New DMC4 Details from Kobayashi

If it helps, there are Famitsu dmc4 scans around the net with decent images from the demo, google should work.

dskneo said:
good lighting.... good character detail... low rez textures..

sounds like a win to me :)

i prefer good lighting over good textures any time of the day, so i accept those graphics, no sweat

QFT on the low rez textures :)

but if that sceenshot is actual gameplay.

I would totally dig it!!!

the detail on it screams next gen, even though the textures are bleh :)

Dante's character design... WTH?

Well, after Sony lowered the prices on Platinum games overhere; It was a tough choice between Devil May Cry 3 and God of War. Having loved DMC, it wasn't surpricing that I went for DMC3!

Having a blast with it - it's difficult, no doubt, but I love a good challenge and I'm certainly having that with the game so far.

One thing that does disturb me though: What the hell happened to Dante's character design? He was so cool in part 1 and now he just doesn't fit the picture IMO. I suppose it's because it's playing in the past and Dante's supposed to be younger... looking at the DMC4 trailer, I'm guessing it's another sequel playing before the events in DMC1... anyone disturbed by this?

Phil said:
Well, after Sony lowered the prices on Platinum games overhere; It was a tough choice between Devil May Cry 3 and God of War. Having loved DMC, it wasn't surpricing that I went for DMC3!

Having a blast with it - it's difficult, no doubt, but I love a good challenge and I'm certainly having that with the game so far.

One thing that does disturb me though: What the hell happened to Dante's character design? He was so cool in part 1 and now he just doesn't fit the picture IMO. I suppose it's because it's playing in the past and Dante's supposed to be younger... looking at the DMC4 trailer, I'm guessing it's another sequel playing before the events in DMC1... anyone disturbed by this?

Disturbed? No... But it is kinda annoying to see things going backwards instead of going forward. I think it's all subjective, but i also preferred the look of the original game, and the second too.

Do give God of War a try, it's a really good game and a total showcase of what's left in that little old PS2. Stunning.

Back