Need for Speed (2015)

I wasn't but thanks for that, now there's no way i am going to buy this game unless it gets excessively good reviews.

If the game only takes place at twilight/nights, then this is not going to be for me because that's way too depressing. Or at the very least boring. If you really don't want to do dynamic time of day, then at least bake some daytime geometry as well for contrast.

Lighting is pretty amazing in the game (it's up on EA access). Frostbite engine used nicely.

I tried to take some screens but I dont seem allowed to share them from my Xbox. Maybe some pre release games do this? *shrug*.

Anyways the screens have a tremendous amount of grain, more than it looks like in motion. Maybe it's a bug.

I'm far from an expert but, it looks native res to me? But I could be wrong. Curious as it's a real looker.

As far as the game I'm not into drivers, just checked it out for the GFX. Definitely looks like trying to be Fast and Furious the game (though to be fair I guess the series has been around a long time)

Here's a video of the EA access, you too can watch the cringe inducing cutscenes and the nice lighting

First few reviews are up, as i expected always online feels more like a gimmick than a necessity for the game. Guess that's one way of having a DRM for the eventual PC release.

I am still waiting for a Need for Speed game that makes me feel like the first ever NFS, which was my first ever PC game, and Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit.

My last Need for Speed game was Need for Speed Rivals for the X1, and I didn't get hooked. I still have the disc somewhere taking dust, sigh...
Best speed game for console X1 and
Arts, the source for the highest rated and exciting titles like Need for Speed The Run.

weird stuff in terms of texture quality? saw this on gaf

18i0BeD.gif

Odd that I think the PS4 version is more aesthetically pleasing. I'm ignorant of the technical differences though.

I personally agree. Of course i haven't seen the original asphalt, but the PS4 version looks nicer in this case.

I too though the Xbox version was a bit too noisy, but then just yesterday I went out at night and the street was all wet much like in NFS, and sure enough, it looks very noisy in real life too. The wet layer really brings out a lot tiny of highlights all over the street. It looked a lot closer to what the xbone is doing. PS4 looks more like concrete pavement, or, VERY new asphalt.

Missing normalmap bug? Surely PS4 would have enough memory to load these assets?
Frostbite uses splatting to create a virtual texture for a ground, so it doesn't really use huge amounts of memory.
Could be either not writing normal information to virtual texture during splatting or for some reason not writing it to G-buffer?

I too though the Xbox version was a bit too noisy, but then just yesterday I went out at night and the street was all wet much like in NFS, and sure enough, it looks very noisy in real life too. The wet layer really brings out a lot tiny of highlights all over the street. It looked a lot closer to what the xbone is doing. PS4 looks more like concrete pavement, or, VERY new asphalt.

I think the PS4 one looks more aesthetically correct in that instance is because it's more consistent with the parts next to it - mainlyl white bumper (which would be the same surface and lacks the bumpiness) and that bumper thingy to prevent the cars driving over its parking field (or whatever you call it). I think overall, an image looks more pleasing and "correct" if it's consistent. A lower poly scene would look better than one that is identical with one or two highly detailed objects in it. Or in this example; A relatively bumpy surface with parts that are perfectly flat - vs one that is rather flat overall.

Back