MIA: Killzone PS3?

The animation in that video is kind of stretching it (imo), but otherwise, I'd be surprised if they didn't come pretty close in most respects when they finally do show something.

Sorry, but if you really think that the PS3 will never ever reach the E3-target-render in realtime... well, I am laughing at you. But please, just remeber your comment. The future will tell us (YOU) the REAL story ;-)

If I got a penny everytime I heard something like that around the launch of the PS2, hell I'd have enough money to buy a PS3. :D

I find it hilarious that a good bulk of the supposed astute B3D community is so quick to judge performance of a console based on launch titles or first generation software. Okay, yes, this is all we have to go by at the moment, but history has time and again shown that developers have managed truly mind-boggling feats for each respective platform that had a decent lifespan to allow for these devs to figure things out.

Like I said before, I remember all the naysayers of the PS2 claiming what it could or could not possibly do based on what they'd seen from the "disappointing" launch titles. I couldn't believe people could be so dense but alas that is the nature of zealots. Nowadays, people still think of the PS2 as an underperforming piece of machinery when they conveniently forget that they had been wrong about the system from the get-go. None of the so called fanbois wanted to believe PS2 could handle a decent conversion of RE4, none wanted to believe it could output a progressive image and none wanted to believe that something like God of War could occur on the PS2. Time and again, these naysayers are proven wrong. So what's the rationalization this time?

This also holds true for the X360, because some on the 'other side' seem to believe that the X360 has shown all its cards while the PS3 has tons of potential. You might think this was my view but it's not. Yeah, most people reading this will think this is common knowledge but from what I read here that doesn't seem to be the case. Just because NBA 2K7 is upgraded for the PS3 says absolutely nothing about the performance of the X360 relative to Sony's hardware. I swear I cringe everytime I see such juvenile attempts to rationalize why ones system of choice is better than the other. This board is supposed to be a pretty objective place. I'm definitely a fan of the Playstation line thanks to the software that has brought me so many hours of joy, but that doesn't stop me from playing and loving all of the titles on the other consoles. Gears of War looks phenomenal, and I think its obvious to assume games will only look better as time goes on. This generation of consoles have really opened the realm of possibilities, and that which is impossible is almost impossible in itself to ascertain.

Back