Ridge Racer PSP impressions

A friend got a PSP delivered to work and got RR with it. First time I have actually seen a PSP and was very impressed with it.

Got RR yesterday as the first game for my PSP.

It's amazing. Played it almost non stop from 17 to 24.
The analog slider works great for steering, I prefer it to the cross pad in this game. Before I got to try it in any game, I thought the slider would be pretty useless, but it didn't event take me time to get used to, it felt natural from the go. Only the placement makes it ergonomically worse than playing with the crosspad.

It really has captured the Ridge Racer feel exellently. The first tracks are way too easy, I finished first place everytime without much effort, but now that I'm finishing the first tour it's got a little harder (still finishing first on first attempt, but only just).
I hope the pro tours and beyond have more challenge.

Playing Ridge Racers have been one of the few games that manage to get me in the "zone" and the PSP version is no different. It's the combination of fast paced music and the satisfying tracks and when you succesfully nail a lap with immaculate slides it's gaming nirvana.

Now waiting for Wipeout and Lumines, two other games that I expect to get me there :)

It really has captured the Ridge Racer feel exellently. The first tracks are way too easy, I finished first place everytime without much effort, but now that I'm finishing the first tour it's got a little harder (still finishing first on first attempt, but only just).
I hope the pro tours and beyond have more challenge.

I thought the same thing - don't worry, gets a lot harder :)

Oh yeah, and I just got Lumines and Wipeout - Lumines is CRAZY!!! Great game though.

Only done one Tournament in Wipeout, and I'm getting into it.. not as immediately accessible like Ridge Racer.

it was really good , I normaly don't play racers ( to me nothing beats daytona , scud race and sega rally so i don't bother ) but i was supprised by the quality .

Do others have a bug so that if you put the PSP in a sleep mode while playing RR, the music is often missing after you wake it up.
Once there was music, but it was awfully distorted.

Is this only with RR, or a bug in PSP?

Hey, that same thing happened to me, too. Woke it up and didn't have any music until I power cycled the system.

Weird and annoying, but rest assured, your PSP isn't bad. It must happen to everyone. :)

Somebody said that yoif you put the game on pause before putting on sleep, the sound will be ok after wakeup.
Guess the spinning UMD doesn't like being put to sleep suddenly, but messes the streaming sound easily, so it might be either PSP design limitation or because of bad game design.

Back