New Diva's

Christina Scabbia of Italy's Lacuna Coil:

christina.jpg

Diplo said:
Norah Jones has a brilliant voice and some of her music is very good, though it does veer toward the bland side. Then again, I wouldn't expect heavy metal fans to understand subtly or beauty :) I really don't care whether she is beautiful or "fat as a whale", either. Isn't it about time we judged female singers on their voices and not their looks?

Sure everyone listens to Opera... :p

L233 said:
Sage said:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9771155/

Looks like a creepy, androgynous alien.

a) thats my art you're talking about

b) that's a pic of my friend (whom I have more-than-friendly intentions with)

Sage said:

Look, I am sure she's pretty and all but I guess you can make everyone look like a creepy androgynous alien when you take a black and white pic, apply some smoothen filters and then photochop creepy, dead, neon-blue eyes into it.

L233 said:
Sage said:

Look, I am sure she's pretty and all but I guess you can make everyone look like a creepy androgynous alien when you take a black and white pic, apply some smoothen filters and then photochop creepy, dead, neon-blue eyes into it.

pic is not pure black and white, it still has some saturation (looks a lot better than pure black and white) and those eyes were not photochopped. they were modified but are still based on the original eyes.

oh yeah and i think the pic is absolutely beautiful, and she "fell in love with it" 8)

:oops:

Sage, your taste and mine are, like, soooo different. But at least we'll never be competing for girls... :)

rabidrabbit said:
A "z" on the name does give you some +diva points.

Yep. Seems not to be working for Chriztina Aguileraz and Britney Zpearz though.

Jay-Z made it. Catherine Z Jones, way too obvious... the Z has to be IN the name..... :rolleyes: ;)

sage:
She's a friends of yours, and that puts her in a completely different cathegory for several reasons. For instance, you know that she looks like that (or close to that) on a ordinary day, without the help of a proffessional make up artist. And when you see her, you also see the personality you like. Those things will make her prettier. But not for us who don't know her.

So my (cold?) classification would be: hot chick - nope, nice girlfriend look - yes.

rabidrabbit:
Agree completely.
Being a Diva is more about being good at your stuff, and thinking that you're better than everyone else with such a confidence that others think it too.
And that pretty much removes the artists I proposed form the list, since they seem far too nice for that.

And back to Norah Jones:
I finaly found a CD with her, and as usual I buy it in faith without listening to it, knowing that I've heard some realy nice songs from her. (I got to stop doing that.) Those songs weren't on the album, and the songs that were there weren't quite up to the same heights as the songs I've heard earlier.
There were some good songs in there, and I haven't listened enough to it for the final verdict. But I can at least say that I understand those who'd call the "Feels Like Home" album bland.

And (Oh the Horror), there were some COUNTRY in there!!!! :oops:

The Lacuna Coil woman is HOT! I love the video for "swamped", its a legs thing but just WOW. I have very varied tastes :D

Basic said:
sage:
She's a friends of yours, and that puts her in a completely different cathegory for several reasons. For instance, you know that she looks like that (or close to that) on a ordinary day, without the help of a proffessional make up artist. And when you see her, you also see the personality you like. Those things will make her prettier. But not for us who don't know her.

So my (cold?) classification would be: hot chick - nope, nice girlfriend look - yes.

well she's an internet frind who just happens to live in Austin which is a few hours from here. so, I haven't actually met her. and the reason that I first talked to her was because I thought she was the most beautiful woman i've ever seen.

btw I live with a former victoria's secret model and, although I'd shag her rotten, I don't think she's really that special.

Back