MotoGp 2006 Screens - XBOX 360

Looks to me like they need to tone some effects down like the normal or bump mapping on the rider and add motion blur. It does look great.

this thread kinda reminds me of the gran turismo realism comparisons. i.e. many ps2 fans claiming photorealism, other claiming not at all. but in truth some shots did look photorealistic, others simply didnt.

Dr. Nick said:
Looks to me like they need to tone some effects down like the normal or bump mapping on the rider and add motion blur. It does look great.

It's probably coming, the xbox 1 version had motion blur, they might have disabled it because it hides the details in screen shots

pegisys said:
It's probably coming, the xbox 1 version had motion blur, they might have disabled it because it hides the details in screen shots

or they could have an extremely fast shutter speed for photo mode. :p

Jawed said:
This comparison shows why HDR rendering often looks badly wrong.

Why has the blue of the Konica-Minolta Logo changed to cyan? Poor-quality HDR lighting calculations.

Jawed

I wonder though if it is the HDR. Even the little "blue" mark on his pants goes more towards the cyan although it is not lit like the "blue" on the back, and none of the blues on the bike have turned into cyan...

This just reconfirms that I /can't stand/ graphics that strive to be "photorealistic."

My response could only be described as listless. Look amazing, for sure, but I couldn't care less about wanting to play a game that looks like that.

Serenity Painted Death said:
This just reconfirms that I /can't stand/ graphics that strive to be "photorealistic."

My response could only be described as listless. Look amazing, for sure, but I couldn't care less about wanting to play a game that looks like that.

So do you want devs to make games look fake? Do you want all games to have cell shaded graphics? o_O

I want graphics that have the fidelity of "real life" yet do not try to imitate it so exactly. I suppose a sufficient analogy would to be stylized movies like Sin City.

Killzone would never be mistaken for "real life" and those graphics appeal to me 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x more than those MotoGP graphics (and yes I'm aware that the game won't look like that, I'm just illustrating).

The biggest beef I've had with all the MotoGP games is the animation of the riders (and to a certain degree, the bikes too); yes, the images look fantastic but the shots suggest that once more the developers are using a standard animation model for all of the riders, and it is one that just doesn't look right. Ask anybody who races or has raced bikes and they'll tell you the same thing.

Animators, animators, animators, animators, animators...wish that was a priority for next-gen.

Alstrong said:
Animators, animators, animators, animators, animators...wish that was a priority for next-gen.

YES!!! Some people actually gets it. Woo-Hoo!!

Imagine Gears of War with 10/10 great animation.:oops:

Impossible* said:
motogp3_compare.jpg
I agree, ithis game is nothing short of amazing.
If it wasn't for the background, I wouldn't be able to tell the real from the game.

Those are the odl screens, came out about 2 months ago. There's a thread about them on this very forum.

You can tell the difference right away. New screens have bumpmapping on the rider, selfshadowing and much better lighting on the bike, not to mention extremely smooth wheels.

Look here for all the new screens:
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2403_en.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if anybody could come close to something like that this generation, my money would be on Polyphony Digital or maybe Blizzard Creations. but thats another story ;)

Back