Microsoft XBox One X Enhanced Games

I guess so. I was wondering cause of the wording

"The Xbox One version uses a dynamic resolution with the native resolution ranging from 800x900 to 1600x900. Some of the more demanding cutscenes on Xbox One appear to render at 1600x900 without any dynamic resolution scaling."

Did they mean "less demanding cutscenes"? Cause otherwise that doesn't appear to make sense. DF hasn't weighed in yet, but I'm sure will soon. But anyways wrong thread. But yeah MS got X1X out just in the nick apparently, otherwise they would be really hurting right now in face offs. What's weird is for Xbox One to recently seemingly take a nosedive after it was clawing back closer to parity in recent years. Maybe Devs stopped caring.

Agreed. When I first read "difference is abyssmal" I think "slim or non-existent" and not "amaze-balls" even casuals can see it.

Abysmal....deep like the abyss. In my language something abysmal is so huge and so awesome when you make a comparison that you can't go much beyond that.

Say you compare the most beautiful woman in the world with the ugliest one. The difference would be abysmal favouring the beautiful one.

So I've been messing with the One X for a bit and... wow! The design (Project Scorpio edition) looks great, the system is whisper quiet, and it's small (coming from an OG XB1).

I was playing around with Halo 5, Quantum Break, and Gears 3 and I was amazed! I saw some videos of Gears 3 and was blown away at the differences, but actually seeing it in person is a whole different experience. You could almost pass it off as a current-gen game. Halo 5 and Quantum Break also look fantastic. I'm about to load up Halo 3 and Gears 4 in a bit. But my initial impressions are positive. MS did a great job on the One X.

RDR and Halo: Reach Microsoft! Come on!

DF have now done Wolfenstien 2

4k target with dynamic Res dropping 10% from native, PS4 Pro 1440 target but dropping 10% less often. Very large pixel increase over pro massive leap over base xbox, similar imperfect frame rate and the close to pc max settings outside of Shadows and 16AF.

Memory must have been the stock Xbox achillies heal, I wonder if the results scale with memory and not ALU, seems close to that.

DF have now done Wolfenstien 2

4k target with dynamic Res dropping 10% from native, PS4 Pro 1440 target but dropping 10% less often. Very large pixel increase over pro massive leap over base xbox, similar imperfect frame rate and the close to pc max settings outside of Shadows and 16AF.

Memory must have been the stock Xbox achillies heal, I wonder if the results scale with memory and not ALU, seems close to that.

I think memory to a large extent and bandwidth play a large role in the performance of this game. The RX580 performs better than the Fury X for example.

Something else lost in this analysis is the huge difference between the X1 and the X1X.

Gotta say Cod WW II looks really damn good like wow, the use of PBR, HDR, environment density and explosions are really impressive. Mid gen consoles like PS4 Pro and to a even greater extend the X with their higher res rendering, higher res assets and iq in general are really bringing Cod to a new level especially played on a HDR tv.

Back