Sony Posts Loss as Bravia TV, PlayStation Sales Slump

It's not rocket science here look at the DS, the PSP, the PS2 and PS1 so on and so forth. The fact of the matter is there is always a sales spike with the release of a new model because there will always be some part of the market that has to have the new one because it looks different or could possibly be better in some way.

There wil be a noticeable spike the first month price drop or no. The only way there wouldn't be is if it was some crazy reason even more expensive.

Yes I know I couldn't find a job when home from college and not sure I'll get one in my field when I graduate next spring. But that is already factored in to present sales so it would still spike and it might even be more noticeable due to the lower volumes.

I'm not positive about that. Myself I'm bracing for one of the worst holiday shopping seasons of the past half century. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I've already had people mention to me that they are concerned about whether they'll be able to budget gifts for family and friends and perhaps either just doing cards without gifts or cutting certain people out.

And there's a few people I know that have stopped all luxury purchases in the past couple months and started funneling everything they can into savings just in case their business is the next to falter. Talking about how they need to make sure they have enough to feed the family, pay the mortgage, etc. if things get worse.

Regards,
SB

Sony (and anyone who thinks the same) is delusional if they think they can ship more than 3 million PS3s this quarter.

Sony knows how much inventory is in the channel. They'll do their projection based on historic trend adjusted according to the economic outlook and forecasted demand. They may be off, but they are not crazy or delusional. A lot of money is involved here.

Sony (and anyone who thinks the same) is delusional if they think they can ship more than 3 million PS3s this quarter.

Shipping doesn´t necessarily mean Selling .

A lot of stuff will be on board boats or in storehouses in order to supply the holiday season. It´s not like they manufacture the stuff for the holiday season just the month before it starts. In fact they often start building the inventory for the holiday season already in June or even earlier.

after only shipping 1.1 million ps3's last quarter
the 'news' is they will be shipping >3 million this quarter.
Looks like the ps3 slim (or at least a pricecut) is close

3.2 million to be exact
But what would I know Im apparently delusional :)

shipped.png

Back