Microsoft XBOX (XBox One X / Project Scorpio) - Prerelease News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about latencies?
I know nothing, but all that I've heard about vr is that it has still too much latency with a cable, and now we try wireless?

The tech is for low latency wireless addressing that problem. I haven't heard that cabled VR has too much latency.

not latency induced by cable, but as sum of any step from moving the head to displaying the corresponding frame

What about latencies?

Nitero were making a lot of noise about having a low latency 60Ghz solution but I don't recall anything being shown. AMD bought Nitero either because they had tech that did have actual promise, or because they had patents on things that AMD are also pursuing.

That said, latency is the time taken to send all this data from here to here. The 57-66Ghz spectrum is obviously a very high frequency which is why the practical range for theoretical performance in this band is very short compared to what people are used to with existing 802.11xx and Bluetooth standards. It's so short range that data loss causing the need to resend packets (increasing latency) can be impacted by being 4 meters away from source rather than 2 meters. Fundamentally it'll be about the resolution and framerate and your specific environment and interference at any given instant.

A 60Ghz signal can be blocked by moving your hand/arm between transmitter and receiver. :runaway:

not latency induced by cable, but as sum of any step from moving the head to displaying the corresponding frame
Yes but it's not a problem. Current cabled VR is low enough latency thanks to thinks like last-second reprojection that VR as an experience works. Adding latency from wireless would be a problem which is where low-latency wireless is necessary.

Somebody did some concept renders of what Scorpio would like based on the new Scorpio dev kits.

UpINu91.jpg

FWTJlxD.jpg

m4k3MSz.jpg

ad1TSC8.jpg

http://m.imgur.com/a/DV9Uq

Tommy McClain

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Me too although it doesn't top the white One S for me. That's the best looking console I've ever seen.

think it looks better than the S...cleaner design due to not having the air vent holes/dimples on top part..

Last edited:
I like that there is more USB in front. For me, I like a minimum of two and was one of the questionable designs for OG X1.

does ms still charge studios for patches?
if they do, then they could say if your patching or releasing dlc for x1 game, we'll wave the fee/charge half if you raise the res on Scorpio.

don't mandate 4k, or assets or anything. if it's as easy as ms says then they will get a reasonable amount of devs taking advantage of it.

older games will look bit better anyway, and more recent ones will get an even bigger boost to graphics.
it would just add to the Scorpio library of improved games.

if they no longer charge, is there any other ways to incentivise studios?

does ms still charge studios for patches?
if they do, then they could say if your patching or releasing dlc for x1 game, we'll wave the fee/charge half if you raise the res on Scorpio.

Wouldn't that be the case anyway...for new games that are released I don't see them charging studios for the Scorpio game code...so if it's an old game why would they charge for Scorpio game code?

Wouldn't that be the case anyway...for new games that are released I don't see them charging studios for the Scorpio game code...so if it's an old game why would they charge for Scorpio game code?
that's not what I'm saying.

it's about how they could incentivise studios to up res scorpio, by reducing cost of any patch or dlc they want to release on x1.

that's not what I'm saying.

it's about how they could incentivise studios to up res scorpio, by reducing cost of any patch or dlc they want to release on x1.

Pretty sure when the One came out they publicly stated they did not charge for patches anymore.

thanks, thought that might be the case.
Couldn't remember if that was a general change, or one for indies.

That's a good point, there was lots of indie noise at launch so it could be that, Google did not give a clear indication other than indie is certainly free. As was 360 arcade during the final years of 360 but I do think I read that all game patches were now free, possibly part of the great switch flicking U-turn pr exercise.

I will hunt some more.

Somebody did some concept renders of what Scorpio would like based on the new Scorpio dev kits.

UpINu91.jpg

http://m.imgur.com/a/DV9Uq

Tommy McClain

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

vlcsnap_2017_04_06_10h02m55s399.0.jpg

If we assume the location of the dvd drive because of the devkit and combine this with the exploded components then the top white section is way to thick as it only houses the height of a 2.5inch HDD

The rumours of being smaller than the One S may be true but it could very well be a clever optical illusion with more in the hidden lower black portion but the top white section may be very svelte when the unveil it.

View attachment 1957

If we assume the location of the dvd drive because of the devkit and combine this with the exploded components then the top white section is way to thick as it only houses the height of a 2.5inch HDD

I think the motherboard is mounted on the top with the component side facing down. Look at the 5 "buttons" below the slot of the Bluray drive versus the Xbox One S teardown...

Exploded_View.jpg

Tommy McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back