New Viva Pinata Screens:

I love the strips-o-paper rendering style, but some aspects of the Rare guide to character design could do with an update.. it looks like they're still using this version of it.

rareguide.gif

:)

Dean

DeanA said:
I love the strips-o-paper rendering style, but some aspects of the Rare guide to character design could do with an update.. it looks like they're still using this version of it.

http://www.uncleclive.co.uk/IMAGES/rareguide.gif[IMG]

:)

Dean[/QUOTE]
looking at that 2nd picture again up top, its kinda true lol. a good laugh.

DeanA said:
Speaking of character design, that's one thing that does concern me. In the third pic there's two characters that I didn't notice at first, and they look...scarey. For a cheery party atmosphere game, they look evil. I don't think they go, unless they're supposed to look evil. :???:

Shifty Geezer said:
Speaking of character design, that's one thing that does concern me. In the third pic there's two characters that I didn't notice at first, and they look...scarey. For a cheery party atmosphere game, they look evil. I don't think they go, unless they're supposed to look evil. :???:

Those are the evil pinata's that come and mess with your garden, you can kill them(i guess by using your good pinata's?), or convert them to a good pinata i think :p

Okay, that makes sense. Scarey, evil things, not very Pinata like. More like the 'Yoof of Today' with attitudes, no respect for authority, and dodgy masks. Looks to me like all you need to do to solve that problem in the game is build a Mall for them to hang out at, or at night position street lamps away from your farm.

Prior to seeing these screenshots I had intended to bite the developers of this game, but after viewing them I have come to the conclusion it's genius in it's art style.

My daughter makes me show her the trailer at least once per week every since it was first released.

Needless to say I'll be picking this game up on day 1. Finally a 360 game that I can feel comfortable letting my 4 year old girl play.

Shifty Geezer said:
Okay, that makes sense. Scarey, evil things, not very Pinata like. More like the 'Yoof of Today' with attitudes, no respect for authority, and dodgy masks.

Do you mean the third pic in this thread or the at TXB? Because those two in the third pic (in this thread) aren't pinatas. AFAIK they are caretakers you can hire so that you don't have to do every little thing yourself. BTW does anyone else think that the redhead manthing looks like he's wasted?

But if you meant this picture:
http://www.xbox-gamer.net/screenaff_28327_1316_Viva_Pinata.html
Then yes, the red and black thing is an evil pinata (can't see a second one though).

Uncle said:
Do you mean the third pic in this thread or the at TXB? Because those two in the third pic (in this thread) aren't pinatas. AFAIK they are caretakers you can hire so that you don't have to do every little thing yourself. BTW does anyone else think that the redhead manthing looks like he's wasted?
I meant the third pic here! So they're, supposed to be human? Caretakers? If they're supposed to be friendly, they don't go with the game. Teenage angst and attitudes in a cheery, colourful party world? They shoud have been cute little munchkins and the like.

Shifty Geezer said:
I meant the third pic here! So they're, supposed to be human? Caretakers? If they're supposed to be friendly, they don't go with the game. Teenage angst and attitudes in a cheery, colourful party world? They shoud have been cute little munchkins and the like.

That's the impression I've gotten from previews. Now that I think about it, I'm not 100% sure if they were caretakers for hire, but pinatas they weren't. All pinatas, even the evil (sour) ones, are based on real life animals (and behave like their real life counterparts). Those wierd looking people might have been other gardeners/players or something like that. IIRC you will be able to visit your friends garden through Live, so I'd assume that you'll have an avatar of some sort.

Back