Motorstorm 2

deepbrown, I'd like to know Evolution's direction or opinion on Sony's initiatives like Playstation Home and user generated content. Will we see those in MotorStorm ? in what ways ?

Also, please thank them on my behalf for creating such a wonderful game.

Wait, are you getting the opportunity to talk to some folks at Evolution Studios deepbrown?

No, it's just for my personal collection of questions I like to ask myself when I pretend I'm a developer. ;)

Edit: I've been told you have to post your questions here, http://www.gamezine.co.uk/features/game-types/driving-and-racing/motorstorm-speaks-ask-evolution-studios-$1250313.htm, and its only one question per person.

Edit: Arwin, I'm gonna ask one of your questions, so you can ask another one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I noticed your questions on that site. ;) I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime I was just wondering the other day how much time I put into this game already when the 'time sink' trophy popped up. :D (which means 10 hours). Tonight I had a casual friend over (female colleague and friend of my wife's) and after a bit of driving around in time trial we had a lot of fun messing around in the split-screen. Split screen for 2 player still looks amazingly good (4 player not so much though) and framerate is still excellent, and we had an aweful lot of fun. Thanks, thanks, thanks for motion control and it still being in or it just wouldn't have worked.

We also played with the Pulp Fiction soundtrack in the background, which has some very suitable songs. :D

Heh Heh ! You guys seem to be having a lot of fun, and any game that gets lady friends over to your house is bound to be good ;) !
I seem to have missed on the oppurtunity at the moment as I couldn't resist buying Siren:New Translation when I went to my Gameshop, thus spending the money I was to spend on MS2. He didn't have MS2 in stock at the moment(Sold out) and I couldn't leave without Siren (Its still rare to see Siren Blu-Ray in India)!

Looks like I will have to pick it up later in trading posts, when someone decides to sell it !
(I will sure miss it till then :( )

Rank 8 reached and boy is the A.I brutal!!!! Not winning yet, just bronze and silvers. 3 or 4 races left in each section.

I got this game recently too. And I have to say it is surprisingly good. The graphics on some of the maps are just amazing. A couple times going through the jungle I thought "wow this is even better than the chase sequence in Uncharted"

Also very very hard. Probably like Wipeout once I have played it enough to memorize the tracks it will get much easier.

Game is insanely difficult.

...and I love it.

Can't wait to dig into it more. Heard the game shipped 1 Mil world wide, GJ Evolution :)

I hate the speed races. I find it very difficult to get 1st or 2nd place. Believe me. Once you get closer to the end, your going to have to replay those races again in order to gain enough points to unlock the next sets of races.

It's unbelievable fun, but very frustrating once you get closer to the end.

As per the last 2 posts, the last 4 events of each area is VERY difficult!!! Still, not everygame has to be finished in a day!

Just saw it for 41.99 euro on play.com for whomever hasn't got this game yet. ;)

I love this game. Wonder what they'll have for downloadable content - personally I'm hoping for some crazy multiplayer bonus games.

MotorStorm 2 patched: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...ific-rift-game-update-just-around-the-corner/

* Restrictions to the copying of Saved Data have been removed. This will make it possible for Saved Data to be backed up and then restored to the User Account it was created under (whether that’s on the same PLAYSTATION 3 or not).*

* Changes to the way the game handles data. These changes will help to prevent Saved Data corruption.

* Visual notification of critical save progress has been added. A ‘MotorStorm Helmet’ icon will be displayed on-screen to warn users that critical data is being saved. This is in addition to the HDD Access light which currently flashes while the game makes a critical save.

* The glitch which enables a player to exploit the Boost system has been removed. The development team are working to identify which times have been achieved using this glitch; Action will be taken to ensure that the Leaderboards become genuinely competitive again.

* Time Attack times and Rank information will update correctly for all players. Any pending Time Attack times will begin to filter through systematically and the online Ranks should display correctly once the update is released.

* Additional fixes and improvements to gameplay. Many thanks for your feedback on these and other issues so far; we are still investigating the other issues that have been brought to our attention.

This was one of the games that prevented me from manually backing up my save files. Thank god, not anymore.

I am actually quite shocked to hear that there are games that do link the PS3 id with the save files. That's just wrong IMO.

Back