New DMC4 Details from Kobayashi

-Dante's apperance will be older, cooler, and will also have a beard.

-Kobayashi feels that at first, he wanted to make DMC4 easier, but then realized this would go against the wishes of many fans. So instead, he wants to make the game 'easier to control' and 'get into' instead of making the game easier strategically.

-Itsuno (the game's director) concering the difficulty says, DMC4 will be a hard game, "there is no turning back now" is how the translated quote goes.

-The overall 'game' will drastically increase in DMC4, says the director Itsuno. Saying that it will have more weapons/moves/bosses/enemies/speed/sound/design/scene atmosphere than DMC1, DMC2, and DMC3 combined.

-Kobayashi says that he can't comment on PS3's maximum graphical potential, but says that the lowest minimum bar on how DMC4 looks in real-time is that of the TGS trailer.

-Kobayashi does not know when DMC4 will be done (no release date or a rough quarter/period) is known.

-And lastly the producer says the next time you will see DMC4 is when it's running entirely in real-time with final designs.

-And Kobayashi also says Dante will (physically, as in build, age etc.) will more look like the DMC2 Dante than the DMC3 Dante. Since this is (finally) a true equal to DMC1.

Screenshot in case you forgot what the video looked like
devil-may-cry-4-20050917055152411.jpg

Any Devil May Cry fans here? Good news eh?

good lighting.... good character detail... low rez textures..

sounds like a win to me :)

i prefer good lighting over good textures any time of the day, so i accept those graphics, no sweat

mckmas8808 said:

-Kobayashi feels that at first, he wanted to make DMC4 easier, but then realized this would go against the wishes of many fans. So instead, he wants to make the game 'easier to control' and 'get into' instead of making the game easier strategically.

-Itsuno (the game's director) concering the difficulty says, DMC4 will be a hard game, "there is no turning back now" is how the translated quote goes.

-The overall 'game' will drastically increase in DMC4, says the director Itsuno. Saying that it will have more weapons/moves/bosses/enemies/speed/sound/design/scene atmosphere than DMC1, DMC2, and DMC3 combined.

-Kobayashi says that he can't comment on PS3's maximum graphical potential, but says that the lowest minimum bar on how DMC4 looks in real-time is that of the TGS trailer.

-Kobayashi does not know when DMC4 will be done (no release date or a rough quarter/period) is known.

-And lastly the producer says the next time you will see DMC4 is when it's running entirely in real-time with final designs.

-And Kobayashi also says Dante will (physically, as in build, age etc.) will more look like the DMC2 Dante than the DMC3 Dante. Since this is (finally) a true equal to DMC1.

I'm a fan, I'll reply to your points in order.

-So... Dante will look like Solid Snake? I guess capcom wants to put a little more grit to Dante. I personally like the DMC1 version of Dante. I just hope they stcik with it. Personally, when I think of beards, I think of this.

-I never had a problem with teh control scheme so I don't know how they could improve in it. I guess they will have to find a balance in terms of ease of use and pulling off the 'tricks" in the game. It was really hard to pull off some moves. Like in DMC3, "Million Slashes" using the Agni Rudra swords.

-Wow, I just hope they don't mkae the game harder, I mean, wow, DMC3 was really hard.

-This is awesome, too bad I don't have a HTS to take advantage of all the fast action and awesome sounds of the game. Just have to get that job...

-Cool

The rest of the points, whatever. :)

I can't wait for this game. DMC3 was awesome so to have those graphics at least for the game will be totally insane. Insanage I tell you!

I'm sure the texture will improve. It seems trailers for upcoming PS3 games were quickly made so texture detail wasn't emphasized. Character model though seems to be the focus.

drpepper said:
-Wow, I just hope they don't mkae the game harder, I mean, wow, DMC3 was really hard.

I'm a fan also and I was going to say this too. Just wanted someone else to say it first.:devilish:

rounin said:
I'm a fan also and I was going to say this too. Just wanted someone else to say it first.:devilish:

LOL, sure.. put the pressure on me. :)

It was tough, though at the end, I was really proud of myself finishing it through despite the fact that I could get killed in 4 hits. The first boss fight with the floating grim reaper... Took me over 10 tries to get past it. Man I was so pissed. :mad:

Agni and rudra was pure evil. It took me 20 times and had to take a break from the game for a week cause they were near impossible. Still though, I wish I had the video of their defeat, I was so in the zone jumping and tumbling around that room. I owned them good. :devilish:

Avon_Implosion said:
rumor has it that the game may find its way to the 360/Rev.
think it was proven incorrect, though.

Yeah, Gamefront reported on the original article, and a babelfish translation of their report suggested that 360/Rev ports would happen. But babelfish got it wrong, it actually says the complete opposite ;)

Titanio said:
Yeah, Gamefront reported on the original article, and a babelfish translation of their report suggested that 360/Rev ports would happen. But babelfish got it wrong, it actually says the complete opposite ;)

maybe they forgot to feed the fish? :smile:

drpepper said:
maybe they forgot to feed the fish? :smile:

Haha, it's actually pretty amazing that it could make such a mistake and get it so wrong. Be wary of automatic translations (google translated it the same way and makes the same mistake).

Basically, the german says "The game is only for PS3, ports to X360/Rev are not planned", but Babelfish/Google think the "not" is relevant to the first part (i.e. "The game is not only for PS3, ports to X360/Rev are planned"). If you split the sentence up, at the comma, they translate it properly.

drpepper said:
IIt was really hard to pull off some moves. Like in DMC3, "Million Slashes" using the Agni Rudra swords.

Sorry but "Million Slash" is just one button to pull off just, (Triangle) I dont think that can improve something that requires one button to execute, I dont think they can change someone getting the wrong timing or not being able to hit the button fast enough :eek:.

Oh and lovely news, Big DMC Fan.

And the harder is fine with me, DMC3 is cake on anything but DMD, and its only harder on DMD is because the DT'd enemies are harder to knock down and juggle.

*Patiently Awaiting Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition*

Kabbage said:
And the harder is fine with me, DMC3 is cake on anything but DMD, and its only harder on DMD is because the DT'd enemies are harder to knock down and juggle.

*Patiently Awaiting Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition*

What a jackbutt :rolleyes: :LOL:

I've never got why people think this game is SOOOO hard, its like they have never played old school games before. If its too hard on normal settings (this includes DMC3 and 4 and any other game for that matter) then set it 1 setting lower.
This is coming from a guy that plays all games on Hard (including DMC3) the 1st time around.

Disclaimer: ....Not Trying To Brag

mckmas8808 said:

Niiice.

Sounds like a pretty big step up for the series. Also the graphic comment is cool, that CG trailer looked pretty amazing IMO, especially his character model.

Its also awesome they aren't giving into critics re: difficulty.

mckmas8808 said:

This one is a sequel ? I always thought its going to be another prequel. Nice to know.

DMC3 wasn't that hard, Dante has so much arsernal under his belt, I wished the enemies especially the bosses would have been like ten times harder. And what is that 'easier to control' comment ? I hope its not the easy/automatic of DMC, ugghhh.

Damn right :) Up that difficulty.

Cool to hear, they should remove the Devil trigger into one of the direction pad and have the Devil trigger button into another switch button, perhaps style switch or another weapon switch :) Also maybe they can implement some SF esque stick movement to execute some of those moves. And keep all the moves cancelling that you can do in DMC3.

Yes, one of a few sequels I am looking forward too for next gen.

I still say DMC3 was too hard. They should have left the default level at Ninja Gaiden Black's hard, but nooooo :rolleyes:

Back