Sony Vita Games Thread

I think I did that but then got bored. Man, I wish I can use cheat and skip the battles... I hate the battles in persona series.

Hmm I wonder how persona dancing all night story is.. The battle is only rhythm mini game right?
I was bored too. Never finished the game.

Currently persona battle is really boring for me. Complete with bad visual fx, bad animation, boring repetitive level design.
Basically the same for me. I don't understand why this game is so overrated.

I have no problems with its gfx or battles , I like them. It's just that it requires too much time for a portable device game.
I will get back to it someday, I like it a lot.

Finished Resistance ! Lovely game :love: considering that it is a Vita game. IMHO, it is a Vita must-have title, the reviews be damned. Best SP with good bosses. The sticks though are too clunky for true FPS play but the game and its weapons are designed around that, letting u get away with a lot of auto-aiming weapons .
Really like this game. If anyone has a Vita and hasn't played this, do find a cheap copy and give it a try. It feels like a full fledged game, not a compromised version in any way.

...and I only finish games that keep me hooked so the fact that it has ended speaks for itself ! :D

PS: just booted up Killzone after finishing Resistance and sure KZ has much finer fps shooting and the gfx seem unbelievable after Resistance.

Meh, currently the best visual is a lesbian, game on vita my friend show me a few weeks ago.

Sure it have bland environment, but the character art and visual quality is really high.

I wonder what the title is.. Agh can't remember. "night of blah lah blah?" pr something.

Resistance provides a better experience than KZ from what I have played. Resistance feels like a campaign, has that uncharted feel, KZ feels like one level after another. I have to ask myself to play KZ while the Resistance game had me waiting to play as and when I could. Even with weaker visuals and mechanics, Resistance provides a better motivation, cohesion and experience.

Hoping KZ improves after the initial levels.

ok, so I managed to snag a reasonably priced Resistance Burning Skies, it's not such a bad game - the frame-rate does get choppy at times. I can see why this didn't score really well but not sure why it was panned. From my PoV I didn't like have too many weapons too soon - I'm a slow learner, so I'm now fumbling with weapons. Also the spawning of enemies could have been better - with them litterally respawning in the exact same spot so you can find a decent place and then pick them off - AI seems suspect too at times. Definitely worth a punt tho.

Anyone know what CoD is like? It's such a shame more FPSs didn't come to Vita :(

It's a simple game ,yes , but I liked it a lot. Weapons are a staple of Resistance, don't worry, use the ones u like.

I deleted KZ, on the other hand, couldn't find the motivation to continue.

Oh, and COD was made by this very studio which made Resistance. Haven't played it though.

As for fps, Borderlands 2 was the only other fps I guess. They ported the full game over.

yeah, I was enjoying Borderlands but got stuck at some point and gave up
I have played it so many times on the ps3 and 4 that I would rather continue with the dlcs on ps4 or play the pre-sequel than restart on another device :). Although I have never played as the psycho(melee) character yet.

I started playing Odin Sphere on Firday. It's a lovely game. Thus far I'd put it somewhere between Muramasa and Dragon's Crown in terms of quality (with DQ being the better of the two in my opinion: more depth, more variety, more cohesion, far less repitition) It looks drop dead gorgeous on the Vita screen , and unlike the often choppy (on the Vita that is) DQ, it's also a silky smooth performer. Gameplay has been overhauled significantly. Vanillaware Muramasa'd the hell out of the game. It's just as responsive as it is explosive now. Besides the sumptuous visuals, there's little resemblance to the sluggish PS2 original (which is available via classic mode as well)

I'm really happy for Odin Sphere. So far it's been getting stellar reviews looking at Metacritic and I think it really deserves a second chance to shine. I only happened to play the first act in the PS2 original*, but comparing to the latest demo they really did a wonderful job with the visuals (looks as if it was always meant to be HD), widescreen FOV and ironed-out interface helps make gameplay less frustrating and combat indeed seems more fluid. I got it on PS4, couldn't resist that gorgeous storybook edition :), though I heard it's cross-save with the Vita, so who knows, maybe I'll get both eventually.
Btw. turned out they really picked an interesting release date for us Europeans, my decision to import from the UK on release day had some funny last-minute consequences ;).

* I've always wanted to play this game, but didn't pick it up on release. Then I got carried away by the 7th generation and forgot about it. Oh and apparently I thought this and Grimgrimoire were the same game ;). A year ago I thought enough was enough and I got both OS and Grimgrimoire on e-bay. Shortly after, they announced Leifthrasir. You can all thank me for murphy'ing the remaster into existence. You're welcome.
Unfortunately, it didn't work on Grimgrimoire :(.

P.S. Oh and, uhm, hi guys :). Love the forum, been lurking for eons... the usual ;).

Yeah, by some weird quirk of fate it seems it might follow that order :). Oh, I bought GrimGrimoire after OS, now it all makes sense! :runaway:
By all means, though, it deserves a chance as well. It's just as beautiful and charming, it may seem less epic and long-lasting, but still. Heck, with its RTS-tower defense-ish hybrid gameplay it could even fit nicely on mobile.
I hope they at least release it emulated on PS4. The original game gained a lot and looked great when natively set to mere ~720p through emulation, which is around the res PS2 emulation on PS4 runs at natively. It looked better than upscaled Odin Sphere imho - original OS had a more than 100 pixel lower horizontal res compared to GG (I guess they did this since the engine was taxing), which resulted in some assets looking kind of stair-stepped. However, GrimGrimoire engine wasn't optimised for higher res and lacked precision to render the sprites properly which resulted in artefacts popping up, so it would be nice if they could fix it. Odin Sphere engine, incidentally, did not have any problems running at higher res natively.

Princess Crown was their first game, Odin Shere is kind of a spiritual successor
Princess Crown wasn't made by Vanillaware, though, because it didn't exist back then, but it was directed by George Kamitani, the studio's founder, so some regard it as Vanillaware's legacy. He also worked on Capcom's D&D the Tower of Doom arcade game as a designer. Dragon's Crown was said to be paying homage both to that and Princess Crown.

Actually, now that you mention it, Atlus or Sega or whoever owns the bloody copyright should do sth about it and make a remaster. It hasn't even been officially translated for crying out loud, even though it scored a PSP port.

Back