New Full Auto (X360) Trailer. Possibly The Best Arcade Racer Ever?

yeah I can't wait to play this, hopefully it will be as fun as twisted metal on the PS1

and they are using a lot of effects I wonder how good burnout is going to look

kyleb said:
Is it all racing with fighting mixed in, or is there straight deathmatch like Twisted Metal?

It's weird because the racing part is kind of easy... well the 'driving' portion is... I guess controlling the vehicle would have to be easy with everything else going on... But basically you have 2 different weapons to use, they both have unlimited ammo but still pause to reload... you also have a boost button, you fill up your boost by launching yourself on ramps and things like that... you also have a 'rewind' button for when you crash or get blown up... you only have a certain amount of this per race though... You can pretty much destroy anything... and do all kinds of crazy jumps.. the game is a blast to play.

I remember when people first seen this game we were questioning it. Now it seems like it can be a hit. The destruction in the game is so great. The physics in the game seem to play a role in the gameplay.

Hey Hardknock does the physics pay a role while you were playing it?

I think I'll be picking this one up.
g5xw0om.gif

I wish it had a combat mode, instead of being entirely a racing game. There hasn't been a good car combat game in awhile.

looks really fun to play online :)

but im sick of the "PC" look already and the next-generation just started... :S
it needs the "burnout3" look

dskneo said:
looks really fun to play online :)

but im sick of the "PC" look already and the next-generation just started... :S
it needs the "burnout3" look

I hear alot of people talk about the "PC" look but what is that exactly, high resolution with high res textures if thats the case you may be dissapointed

pegisys said:
I hear alot of people talk about the "PC" look but what is that exactly, high resolution with high res textures if thats the case you may be dissapointed

its more the lack of imagination with the design/used colours... flat stuff everywhere. No life.
Life is colourfull. full Auto is gray with high resolution with nice explosions here and there.

basically, take the high-rez and high-textures away and you get a Fun but crappy looking game.

very depressing look ...

take burnout3 as an example. Its no high-res, but looks great! great design with good colours.
Or Kameo! its high res, and great looking!

but full-auto and PDZ just look like some high-res games, thats about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
that didnt look fun at all if the frame rate stays like that and the bland flat textures are still theere. looks like a pc mod off an engine like hl2.

SteamedRice said:
that didnt look fun at all if the frame rate stays like that and the bland flat textures are still theere. looks like a pc mod off an engine like hl2.

You know, the explosions and particle effects kinda reminded me of F.E.A.R (albeit a lot more chaotic and impressive) .... I wonder if they're using some sort of modified engine? I know they're using the F.E.A.R. engine for Condemned...

I think the level of destruction and physical interaction is far beyond anything that burnout has offered sofar, and since just about everything is destructable I can understand it being a lil flat

I think you are more jaded by low resolution, since edges don't look as hard but I doubt burnout 3 pushes anywhere near the amount of polygons that this game will

the game looks action packed to me, and they where running over 30 fps at E3 on the alpha kits

pegisys said:
I think you are more jaded by low resolution, since edges don't look as hard but I doubt burnout 3 pushes anywhere near the amount of polygons that this game will

Again, its not about polygons per second... its about what you do with them. burnout3 looks "happy", Full Auto looks "sad"

just that. its still a fun game

I kind of agree with those who don't like this game aesthetically.

When I first saw the XNA crash demo they did for Microsoft I thought: Wow! This is what the next generation is going to be like.

And then I see this game and I'm thinking: Huh? This is the best they could do with that technology?

To me it looks they had some good technology but didn't really know what to do with it. So they make a sandbox type game where there arent really any rules and player just tears it up and hopefully amuses him/herself.

I guess at best it shows you one aspect of the potential on the new systems. But it really just stops right there and makes no attempt at being something really memorable.

Back