Microsoft XBox One X Enhanced Games

My Alan Wake popped for a 580MB update. I thought it was going to be. Welp guess not.

But this 360 enhanced stuff is super promising. Put in the Alan Wake please!

I also wonder that, because it has to be at an engine level.

The only thing that disappointed me in that sense is that in the DF article on the OneX, one of my favourite games ever, Oblivion runs at almost 10 times the resolution of the original, but I wonder why they didn't go for 4k native -my humble RX 570 runs untweaked Oblivion at 4k 60 without a single hitch-

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-microsoft-xbox-one-x-review
I assume it is because it still needs to emulate. And emulation just isn't as efficient.

Something, something, something... texture coordinates, hard coded resolutions & anamorphic aspect ratios. :p

Gears 3 enhanced.
Seriously, this is the baseline going forward how BC should be done.

yeah that looks nice. Gears 3 held up better than I thought it would. Some of the later Xbox 360 games looked pretty good...I'd be curious to see if Halo 4 gets an update for X. The gap between it and Halo 5 might not be that big especially compared to the base XOne game.

This Youtube video doesn’t do the x version of gears 3 Justice, has to be seen on a big 4k tv to be believed.

No compressed video will do 4K justice. You have 4x more pixels that are being compressed, lots of minute detail that 4K provides is going to be loss for the sake of reducing the file size down.

I'm glad everyone is feeling this way about it. After E3 and watching on 4K LG B6. I knew there was something incredible about it. Glad to see others feel that way too. The level of fidelity is just hard to describe.

yeah that looks nice. Gears 3 held up better than I thought it would. Some of the later Xbox 360 games looked pretty good...I'd be curious to see if Halo 4 gets an update for X. The gap between it and Halo 5 might not be that big especially compared to the base XOne game.

Well you can try the H4 MCC version and Halo 5. I do think Halo 5 falls really short in IQ/resolution, even though I also think it really falls short compared to other contemporary 60fps games. I do hope Halo 6 rectifies that. Better yet, develop the campaign with 30fps in mind and multi for 60fps. Leave a 60fps campaign option for the X1X.

Well you can try the H4 MCC version and Halo 5. I do think Halo 5 falls really short in IQ/resolution, even though I also think it really falls short compared to other contemporary 60fps games. I do hope Halo 6 rectifies that. Better yet, develop the campaign with 30fps in mind and multi for 60fps. Leave a 60fps campaign option for the X1X.

I've noticed that Microsoft's 1st party titles sort of dropped the "realism" grungy military look this gen and went for a more colourful art style. Kinda disappointing actually. Halo 5 looks really "arcady/video gamey" in that sense.

Halo has always had a cartoony/colourful look. Reach and ODST were exceptions to fit the story direction. Gears progressively lost the grim dark concrete.

Of course, some cartoons look more aesthetically consistent & pleasing than others. *cough*

Halo has always had a cartoony/colourful look. Reach and ODST were exceptions to fit the story direction. Gears progressively lost the grim dark concrete.

Of course, some cartoons look more aesthetically consistent & pleasing than others. *cough*

Not sure I would totally agree with that. I only really noticed a shift around Halo 4. I mean it was never as gritty as Gears but I don't remember playing Halo 2 or 3 and thinking "this is cartoony".

edit:

eh, not to place to debate art directions. Also Ghosts of 343i shenanigans.

Last edited:
Back