Metal Gear Solid 4 post:#1067

Status
Not open for further replies.
And replaced it with a proper next-gen brown wash :yep2:

I don't think it has a brown wash...I think you can see the colours now. Whereas before everything was...well, green. Piss green.

I guess so, but at least the old look was very stylish and had a very MGS feel to it. The new one just looks a bit too drab. I also think most footage still featuring that green wash was for the most part, usually low res or not very good quality in general. I think good HD footage of it would have looked quite good IMO.

Oh well. Game isn't out yet - many things could still change (for better or for worse).

It still has an MGS feel - and since Kojima has said there are more locations in this Metal Gear titles than ever before, there'll be plenty of styles and colour schemes. I think Green was MGS3's colour...time for something new.

I've been thinking, maybe they removed the DOF and bloom because of fillrate problems? Given the sub-720p res it's a good possibility...

I've been thinking, maybe they removed the DOF and bloom because of fillrate problems? Given the sub-720p res it's a good possibility...

Hmmm...But the DOF and Bloom gave it a very nice "Film" Look. I think the green tint was nice, it looked different, it looked like MGS, now it could be like any game with sharp textures on face.

The MGO looks good. Of course, MGS4 being singleplayer will look better than that, So, it would be good!
As for the resolution...I think the resolution would be higher for the Single player campaign.THe online component having lesser graphics and res is understandable.

Hmmm...But the DOF and Bloom gave it a very nice "Film" Look. I think the green tint was nice, it looked different, it looked like MGS, now it could be like any game with sharp textures on face.

Green tint is a superficial approach. Few battlefields have acrobatic soldiers, legendary hero in hi-tech camo suit and pr0n magazines :)

The level design is exceptional. Midtown is one of the best looking and functional maps I have ever seen. As I mentioned in GAF, that map looks very real and "lived in". I can almost imagine mercs and soldiers chowing in all the hiding places during wartime.

DOF and bloood are still there ,they just don't use it the same way,and do it more lightly.I can't believe for a second that it's gone for frame rate concerns.These features don't cost a lot.

I'd bet high quality shadows are still there too ,as a specific lighting system that will kick in for in game cinematics (i know some other game that do that).

http://denshin.free.fr/junk/MGear.jpg

Thsi is a seriously silly comparaison picture ,if you ask me.

Green tint is a superficial approach. Few battlefields have acrobatic soldiers, legendary hero in hi-tech camo suit and pr0n magazines :)

The level design is exceptional. Midtown is one of the best looking and functional maps I have ever seen. As I mentioned in GAF, that map looks very real and "lived in". I can almost imagine mercs and soldiers chowing in all the hiding places during wartime.

Also, no other hero is so Old and still kicks a$$ !:cool: I get your point, but my point was visual.When I look at that truck fullof soldiers coming down the road, I can tell its MGS due to its Visual treatment, without any other hint. That might get lost now, is my concern.

And its really nice to hear that the map is so good!:smile: I have been scouting forums to listen to people's feedbacks, and , of course, some SNAKE pics !:devilish:

Perhaps, but if there is a truckload of soldiers, the Gekkos won't be far behind.

Anyway, DeepOcelot (deepbrown), I saw your XMB messages but it's 5:00am now. Next time, how do I join up a game with you ? There are 3 GAF clans. Are you in the original one ? I have just applied to NeoGAF: FrogUnit.

RenegadeRocks, are you in Europe or US ? Wanna take a trip down to MidTown some day ? :)

RenegadeRocks, are you in Europe or US ? Wanna take a trip down to MidTown some day ? :)

Heh! Heh! thanx for the invitation, but right now my ps3 is in a place called"Offline":cry:.See, I just shifted my home, and I still have to get a new net Connection.Will do as soon as I can.
BTW, where are you playing? US or Europe? coz as soon as I am online I would like to join you guys on play sessions:cool: !

Perhaps, but if there is a truckload of soldiers, the Gekkos won't be far behind.

Anyway, DeepOcelot (deepbrown), I saw your XMB messages but it's 5:00am now. Next time, how do I join up a game with you ? There are 3 GAF clans. Are you in the original one ? I have just applied to NeoGAF: FrogUnit.

I'm in the second gaf clan. To add me we both have to be online, and you have to do a search etc...it's a bit lame. But if you see me in the clan list, then you can add me easy.

No freakin wonder he can't fit his game on a BD50, the guy's crazy! :LOL: We need to get that man a BD100 ASAP! :D

Great find deep.

Last edited by a moderator:
New trailer, New environment.

You're in for a big surprise...

http://www.gamerstube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=247bc31d0eb4e7aeb07a

No HD as of yet

:p

What do you guys think? is he really gonna put the full game in it? If he does, it would be great, coz I haven't played the original. I have Mgs3, but can't find MGS2.
But if he lets me play MGS in it, ......................I don't think he can put the whole game in it, what of all the cutscenes and all???
I think it will be just a level or two.....

What do you guys think? is he really gonna put the full game in it? If he does, it would be great, coz I haven't played the original. I have Mgs3, but can't find MGS2.
But if he lets me play MGS in it, ......................I don't think he can put the whole game in it, what of all the cutscenes and all???
I think it will be just a level or two.....

Nah he won't put the full game in - it'll be as the trailer suggests - a dream sequence. Kojima said he wants gamers of each game to reminise about them - so I expect each game to be replicated in some way....JUNGLE!

They'll do like Monkey Island 3 revisiting the past.
I wont explain that remark further - the MI fans know what I mean

JUNGLE ! JUNGLE JUNGLE ! and Shagohod Factory!(its already there in MGO), and hope I see Big Boss again, lets put The Boss in it too.........snif.....I am going overboard.......snifff......EVA !

Oh! BTW, did you guys notice that the jungle outside the waterfall ,where we meet Eva, suddenly had high res textures on the ground ! (in MGS3) I was like totally surprised when after the cutscene suddenly the game had gone High res! It was just for that one area........

Fainted !
Hey! where's the pics Deepbrown posted??????
I saw those while leaving from work yesterday, that's why the "Fainted!" up there.I came back to save them on my PC and its gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back