Namco Bandai President Says Sony PS3 Spring Start `Impossible'

Joe DeFuria said:
Why do people think that a delay on the order of 3-6 months should mean spec changes? There's as much of a chance of specs changing negatively (things being dropped to get production going) as there is positive spec changes.

The assumption should be that specs aren't moving anywhere...not that we have and finalized / official specs to begin with...

Because we are hoping that if we have to wait for the PS3 to come out (due Sony lying "if" it is delayed a few months) we want something in return. A spec increase or a $349 or lower price would be sufficent.

I'd rather have a lower price if anything. The specs are great as it is, no need to f*** it up by changing the specs mid drift.

Seriously, a delay won't be the end of the world, but this Holiday season will be insane with Revolution and PS3 released. If the delay is to be true.

I don't know why everyone should expect this or that. The thing is coming out in the next couple of months. Who cares if the PS3 is a month or two (or even 3) off the mark? It's better to get it right than to botch the hell out of the launch. IMO as long as it's released in 2006 in Japan and NA, everything will be fine and everyone will forget all the silly whining going on prior to launch.

Anyone with a chip on his/her shoulder over this 'delay' should really get out more.

A lower price would really surprise me. Sony knows they'll sell them all at $399.

Any 'profit' they make by launching later would go into their own pockets IMHO.

mckmas8808 said:
Because we are hoping that if we have to wait for the PS3 to come out (due Sony lying "if" it is delayed a few months) we want something in return. A spec increase or a $349 or lower price would be sufficent.

I just don't get this mentality. Sony doesn't owe you anything "in return" for their being a delay. Is that what you really think they're contemplating? It is possible for the price to be lower than it would have otherwise...but not because they think you are owed something...it would be because they believe they wouldn't be able to compete at the higher price.

Nesh said:
Actually this makes you wonder if they are hiding something huge we dont know about.But shouldnt they try to "advertise" their console since its only a few months away from spring launch?

the very fact that people are talking about the PS3 is advertising in of itself ;-)

Joe DeFuria said:
I just don't get this mentality. Sony doesn't owe you anything "in return" for their being a delay. Is that what you really think they're contemplating? It is possible for the price to be lower than it would have otherwise...but not because they think you are owed something...it would be because they believe they wouldn't be able to compete at the higher price.

No they don't owe us anything. It's just people like me and many others that want something extra if a delay happens. If not a spec increase, then at least a decent low price (ie $399 or less), or maybe even 50+ launch window games.

Back