New 'ATI' slides showing marketing information, post X1000 launch

No, but I do have my Fudo signed by someone at ATI (hi Matt!) (seriously, coolest geek object ever) and my Raptor (sort of) by someone else ;)

Need Fudo, sireric and Joe Macri (even though that means missing off so many other people) to sign the other edges of the shim on the chip package methinks.

icon14.gif
the guy with the coolest e-pen1s, right there
icon14.gif

It's a dead A11 revision chip package, non working and never mounted on a board.

Rys said:
It's a dead A11 revision chip package, non working and never mounted on a board.
Freaked me out for a second, I thought I missed that the R520 had sockets for the GPUs.... :???:

Still a most excellent keepsake, I'm jealous.
yep.gif

Sometimes I wonder how far inquirer slips into the dimension of anti reality. Right now Nvidia has "no" reason to be panicked.

ChrisRay said:
Sometimes I wonder how far inquirer slips into the dimension of anti reality. Right now Nvidia has "no" reason to be panicked.
Well, "no" is a bit of a big word, they went from "supreme ruler" to "overall faster product line"

I actually never felt Nvidia was in a "Supreme" ruler situation. Just a 3 and half month advantage to getting a first 2005 product to market. Unlike the FX series I dont see any clear "You need to panic" situations for either company right now.

ChrisRay said:
I actually never felt Nvidia was in a "Supreme" ruler situation. Just a 3 and half month advantage to getting a first 2005 product to market. Unlike the FX series I dont see any clear "You need to panic" situations for either company right now.

ati and nv are playing cahoots, there will never be any clear performance leader no matter how much we want it.. unless someone really cocks up with the sm4 cards.. but.. we've seen it for years.. it just won't happen..

ChrisRay said:

I would imagine if they were talking to their AIB partners it would have been more about their plans for competition to R580, as those tend to be forward-looking conversations. But "Crisis" was certainly over the top, as I suggested originally.

7800 with 512mb of ram at 500mhz... (there abouts)

Is likely to put a beatdown on the 1800XT.

Then all this *efficiency* talk is going to be shown for the rubbish it is.

Hellbinder said:
7800 with 512mb of ram at 500mhz... (there abouts)

Is likely to put a beatdown on the 1800XT.

Then all this *efficiency* talk is going to be shown for the rubbish it is.
MY WORLD JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE ANYMORE!!!!! :oops:

Aw, come on, "disappointed f*nboy turns vicious" is not all that unknown, is it? It's a variation on "Hell hath no fury. . ." Or is "akin" the word-of-the-week for that hereabouts? :p

geo said:
Aw, come on, "disappointed f*nboy turns vicious" is not all that unknown, is it? It's a variation on "Hell hath no fury. . ." Or is "akin" the word-of-the-week for that hereabouts? :p
I was thinking along the lines of the "reformed prostitute"

But anyway, (wow this is evil and out of character for me...) I think it is just a show basically, so when Hellbinder talks up ATI again in the future no one can call him a f*nboy... did I write that. I did well sorry, if it isn't so feel free to say so...

(they took f an boy out?)

Last edited by a moderator:
geo said:
Friend of mine does that with his favorite football team all the time. When they win, it's great. But when they lose, they suddenly become the "worst team in the league."

Back