New Viva Pinata Screens:

Damn, this game looks purty:

1316_28323_Viva_Pinata.jpg

1316_28325_Viva_Pinata.jpg

1316_28326_Viva_Pinata.jpg

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=448498

It does have a great artistic look. Hopefully the framerate is good (some of the realtime footage was choppy).

My big question is whether it will be challenging. It is obviously aimed at children, especially with a TV show coming. So will it have enough difficulty levels to engage adults long enough with strong strategy and longevity or will it be short, easy, and shallow?

Very impressed with the art and graphics. I'll be buying this on day it release for my nephew and niece...I'm sure I have to test play it for them. ;)

Are those cgi rendered backgrounds? if not, looks pretty good. I remember seeing a short film with the characters featured in the game, very pixar like. Not really my style of games, but it does look interesting and cool on its own orginality.

I suppose this is rare's stab at nintendo?
"we can play that game too" ;)

graphically this looks very nice perhaps best looking title for xb360 my worry is that theres not enuf gameplay to keep me + other adults amused but it cant be faulted for that

zed said:
graphically this looks very nice perhaps best looking title for xb360 my worry is that theres not enuf gameplay to keep me + other adults amused but it cant be faulted for that

considering that it's tied in with a children's cartoon TV program (using game assests for the animation, I've read), I don't think we are the demographic.

we can still admire it though, and I'll probably rent it. :smile:

Looks fantastic! I love the art direction!

I am definetely keeping an eye on this one. Very original

pipo said:
I don't think so. The ship in the second picture is right in the garden for example.

Looks very good.
ah, had to ask. everything looks very blurry in the background compared to the foreground, almost looking out of place. but if you can go to the background seamlessly, thats pretty cool. :)

Those look really nice. I like the fuzzy effect on the pinatas. I wonder if candy and coins come out of those if they get hit.

I agree with everyone that the game looks brilliant. Excellent art direction. I also agree that MS needs something like this to tie in the younger demographic. With that said though. Does anyone else think this may be a bit overboard for the demographic and a misuse of their developers (Rare) talents?

At this point as a 360 owner I'd have to say that while the future looks bright, we are certainly not FLOODED with beautiful, well thought out, and challenging games that are either available or to be released this year. This team could have produced something that perhaps filled the gap a bit better with a B&K game or some other IP that would not only target the younger crowd but also be a hit for those that aren't 5yo. This may be a bit premature as we don't have the details on exactly how engaging this game will be but I can't help but to think after looking at these screens: what a shame.

Ben-Nice said:
This game looks boring as hell
Considering I can't tell anything about how the game plays from looking at the gfx, I can't help wondering what your basis is for coming to such a conclusion...

TheChefO said:
I agree with everyone that the game looks brilliant. Excellent art direction. I also agree that MS needs something like this to tie in the younger demographic. With that said though. Does anyone else think this may be a bit overboard for the demographic and a misuse of their developers (Rare) talents?

At this point as a 360 owner I'd have to say that while the future looks bright, we are certainly not FLOODED with beautiful, well thought out, and challenging games that are either available or to be released this year. This team could have produced something that perhaps filled the gap a bit better with a B&K game or some other IP that would not only target the younger crowd but also be a hit for those that aren't 5yo. This may be a bit premature as we don't have the details on exactly how engaging this game will be but I can't help but to think after looking at these screens: what a shame.

but with each game, rare is getting more and more used to the 360.... just think how nice a new B&K will be after all the experience gained from their other 360 games ;)

without knowing the development budget/team size on this game it's a bit unfair to call it a waste of resources etc - it may infact be a fairly cheap to develop game and as such may prove profitable, in which case it certainly wouldn't be a waste as far as they are concerned - who knows! I do have to agree though, i'm a bit annoyed with the total lack of games that interest me until this fall....

rusty said:
but with each game, rare is getting more and more used to the 360.... just think how nice a new B&K will be after all the experience gained from their other 360 games ;)

without knowing the development budget/team size on this game it's a bit unfair to call it a waste of resources etc - it may infact be a fairly cheap to develop game and as such may prove profitable, in which case it certainly wouldn't be a waste as far as they are concerned - who knows! I do have to agree though, i'm a bit annoyed with the total lack of games that interest me until this fall....

True they seem to be making huge strides with the hardware in a short period of time when comparing this to PD0 or Kameo, and you have a point about cost/profit. I still think the teams resources could have been put to better use by having one of their other dev teams tackle this game and let the stars of the team (which Rare obviously are at this point) shine on something which is more broadly attractive to their userbase.

Back