New Lair pics

Ps2

Oh whatever, Sony made their bed by SHOWING bullshit CGI, and now you whine because people are *GASP* a little skeptical???

mckmas8808 - Do you actually think anyone believes that?

People say this same thing for PS2 but PS2 demo is all real-time so people will say this about PS3 anyway, my friend. For PS3 demos I do not think what they show that is CGI is not possible. Look at Killzone. What is amazing? Not texture and simple buildings. Maybe smoke is too good also animation is too good. But look at "cheap" fire on burning enemy soldier, it is not so great (it is bad). But is shader look too good? I feel it is not. I think xbox360 can also have killzone demo shader look. Look at Gears of War and Kameo. Both have great shader use. It is not technology but clever programmer who will make great looking games.

People say this same thing for PS2 but PS2 demo is all real-time so people will say this about PS3 anyway, my friend.

Yes....E3 2005 is such a distant memory by now, how in the world could I expect you to remember...

And, maybe you missed it, but in my opinion, the shot is "clearly realtime" :rolleyes:

He has a point there.

Sony one day showed CGI (which everyone recognized as such even before Sony commented on it) and Microsoft uses (till this day) bull shots like with some 'nice' 40*Fsaa, better textures and what not. Now you tell me what's worse..

Calmness

Yes....E3 2005 is such a distant memory by now, how in the world could I expect you to remember...

And, maybe you missed it, but in my opinion, the shot is "clearly realtime" :rolleyes:

You misunderstand, my friend. What I mean is, if Sony shows CGI, people say no way PS3 can have that graphics, but if Sony shows real-time, then also people say no way it can have that graphics. PS2 demo is all real-time and people say no way it is possible. But many PS2 games is much better than demos, no? So, same with PS3. Maybe Sony showed CGI for some PS3 demos because developers have not enough time to make real-time engine. Who can know why? E3 2005 demos is to show what developer thinks is hardware potential not to show real games. This is because there is no real game 1 year before hardware release and also release game are not max hardware potential. My friend, you and I know Xbox360 can have much better graphics than release game PGR3.

Back