Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
would be interesting if ms makes (native/true) 4k mean more than just resolution.
what i mean by that is, start saying 4k assets, etc.
that way they can say even checker boarding with 4k assets is a bigger difference than just native 4k or 4k checker boarding.
make it that even at lower native res, due to assets it's truer 4k.

they can have couple 3p explain how using 4k assets and checker boarding, gives superior output for their title. Which highlights that ms is letting 3p do what they want.

hopefully fps will have a presence also.

obviously show 1080p stuff and the difference on those displays.

I like your idea, but most people do not understand "assets", that is why MS in their promotional material used "We have uncompressed pixels, those are the highest quality pixels that anyone has ever seen". They won't bore people with technical mumbo jumbo like Cerny.

would be interesting if ms makes (native/true) 4k mean more than just resolution.
Interesting? Redefining a term so it means something completely different to what it originally meant, meaning you aren't beholden to the original meaning? 'Interesting' is one word for that...

Apparently in one of the Cambridge University colleges, a new incumbent wanted to keep his two dogs, but the rules forbade any pets except cats. Faced with the incumbent refusing the position, the legal professors what asked what could be done as they couldn't change the rules to allow dogs (probably tradition and whatnot). To whit the professor replied, "oh that's easy - just classify his dogs as cats." Seeing as 'cat' wasn't expressly described in the rules, there was nothing to say that the incumbent's pets weren't cats.

So there's definitely precedent for defining 'true 4k rendering with uncompressed pixels' as 'checkboard 4k reconstruction' :p

If MS can come out with titles , esp cross platform titles running at native 4k 60fps then they will get their message across. The crown jewel will be if the ps4 pro can't run them in the same way or are doing 1080p checker board.

Interesting? Redefining a term so it means something completely different to what it originally meant, meaning you aren't beholden to the original meaning? 'Interesting' is one word for that...

Apparently in one of the Cambridge University colleges, a new incumbent wanted to keep his two dogs, but the rules forbade any pets except cats. Faced with the incumbent refusing the position, the legal professors what asked what could be done as they couldn't change the rules to allow dogs (probably tradition and whatnot). To whit the professor replied, "oh that's easy - just classify his dogs as cats." Seeing as 'cat' wasn't expressly described in the rules, there was nothing to say that the incumbent's pets weren't cats.

So there's definitely precedent for defining 'true 4k rendering with uncompressed pixels' as 'checkboard 4k reconstruction' :p
:LOL:
guess i mean not just keep saying "native" as already 4k also includes checker boarding etc
expand 4k to include assets, not just cb or res.
they could just keep saying 4k assets, but just as easy to make it an umbrella term, or make up their own.
4k ultra quality, 4kuq :runaway:
I like your idea, but most people do not understand "assets", that is why MS in their promotional material used "We have uncompressed pixels, those are the highest quality pixels that anyone has ever seen". They won't bore people with technical mumbo jumbo like Cerny.
if this is being done by DF, it's going to be technical, otherwise better of doing it with ign.
nothing stopping them having promotional material for the laymen/general news sites

If MS can come out with titles , esp cross platform titles running at native 4k 60fps then they will get their message across. The crown jewel will be if the ps4 pro can't run them in the same way or are doing 1080p checker board.
For several reasons not possible.
A) there won't be compare videos at reveal :)
B) DF would need a 3P pro and Scorpio version to compare
c) the crown jewel would be that Scorpio is noticeably better. Anything less than this would make 4Pro a better value
D) revealing with a large enhanced library would be a good selling point for purchasers as well

c) the crown jewel would be that Scorpio is noticeably better. Anything less than this would make 4Pro a better value
D) revealing with a large enhanced library would be a good selling point for purchasers as well

People will whip up compare videos as soon as they show off any footage. 4k only on Scorpio will be a big deal. Running in 4k native would make the scorpio a better value. I also believe they will have a large enhanced library. Sony has already been doing the work for MS

if it's pre recorded and not live, DF would have about 3 comparison videos and stories up 5 min later.
as long as there's 3p Scorpio enhanced current games.
me:a for example.

in fact wouldn't even need to be pre recorded. They could give them early access to capture footage.

