New Diva's

Leto

Newcomer
Joss Stone, Norah Jones and Katie Melua, they all have charming looks and great voices.. Which one did you fall in love with?

Katie Melua (The Closest Thing To Crazy- dl it!) She is too sweet :oops:
katiemelua2.jpg

Joss Stone
1003_joss_stone_b.jpg

Norah Jones
norahjones03032a.jpg

Guden Oden said:
Cute, but asian women are much prettier.

Huh? What does that have to with this subject? And don't say something like that without pictures please ;)

I agreew ith all three choices. They are all beauties with amazing voices. Joss Stone has a very strong voice and her lyrics are also nice to ponder on.

Norah Jones, without a doubt. Total sweetheart with an amazing voice -- and classy too, which is rare now-a-days.

Humus said:

You're joking, right?

Nora Jones (besides being fat and making uninteresting music) wanted some 80 Euro (=110 $ US) for a ticket in Stuttgart a while ago. Bands like Korn or Metallica cost up to $60, just for comparison. Bah.

Norah Jones definitely have a nice voice, and I realy like the music. (If you don't like the genre _xxx_ that's one thing, but she sure does it well for all us who like it.) Too bad though that the local CD stores doesn't seem to have anything with her.
Does Katie Melua, and Joss Stone sing in the same style?

Regarding Lisa Ekdahl. Not a hottie, but I got most of her CDs, and really like her. (But I think her Swedish albums are best.)

But if I should select a Swedish girl I'd rather choose Rebecka Törnqvist (an unofficial homepage).
And if I extend it to the other Nordic countries, Lene Marlin and Sissel Kyrkjebö are obvious choises.

None of the above fits the title "New Diva" though.

Norah Jones has a brilliant voice and some of her music is very good, though it does veer toward the bland side. Then again, I wouldn't expect heavy metal fans to understand subtly or beauty :) I really don't care whether she is beautiful or "fat as a whale", either. Isn't it about time we judged female singers on their voices and not their looks?

Diplo said:
Norah Jones has a brilliant voice and some of her music is very good, though it does veer toward the bland side. Then again, I wouldn't expect heavy metal fans to understand subtly or beauty :) I really don't care whether she is beautiful or "fat as a whale", either. Isn't it about time we judged female singers on their voices and not their looks?

I thought the thread was about divas? That description certainly includes the visuals, to me anyway ;)

While metal is my favorite music, I'm in no way heavy fan only. I listen to pretty much every kind of music, except country/folk music.

It's not about the genre, I just think she's nothing special, and nowhere near being a diva like, say, Annie Lennox.

None of those will ever be Divas. They're just not gay enough, and the only people to care about Divas (the real ones, like Mariah, Whitney, Madonna, Diana Ross, Patty Labelle) are gays. Without us, they would not be where they are now.
Also, it takes a looong time and lots and lots of attitude to be a Diva. Trust me on this one.
Also, in theory, Divas should only be the ones with fantastic voices, and a whole grandeur to them, which is something i can't say about those teenagers...

Beyonce will get there, IMHO.

Not a fan of hers, but maybe Christina Aguilera too.

Back