New Lair pics

New pic?

pho_lai01.jpg

Hey, some people buy games to play them, some people buy them because of SubSurface Scattering! What's wrong with that, to each his own! :LOL:

What i really miss on this game is the original Fire effects.

Now i wonder if the first screens were indeed pre-rendered, since the fire in the original screens looked extremely good compared with the new ones.

Some people expect far too much from next-gen, while others expect far too little!

and i guess it has nothing to do with personal, erm, preferences, and the eventual mud slinging. every decent screenshot from the competition is CG, every misfortunate one - true evidence of the competition's ultimate capabilities. gwad, gotta love that mentality.

and factor5 using UE3 - haha, i'm still laughing at that one. 'two 5 graders at one forum were arguing about that, so that makes it a viable possibility'

as far as i remember the reason F5 moved over to the PS3 was because they wanted to get dirty with the tech. so UE3 only comes naturally for them, right?

Not every game has a HUD. Soometimes for promotional purposes HUDs are switched off.
Not every game has an energy bar. How do you know there's even an 'energy' in this game? Perhaps it's one hit - one kill?

Not that I'm agreeing that the lack of HUD means anything one way or another, but we've already seen examples of Lair's HUD it does have a couple of health/energy meters whatever.

I think the shot is clearly realtime, but not ingame. Look at the camera angle, ingame would probably be from behind the character.

The level of detail is extremely impressive if it maintains that level with other characters on screen, as a single dragon with nothing else, it's not super impressive, but if I saw that model in the middle of 5 other dragons, with fire and explosions everywhere, that would be pretty amazing.

I think the shot is clearly realtime, but not ingame. Look at the camera angle, ingame would probably be from behind the character. .

What if they allow you to move the camera while flying? I mean why do gamers that post on the internet (super gamers) forget about this one very thing?

What if they allow you to move the camera while flying? I mean why do gamers that post on the internet (super gamers) forget about this one very thing?

That is possible, obviously we can't say for sure. If I had to guess, I would say it's staged from a cinematic angle, not ingame with the camera turned, but it could be.

I would really like to see some shots with more action on screen, if it's indeed ingame with the camera turned, then they be able to fairly easily show us more characters on screen with that level of detail.

That is possible, obviously we can't say for sure. If I had to guess, I would say it's staged from a cinematic angle, not ingame with the camera turned, but it could be.

I would really like to see some shots with more action on screen, if it's indeed ingame with the camera turned, then they be able to fairly easily show us more characters on screen with that level of detail.

Well it looks good. probably 80,000 polygons. About the same amount as a PGR3 car......of course PGR3 is also rendering a city, people, stands, wires, road, ect.....but we have yet to see a gameplay of lair :)

I wonder if they will have a 1,000-5,000 foot soldiers ready to be scorched?(Kameo is a good example)

Need some gameplay footage.

As I mentioned before (maybe in R:FoM thread), camera angles are sometimes artifically created for promo shots from within the game. Here's an example from CON

915265_20040114_screen003.jpg

There's no HUD and the camera is zoomed closer in than you can get in the game, but it's taken from gameplay. The devs pause the action and swing the camera around to find someehing they like the look of. People shouldn't look to camera angles and HUDs to prove in-game or not (until the game's released and mags do their own captures!)

As I mentioned before (maybe in R:FoM thread), camera angles are sometimes artifically created for promo shots from within the game. Here's an example from CON

915265_20040114_screen003.jpg

There's no HUD and the camera is zoomed closer in than you can get in the game, but it's taken from gameplay. The devs pause the action and swing the camera around to find someehing they like the look of. People shouldn't look to camera angles and HUDs to prove in-game or not (until the game's released and mags do their own captures!)

Not proof, just my own personal guess ;)

Back