Mass Effect: Andromeda

Eye shader is flat, no reflectiveness and glossyness which is weird for a frostbite game to be honest. That and weird walking during cutscenes and social segments.
Once the helmets are on the game changes into a polished experience but once u r in a cutscene or a ship walking around, its weird ppl everywhere :( ! Why ! Why would anyone spoil thier hard work by shipping a game like this??? Game is good and fun, writing is also fun in many instances but those creepy faces and weird walking with shoulders pushed up and elebows pushed back make everyone seem disfigured !

They let thier stellar game get spoilt by this....how could they let it out like this after years of hardwork ? I mean, the walking anim seems like it just needs to fix the position of shoulders in the rigs and the eyes just need a shader which shadows around the edges. WTF !

s5Jh0OE.png

F4BtWln.png

5cOQ6By.png

cDmD6MS.png

7OXnfUi.png

jFSJYIU.png

lQfHHHg.png

If only the creepy shit could be sorted this would actually be a great experience

Dialogues cut off while exploring because u exit the room or area. Dialogues start again when u enter a area although u have already killed the beast there. Man, this needs to wait. There is a fun game in there and I already want that KEth AR , etc, but this needs more time. I guess i will wait for it drop in price and by then at least simpler issues will get solved. They should have released it this fall and reaped praises from all.

Just started Mass Effect 3. :runaway: Do not know how Andromeda's release date managed to creep up on me. :nope:

On youtube there was a video showing some of the "romance" options and it was almost to the level of
"Captain Ryder, your Normandy ship is really impressive"
-"Thanks, I think you have a pretty impressive ship as well, I want to feel it inside me"
"I am sorry captain Ryder, I only date aliens"

Were all Mass Effects this bad? I know a lot of people who love the series but the writing is really terrible

Looks like everyone has glass eyes. I'm baffled why they didn't fix this simple detail before release.

Game is getting terrible reviews, metacritic score around 75%
I'm hearing this is a Mass Effect: Inquisition.

Not going to lie, a big part of me wants to avoid this disappointment, but I also want to experience this disappointment first hand.. I may just go through with it as opposed to refunding this game. I do have a great deal of many other titles I should wrap up on my backlog, I don't necessarily have to do this game on day 1. Still gotta wrap up Doom, Torment, Wasteland 2, and a great deal of other titles in my steam catalog.

Then why not just wait for it to hit the bargain bin. This usually happens within 3 months no matter the quality of the game. Shouldn't take too long for ME:A.

Shame about the reviews.

Played through the EA Access trial. Graphically some of the criticism is a bit OTT. Yes, it has issues with animation and character models, but they're livable with. Seems a bit unfair to ignore the big strides made in the environment and map size. Can't say I particularly like the change made to using your biotic powers; the favourites thing with profiles seems a bit klunky to me and doesn't really make much sense in the game world. Can't deny it's buggy though. Lots of issues during combat - characters getting stuck, strange behaviour, jerky movement.

Think I'll let it cook a while before jumping in.

Then why not just wait for it to hit the bargain bin. This usually happens within 3 months no matter the quality of the game. Shouldn't take too long for ME:A.
Yea I may let it cook.
I'm pretty pro-canadian ;) haha... I just want to support my people as much as I can.

When a broken game like Fallout 4 (horrible performances and bugs on all platforms etc..Same old gameplay etch) gets a 88 metacritic you know that "reviews" in this day & age aren't even worth the bandwidth. Let's remember IGN gave Alien Isolation 54(!)... With EAaccess and Origin Access there's no excuse not to try is out yourself and make up your own mind...

When a broken game like Fallout 4 (horrible performances and bugs on all platforms etc..Same old gameplay etch) gets a 88 metacritic you know that "reviews" in this day & age aren't even worth the bandwidth. Let's remember IGN gave Alien Isolation 54(!)... With EAaccess and Origin Access there's no excuse not to try is out yourself and make up your own mind...
what did you end up deciding btw ;) After my trial I was on the bench still.

what did you end up deciding btw ;) After my trial I was on the bench still.
Bought the Xbox One version. Performance doesn't really bother me that much (as I don't play MP at all anyway) and IQ is good enough compared to PC version when playing on my Plasma (perf is also not optimal at all on the Fury X which 5x more powerful than the Xbox :???: so I said F..k it let's go for the simplest easiest solution..). Didn't encounter a single bug during my 20hrs play (pc + Xbox) let's hope this continues..I just hope that Bioware will change the horrible eye shader

Game is getting terrible reviews, metacritic score around 75%
I'm hearing this is a Mass Effect: Inquisition.

I'm only fussed about the performance issues but I gather that reviewers didn't have the day 1 patch. Common criticisms from reviewers include the removal of the paragon/renegade system which I am personally pleased with because these were simplistically binary and it's not the game's place to judge my decisions against an arbitrary moral line. Also the lack of a deep RPG, which on the face of it is bad in an RPG game except I play RPGs because they give gameplay/combat variety not because I want to roleplay as somebody else. And the combat is gooooood.

Finally, the lack of an epic story driving your forward. I don't know how you top the Reaper storyline but I am actually glad they didn't just to try amp up the odds and contrive another galaxy-ending story. This is the mistake much fiction makes by thinking each successive tale has to escalate things which just becomes ridiculous.

Also my inclination in games like Mass Effect was just taking my time exploring the galaxy. I'm still working through Mass Effect 3 but I think it fails in that the urgency of the Reaper invasion could push some people to ignore side missions but where they are actually critical - and fun! So letting me tackle the galaxy at my own pace, which I'm going to do anyway, is preferable to a story pushing to do X, Y and Z in a set order. That was the appeal of Mass Effect 1 and which I think ME2 and ME3 lost through a main story imperative.

Back