With DF youtube videos most of the time you can't even tell between native 4K and chequer boarding unless they enlarge it to 200 to 400% comparison videos won't have a big impact

People will whip up compare videos as soon as they show off any footage. 4k only on Scorpio will be a big deal. Running in 4k native would make the scorpio a better value. I also believe they will have a large enhanced library. Sony has already been doing the work for MS
Yea but that's like home brew :) besides I don't think this an official reveal. MS would have sent pressers an invite by now.

It's gonna be E3. This seems like all hardware talk.

if it's pre recorded and not live, DF would have about 3 comparison videos and stories up 5 min later.
as long as there's 3p Scorpio enhanced current games.
me:a for example.
Ehhhhh.
I mean this is a case of maybes.

I will say that MS deciding to go with DF to present Scorpio is a fantastic idea. HDR and 4K and features are extremely difficult to portray on screen, and we saw what happened when Sony tried.

This article "hopefully" by DF and officially sanctioned will provide all the article and tech fodder needed to answer those burning questions so that they can focus on XBOX the platform and games for E3. Not expecting a compare footage unless MS provided 3rd party game footage to accompany.

I don't think journalists have hands on with the device yet. I could be wrong.

Ehhhhh.
I mean this is a case of maybes.

I will say that MS deciding to go with DF to present Scorpio is a fantastic idea. HDR and 4K and features are extremely difficult to portray on screen, and we saw what happened when Sony tried.

This article "hopefully" by DF and officially sanctioned will provide all the article and tech fodder needed to answer those burning questions so that they can focus on XBOX the platform and games for E3. Not expecting a compare footage unless MS provided 3rd party game footage to accompany.

I don't think journalists have hands on with the device yet. I could be wrong.
yea, I'm talking from a sanctioned ms event point of view.
if it is sanctioned then ms could give them access obviously.
it could be an inspired move for all the reasons you've given.
if it's not sanctioned, i almost feel like saying serves them right for taking so long lol

yea, I'm talking from a sanctioned ms event point of view.
if it is sanctioned then ms could give them access obviously.
it could be an inspired move for all the reasons you've given.
if it's not sanctioned, i almost feel like saying serves them right for taking so long lol
With all the rumours swirling around. It's possible that MS split up the reveal to multiple outlets. Maybe DF gets the technical stuff. maybe Eurogamer gets some footage of gaming stuff. Maybe IGN gets footages of other gaming stuff.

Lots of ways that this could play out. Outlets all receive pieces to report on and everyone reports all on the same day to get maximum impact. They can't really leak news except their own in this way, so they would be in trouble for breaking their own NDA.

That might be why there are no leaks :)
Lots of little information split up among the journalists. As a whole the story is told. Everyone stays in check, and everyone reports at the same time.

Yea but that's like home brew :) besides I don't think this an official reveal. MS would have sent pressers an invite by now.

It's gonna be E3. This seems like all hardware talk.
eh most of the gaming press is in CA . Just send out an invite a week before. I don't think they need months in advance. Also if they get out ahead of E3 they can dominate the news cycle for however long they have between the announcement and E3. Then at e3 the can have other games and announcements. But I guess we will see soon enough

eh most of the gaming press is in CA . Just send out an invite a week before. I don't think they need months in advance. Also if they get out ahead of E3 they can dominate the news cycle for however long they have between the announcement and E3. Then at e3 the can have other games and announcements. But I guess we will see soon enough
the timing is right for a ramp up, I don't disagree. Ramp it all the way up to, and MS goes first for E3 on Sunday. It could be quite a long news cycle around Scorpio. Hopefully people aren't bored by E3.

Mods: Can we do predictions in this thread? I feel like we're at the cusp right before all the news comes out and everything becomes obvious.

Mods: Can we do predictions in this thread? I feel like we're at the cusp right before all the news comes out and everything becomes obvious.

Maybe a new thread for immediate level predictions for first week of April reveal Predictions or do you mean longer timeframe such as a Pre-E3 reveal Predictions? That way it's separated and nicely disposable when (if) it happens?

Maybe a new thread for immediate level predictions for first week of April reveal Predictions or do you mean longer timeframe such as a Pre-E3 reveal Predictions? That way it's separated and nicely disposable when (if) it happens?
Sure, we can do a separate one for E3.
So for April maybe we can do Scorpio Hardware Prediction:
CPU Architecture
GPU Architecture
RAM Amount and Speeds
Hard Drive Size and Speed
Secret Sauce (if any)
How BC with Xbox One native programs are handled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back