just hope they actually show the hardware and they reveal the specs. They should, especially when Major Nelson poked a little fun at Sony for not showing the PS4.

I'm thinking looks and presentation of the console might be the goal of the highlight. visuals are expected to be shown but the specs might be held for E3. It's clear that Microsoft wants this to be a digital viewing event.

anyways, It actually doesn't matter much about the size of the complex; since it's the console that's the highlight which won't need that much space to begin with......not yet until E3.

Some designs for Infinity. I hope it is not glossy and I HOPE it is green!

(my favourite is the 1st one)

Xbox4n-1862763.jpg

Xbox6n-1862760.jpg

Xbox7n-1862767.jpg

Xbox2n-1862769.jpg

Xbox3n-1864097.jpg

Xbox1n-1862768.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the first 3 are just bad, a console will always need plenty of space for the parts inside and cooling. the last one looks a tablet smart phone console. the next to last one looks very believable, hopefully the true design of the next xbox is thick in size with the perfect cooling setup.

Top one looks like a men's hygiene article, shampoo or shower gel bottle or somesuch. Terrible! :LOL: I like the 2nd-from bottom design - the black one, evolved from the current xbox S model. The one with the rounded corners at the bottom is also nice methinks, apart from the PS2-era vertical stand which looks bad and takes up extra unnecessary shelf space.

anyways, It actually doesn't matter much about the size of the complex; since it's the console that's the highlight which won't need that much space to begin with......not yet until E3.

yeah and these days, does it matter all that much the details of the local situation? it's going to be broadcast everywhere is what counts.

kind of like how most people say it's now a better experience to watch an nfl game on your big screen than actually go to the game in person.

There's nothing wrong with a small venue in a tent. For the media and press I imagine it'll be very exciting to see it all happen in person and so cozily too. I just think it's confirmation of how tight in time they are to push for what's basically a last minute reveal before E3. It's probably a plan B of sorts after they delayed their April event. Or maybe they never actually had anything bigger planned?

It's quite the difference from the 360 or Kinect (a very cool showing imo) reveals in terms of hoopla is all. A little uncharacteristic of MS, so I find that interesting. But given the likely circumstances and rumors of the system being behind schedule in some sorts it makes sense. Would love to read another Dean Takahashi Xbox Uncloaked after it's all done.

New pic
gEhQauKl.jpg

As far as expense goes, building basically a temporary building just for this event likely didn't come cheap at all. in fact probably far more expensive than renting something much swankier.

but, ms makes 6 billion dollars profit every single quarter. shame they didn't splurge on a few more cu's #lol

Xbox2n-1862769.jpg

I like this one a lot . In fact I think the current xbox 360 slim is really nice for a console. I just want a nice big 120mm silent fan removing heat from the top of the console .

yea.... not sure where one would get "rushed" from this.

Secrecy and rehearsals without non-MS employees on property with phone cameras etc are the main reason I'd wager.

They want surprises and travelling they may as well go public with leaks.

And as mentioned they want to have their whole team on hand and they want to be able to take guests into the facility and other conference rooms later for follow up same night... so yea. they have a beautiful campus may as well use it and as Ranger mentioned these structures are not cheap.

Since they already delayed the event a month it's hard to call it "rushed". Originally this was supposed to take place April 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back