New Lair pics

Messing up the contrast would require post-processing... Why would they intentionally ruin a good looking screenshot?

For the same reason they release horribly old builds with new builds? I don't know, but they need to fire the screenshot takers.

ss02.jpg

I mean why can't they just do this.

Why the fire doesnt look the same way it does in this shot? is that good looking fire so imposible to acomplish?

The new screenshot shows the fire looking quite nice and it could actually be the same fire but from a different angle/distance. For all I can tell it might look really good in motion so I'm not too sure what you mean.

How do you come to the conclusion that the newest (ugly) shots are from an old build?

For the same reasons someone could assume they are from a new build. Releasing never before seen shots with old shots.

Bottom line, we just dont know how old the build is in the shots. What we do know is, that we will most likely see the game next friday. ;)

If at tgs it looks good, then it looks good, if it looks like ass, well...it looks like ass. :LOL:

The new screenshot shows the fire looking quite nice and it could actually be the same fire but from a different angle/distance. For all I can tell it might look really good in motion so I'm not too sure what you mean.

The fire in the pic i posted looks like some real intense fire, even looks intimidating, but the one in the screenshot above my post doesnt look like fire at all, it even looks transparent.

Maybe its a matter of personal tastes, but i really like the fire effect used in the pic i posted.

The fire in the pic i posted looks like some real intense fire, even looks intimidating, but the one in the screenshot above my post doesnt look like fire at all, it even looks transparent.

One is the realtime effect, the other is prerendered - that is the reason for the difference...

Is it posible to have that kind of fire in realtime?

I don't know how that fire has been created. Methods may be similar, but offline rendering usually has the advantage that you can spend a lot more processing time on the effect, thus reaching better quality.

Still wondering what this game is all about. All the screen shots especially the ones with HUD's puts the game in such an awkward angle to play it.

I dont understand why there is any doubt that the new pic is real-time or not...how does it look out of reach at all?

Because the BS mentality is that any game that is coming to PS3 can't be real. Even if they showed us a screenshot of Pong, people would be screaming CGI.

Because the BS mentality is that any game that is coming to PS3 can't be real. Even if they showed us a screenshot of Pong, people would be screaming CGI.

Oh whatever, Sony made their bed by SHOWING bullshit CGI, and now you whine because people are *GASP* a little skeptical???

mckmas8808 - Do you actually think anyone believes that?

Back