Metal Gears + Zone of Enders HD Collection [PS3/360]

Why are they changing the voice overs? Whats wrong with the original ones?

That's a long and sadly rather pathetic story. Basically it's because Konami doesn't actually have the rights to the original voice actors performances. There was only verbal agreement between them for the original game. Apparently according to the law that means Konami has to pay the original voice actors for any rereleases of the game. Although the voice actor for James has since said he'll allow Konami to use his performance without being paid.

A lot of fans aren't happy with the new voice actors, and nobody wants to take the blame for whole situation. Which is where it gets rather pathetic, with Konami and the new voice actors trying to make the old voice actors look bad, and vice versa.

Transfarring only coming to Japanese versions of MGS HD:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/16/transfarring-only-coming-to-japan-versions-of-mgs-hd/

Konami better have a good explanation. I have Peace Walker on PSP. >8^(

Looks like only Japan is getting the full package:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/1...ncludes-extra-game-360-only-gets-avatar-item/

Metal Gear Solid: HD Edition in Japan includes Metal Gear Solid 2 with content from the Substance re-release and Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence. Get the PlayStation 3 version and you get a code to download Metal Gear Solid, the PsOne version, as a bonus. Since Metal Gear Solid is not available for Xbox Live Arcade, Xbox 360 owners get a mere avatar item instead.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition will be released as a separate game in Japan. That’s a picture detailing how the game looks compared to the PSP version. The PlayStation 3 package includes a code to download Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for your PSP, so you can make use of the transfarring (save data transferring) feature. The Xbox 360 version gets… another avatar item.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for North America and Europe includes Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, and Peace Walker. Since both versions include the Subsistence version MSX emulated versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 are also part of the package.

No mention of PSOne version and apparently PeaceWalker Transfarring is also not supported outside Japan ?

I probably finished SH2 20 times and I think the new voice overs are just fine. I like James' new voice in particular. (the same guy who voiced Snow in FFXIII I take it. Talented fella)

That's a long and sadly rather pathetic story. Basically it's because Konami doesn't actually have the rights to the original voice actors performances. There was only verbal agreement between them for the original game. Apparently according to the law that means Konami has to pay the original voice actors for any rereleases of the game. Although the voice actor for James has since said he'll allow Konami to use his performance without being paid.

A lot of fans aren't happy with the new voice actors, and nobody wants to take the blame for whole situation. Which is where it gets rather pathetic, with Konami and the new voice actors trying to make the old voice actors look bad, and vice versa.

This is an example of the consumers not knowing anything about the business.

Ummm.....whats the truth then?

I'm not sure what more you are looking for from my original statement...the games business falls squarely in the entertainment business. Voice actors have contracts, music is licensed, products are licensed you don't get to use any/all of those things in perpetuity. Entertainment people have gone on strike because of that as I said before music that was originally licensed for a tv show often is changed when the tv show ceases to be first-run. If musical artists are supposed to be paid for every airing of their song it isn't hard to understand that voice actors would want to be paid in kind as well. Hell in the movie industry the distributors often change this occurs in gaming as well where publishing rights differ amongst countries. Games is a business in the entertainment industry, learn the industry.

http://gamingeverything.com/10268/kojima-hopes-metal-gear-solid-continues-after-he-dies-also-wants-to-make-something-new/

“First of all, I just want to say that as long as there are fans who want Metal Gear Solid, as a producer, I will always want to still make them and I want the series to continue. So even after I die, I still would love to have the Metal Gear Solid series continue.

“But as a creator, of course, I want to do something new, and I don’t want to be limited to Metal Gear forever, right? So of course I have tried in the past. I’ve tried to hand Metal Gear off to other people within the studio and I’ve tried to raise people up so they have the ability to take over. And I think since Metal Gear Solid 3 I’ve tried this and actually did hand it off and have other people come up with the story and come up with the game design. But for some reason it just never really works out. And, you know, I end up having to step in again to take charge and kind of fix things here and there and just get sucked back in unfortunately.”

