New 'ATI' slides showing marketing information, post X1000 launch

trinibwoy said:
I was thinking that at first. But the MSRP/StreetPrice comparison changed my mind. Why would OEM's care about that in the first place?
I didn't say this particular presentation was for an OEM. Public perception of value always matters. An AIB might care.
The trend has been for these type of presentations to lose official symbols of origin - esp when leaked to the net. Plausible deniability...?

jvd said:
No 3dfx was powerfull in life and unstoppable in death. The rampage would have been better than the r520 thats how uber it was

"Ask ev'ry person if he's heard the story,
And tell it strong and clear if he has not,
That once there was a fleeting wisp of glory
Called Ca-me-lot."

jvd said:
No 3dfx was powerfull in life and unstoppable in death. The rampage would have been better than the r520 thats how uber it was

The sad part is, I am sure that there are real people out there who belive that Fear would have been more powerfull then twin G70 and twin R520 setups combined.

"Deny a man his right to dream and you deny him his kingdom, from foundations to tallest tower."

Geeforcer said:
The sad part is, I am sure that there are real people out there who belive that Fear would have been more powerfull then twin G70 and twin R520 setups combined.

Dude, start using terms like SLI and Crossfire!

Every time I read the word "Twin" I think of something hot and sexy other than a video card... :(

neliz said:
Dude, start using terms like SLI and Crossfire!

Every time I read the word "Twin" I think of something hot and sexy other than a video card... :(
You're one of those Olsen Twins fans, aren't you :LOL:

On topic, I thought everyone was used to those kind of "presentations" till now, why even bother with them?

As long as I can't download it from ati's site or get it handed over by an Ati employee.. I doubt it's anything close to official..

same way goes for nv btw.

Yeah, I saw the NVnews one, handily avoiding XT on pricing/availability grounds --I'm sure that's the only reason why; I mean if GTX spanked it too I'm sure they still wouldn't have included it. :LOL:

At first I thot "well, they did, as mentioned, do it last time." But then using the website logos that way made the spidey-sense go off --NV PR loves doing that, and claiming it is for "internal documents only" in a weak attempt to tiptoe around copyright issues.

geo said:
Yeah, I saw the NVnews one, handily avoiding XT on pricing/availability grounds --I'm sure that's the only reason why; I mean if GTX spanked it too I'm sure they still wouldn't have included it. :LOL:
Which kinda makes sense, considering the GTX (current one, at least) isn't really NVIDIA's part that's going to compete against the XT, strictly speaking... But heh.

Uttar

Uttar said:
Which kinda makes sense, considering the GTX (current one, at least) isn't really NVIDIA's part that's going to compete against the XT, strictly speaking... But heh.

Uttar

So the 512mb gtx WILL compete with the XT?

Uttar said:

Uttar

Reasonable point, as the tea leaves do read that way. You can sort of sense NV PR vibrating like a tuning fork between "the hard launch" mantra and "but, but, but, we're gonna have another part too!". :LOL: I suspect the new model causes them heartburn at times.

geo said:
Reasonable point, as the tea leaves do read that way. You can sort of sense NV PR vibrating like a tuning fork between "the hard launch" mantra and "but, but, but, we're gonna have another part too!". :LOL: I suspect the new model causes them heartburn at times.

if R580 taped out a couple of weeks later than the XT rev... it would be nice to see nV launch a 512mb 7900 to combat a R580.. amazing prodcut schedule's...

_xxx_ said:
ROTFL!!! Who needs comedy sites when we have TheInq...

Gotta wonder if a bit of that is newshound jujitsu. When the rocket arrives, he blandly notes "Oh, really? Sorry. If only I'd have been more in the loop these regrettable mistakes wouldn't happen . . ." :LOL:

You've never heard the political wisdom "It is better to have them on the inside of the tent p*ssing out, than on the outside of the tent p*ssing in"? ;)

Back