Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a Quantum Break update, but it seems very doubtful. Don't think the game sold well enough to warrant a re-visit, but maybe Scorpio buyers would take a look at it if it was patched.

The one x is going to be niche for a while, so you might argue thoes fans will also have the less blockbuster games making it worthwhile.

Straw poll of one.
I would like an X and have QB.

Plus I assume QB is semi scalable already as it had a PC release.

One thing I'd like to see is CD Projekt Red do something for XBO-T and PS4-P for the Witcher 3. On PC they have a history of doing major technology updates to the rendering engine for the Witcher series (1 and 2) whenever there was a major update to DirectX. It'd be nice to see them do something similar for the consoles now that both of them have gotten a significant update even if it's not exactly the same as major updates to DirectX. IE - consoles mostly just got a power bump and not the introduction of a host of new capabilities ala major DX bumps in addition to a performance bump due to new hardware using those capabilities..

Regards,
SB

I think they're pretty much done with the game. At best they'll tweak the settings if there's headroom after the resolution upgrade.

If they up the resolution and provide hdr, I will be happy. Witcher seems like the type of game that would do well with a good implementation of HDR.

Last edited:
they've confirmed a 4pro & 1X patch.
I believe they said in the past that they had no interest in going back to it to patch it, so I'm not expecting much more than a rez bump.
I don't remember seeing many/any 4pro patches with a straight rez bump though, so maybe they have implemented cbr?

Wonder if they will offer a 2TB version...would be kinda weird to offer it with the S but not this...
Fairly positive they will. I'm sticking with the base storage size though, external offers significantly cheaper value. Though... without testing which is faster (1X internal vs 1X external) it's hard to know. We still have very little information on that front, and from what we understand, HDD is sped up on 1X over 1S

Fairly positive they will. I'm sticking with the base storage size though, external offers significantly cheaper value. Though... without testing which is faster (1X internal vs 1X external) it's hard to know. We still have very little information on that front, and from what we understand, HDD is sped up on 1X over 1S

Yeah I just don't like using add-ons...I just like everything clean looking/in one unit. Which is why I appreciate the ability to easily upgrade the internal drive on PS4.

1TB would be fine but with EA Access I can see at least 6 Xbox One games on that alone that I would download...2TB would allow you to go a while without having to delete anything..

Yeah I just don't like using add-ons...I just like everything clean looking/in one unit. Which is why I appreciate the ability to easily upgrade the internal drive on PS4.

1TB would be fine but with EA Access I can see at least 6 Xbox One games on that alone that I would download...2TB would allow you to go a while without having to delete anything..
heh, yea I feel that. But if games are coming in over 100GB because of high resolution assets, then, even 2TB isn't going to last. 3-5TB seems to be the sweet spot.

heh, yea I feel that. But if games are coming in over 100GB because of high resolution assets, then, even 2TB isn't going to last. 3-5TB seems to be the sweet spot.

I think an average of 75GB per game overall is still conservative taking into account non enhanced Xbox One games and 360 games especially...

I think you get around 1.6TB of free space on 2TB Xbox One S...that would be about 21 games @~75GB.

I think an average of 75GB per game overall is still conservative taking into account non enhanced Xbox One games and 360 games especially...

I think you get around 1.6TB of free space on 2TB Xbox One S...that would be about 21 games @~75GB.
Hmm. Maybe. Yea it might be enough. I think F7 is 100GB. And h5 is already 100GB without high resolution textures. I do recall when gears also got close to the 100GB mark. I do think that not all games will break the 100GB barrier, but I think it's going to be more common. 2TB might be enough :). Might :)

As I said before, HUGE missed opportunity not playing into the mega power branding and shipping the X1X with 3-4 TB hard drive.

I wonder though if performance played into it? Is 1TB on 1 platter faster? Do they have >1TB platters?

Regardless I assume they will eventually produce >1 TB X1X SKU's, so yeah.

Hmm. Maybe. Yea it might be enough. I think F7 is 100GB. And h5 is already 100GB without high resolution textures. I do recall when gears also got close to the 100GB mark. I do think that not all games will break the 100GB barrier, but I think it's going to be more common. 2TB might be enough :). Might :)

Yeah some of Microsoft's new first party games seem to be alot ...but a lot of games are 50-60GB....

I wish they would have played into the pro-sumer crowd that needs no internal drive at all because they already have multiple 4TB -8TB external drives filled with tons of games.

I wish they would have played into the pro-sumer crowd that needs no internal drive at all because they already have multiple 4TB -8TB external drives filled with tons of games.

uhhh...and what would the OS be running off of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back