Oh ! How I worship this guy, and Ueda and Miyazaki(Hayao, the movies guy although I think the Demons Souls one is about to enter my life soon too !). Nothing, no God of war, no Final Fantasy, no uncharteds, no bioshocks, no RFOMs can match the magic these guys weave ! Nothing can match Snake(as quirky he might be), Raiden, Big Boss, The Boss, the lone guy and his horse from SOTC, and all the complicated yet simple characters from Miyazaki's movies (patsu, sheeta, conan, lana, jimsy, tottoro, ohmus, howl, the adorable kiki, Sooski .................and the list goes on) !

Yes, I wish the magic continues forever, though everything does lose its sheen one day, but as long as these guys posses bodies, just weave as much magic as you can, please ! .......: prays to angels:

Last edited by a moderator:
LAtely I've been getting a bit bored of games, and wondered what might be the cause. Now I know it!
A new, proper Kojima game is desperately needed!
There's too few of games from these gaming auteurs today, every great franchise seems to be outsourced :(

Wow, just MGS:pW at a low price as a DD would be awesome :p ! Though I would love to MGS2 in HD too, that game was beautiful !

Since my ps3 disc loading mechanism is giving issues these days, I refrain from changing discs these days :( ! Sometimes a disc is n't sown on th e XMB untill I restart the ps3 or re-insert it multiple times. SOmetimes, the ps3 refuses to take a disc in. it gives me the jitters as I can't imagine my ps3 dying ! So, I prefer the games that are on the HDD if I feel like playing something other than whats in. Most of the time, that is, of course I do have to change the disc sometimes.

Would be nicer if Sony allow us to install MP heavy and grind-oriented games to HDD.

For story driven games like MGS, the replayability is lesser. Buying DD version seems a little wasteful.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection slithers into Europe on Feb. 3, 2012 [update: US on Nov. 8]:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/26/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-slithers-into-europe-on-feb-3-2/

Konami has announced a European release date for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, an enhanced assembly of Hideo Kojima's playful, odd and utterly Byzantine stealth saga. (Well, most of it.) It'll be in shops for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on February 3, 2012.

We've contacted Konami via uncompressed codec to confirm the HD collection's North American release date, which most retailers and rental outlets still list as November 8th, 2011.

Didn't realize MGS HD Collection was released earlier today. DD version may (or may not) come in 2012...

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/7...ar-solid-hd-videos-under-a-cardboard-box.html

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is out today on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and with it comes the four player co-op version of Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker HD. The $50 package features two other Metal Gear Solid games as well - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. The good news is, if you are only looking for the co-op enabled MGS: Peacewalker HD, Konami plans on releasing it as a standalone downloadable title.

Starting next week in Japan, those titles will be available to download via PSN, but the separate downloads won't be coming to Xbox Live and PSN until 2012 in North America and Europe. There's no word on pricing yet on the individual titles, but the Japanese pricing has it listed at $45.

[Confused] I thought the collection was out already ?

Metal Gear Solid Launch Event Draws 500 Fans
Konami celebrates HD Edition's release (and Solid Snake's birthday).
http://andriasang.com/comz1y/

Famitsu.com reports that over 500 fans gathered outside the Yodobashi Camera main entrance for a talk show, raffle and signing. Appearing at the event were Hideo Kojima, and voice actors Yumi Kikuchi, Akio Otsuka and Kikuko Inoue.

"It's packed with content, so please play it though next year," said Kojima, adding jokingly "We won't release a new entry until then." He also hinted at festivities for the Metal Gear series' 25th anniversary next year, saying "Next year is Metal Gear's 25th anniversary, so we'll have something... probably. Please play until then."

Event photos in the link.

ZOE HD collection will be playable at konami's event on the 25th to the 27th

Today, Konami announced that the event will also have a playable corner and goods corners. You won't need a ticket to access these, but depending on crowds attendance may be limited.

To play the game, visit Shinjuku Wald 9's Cafe Oase from 21:00 to 22:30 on the 25th. The game will also be playable there on the 26th and 27th from 8:00 to 22:30.

http://h13.abload.de/img/atk-x-8cqaan6v8rpc8w

http://i.imgur.com/AJu2C.jpg
Low quality offscreen pic

Back